The Rumour Thread

Having picked up both the new White Dwarf, Dawnbringerss IV, and reviewing "older" releases, I have come to the following conclusion of potential releases.

New Wave/Grand "Refresh" factions: Skaven, Fyreslayers, Idoneth (based on the old "Underworlds waband=new wave concept of rumors), and Lumineth (unfortunately). 

New Factions entirely: Chaos Dwarfs.

New model for old character/potential new character: Khorgos Khul(all new stories and lore point to him finally becoming a daemon prince), "Lady of Ruin" chaos character mentioned in book IV.

EDIT: I have a @Whitefang reaction, my day has been made.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

What are the expectations for tonight's coming next week article? 

TOW maybe? Still have the rest of the bretonnians and tomb kings to be released. 

I doubt DB 5 will be announced with DB 4 only hitting shelves yesterday. 

Maybe underworlds? 

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

I wonder how some people dislike 3rd wave of Lumineth and are ok with 123rd Stormcast model coming up.

It's also interesting to see new Lumineth Elves, but imo they may keep releasing Stormcast for eternity, the only requirement is that they need to look like the ones in Blacktallon or saviours of Cinderfall. Amazing mini's.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

TOW maybe? Still have the rest of the bretonnians and tomb kings to be released. 

Maybe underworlds? 

I expect Underworlds, last warbands of seasons are released by start of march so that is 2 weeks from now. Maybe even Warcry or Kill team. Or just all skirmish games 😄

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

For tonight Im hoping for warcray whit the gorgers and citys warband preorder 
image.png.4711917e8bcfd8315ffe45c11af78adc.png

Arent we waiting for the Nighthaunt vs Lumineth box? Or do you mean the separate warbands releases?

image.png.5883493e684ecbf0ddc3107e123e5a23.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Anyone else thought grom the paunch could be a future Gitmob unit ? (Even under a new name)

IMG_7054.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

I dont see the need to bring Grom back he kinda went mia with end times i believe. I rather see a new Gitmob lord. I think we will see him back in ToW.

• Like 5

If we want AOS to grow into its own identity we need it to have its own identity.

Relying on characters from TOW doesnt help AOS.

Its like WWE. People love the Rock* but when he recently returned people werent happy as it takes away from the new generation.

*The Rock boils my blood.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Maybe underworlds? 

I have the feeling it is either TOW MTO or the restock for the big boxes.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont see the need to bring Grom back he kinda went mia with end times i believe. I rather see a new Gitmob lord. I think we will see him back in ToW.

I know , I didn’t meant the named grom the paunch mini come back , just the archetype of a giant fat goblin leader could be back ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Dozzed off from this thread for a week or so, any new spicy rumours happened since then ? 

Whitefang commented on two potential Skaven heroes from the new ed box. A Grey Seer and a Clawlord. Maybe you missed this one.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

If we want AOS to grow into its own identity we need it to have its own identity.

Relying on characters from TOW doesnt help AOS.

Its like WWE. People love the Rock* but when he recently returned people werent happy as it takes away from the new generation.

*The Rock boils my blood.

The old and new is connected. AoS is the continuation of what came before, after all. I am also convinced AoS would have ended up a resounding fail if GW tried the "kill everything old, here's the new cool game." All of the big characters in SBGL is old world, DoK is basically only here because of Morathi (old world), Malerion is old world, Teclis/Tyrion/Eltharion, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

AoS is still warhammer. Having an old character come back in a cool way is fun. I do not think AoS is any danger when it comes to identity or anything like that. AoS is the round based skirmish/army hybrid whereas TOW is the RnF game. They're visually different. I guess I struggle with understanding what's so icky about being connected to WHFB/TOW. It was a game which preceded AoS and now it is a game which adds to the background of AoS.

For example, me watching Andor only made Rouge One even better. Horus Heresy made 40k better.

Otherwise, we need a completely different IP if the old stuff is an issue. I struggle to find anything that's uniquely AoS in AoS. A lot of it is just rebranded units from WHFB. KO is just mecha-Dawi, FS is just slayers, SBGL is just VC with a copyrightable name, etc. To get somewhere close to a point is the identity of AoS is WHFB+. Setting is bigger, more extreme, goes even further in mixing magical sci-fi and fantasy elements together. That is what makes AoS what it is to me. If a new or old character makes sense in the setting I'm A-OK with it.

TL;DR: The more you try and distance yourself from WHFB/TOW the more obvious the connection gets. AoS already has an identity shown by how people talk about the minis (almost every 40k content creator I follow keep raving about how awesome AoS looks) and the game is constantly sneaking into previously 40k only channels. Just recently Play on Tabletop started doing their "40k in 40 minutes" for but AoS. 

TL;DR of the TL;DR: AoS identity is both defined and solid enough to handle another old character returning in an AoSified manner. I mean, the fact we say AoSified alone should indicate AoS has a very clear identity at this point!

Happy hobbying, in the old and new worlds/realms!

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1