The Rumour Thread

Regarding launch box contents for Dominion and accompanying SCE range, I wonder if - as people have speculated - the refresh of the 1st Edition stuff in the upcoming box means that in 5th edition the Sacrosanct chamber will be refreshed? So Sequitors etc?

9 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The only thing I want to see taken from Space Marines is the unique aesthetics for mini's from each major chamber. In the same way we have Blood Angels, Dark Angels and etc.

no plz. if gw start to do how 40k where the game are the 80% only marines with same model across 20 armys but with diferents colours and some minor diferent detaill and is enougth to call it diferent army.

at the moment that gw start to release diferents armys of same models of  stormcast but with diferents colours and some shield or shoulder diferent  is the moment that i quit aos.

i am a sc player and i dont want more new units,but also i dont want get replaced my only 8 years olds models allready with new versions.

in fact if i must choose i would preffer new units before replace old units with only 8 years of lyfespan

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

Um, intrigued for the Sunday Preview tomorrow, not a lot of hints have been shown so far. Going ahead on my tau project, (I think I can handle it) so now my interest on the release of the chickens has imcreased.

4 hours ago, karbur said:

Quite the V1 box, I assume it would be bad for selling, even me who has the whole range would wonder if I take it.

There's two choices, we continue the Stormcast bloat by adding even more units, or we update older stuff, personally I'd rather update older stuff. Personally I prefer to start updating the older stuff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, karbur said:

Quite the V1 box, I assume it would be bad for selling, even me who has the whole range would wonder if I take it.

yup,as you,i and i guess many others wont buy a new box only of same models that we allready have only because they are updated.

allways better new models than invalid models with only 8 years.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Doko said:

no plz. if gw start to do how 40k where the game are the 80% only marines with same model across 20 armys but with diferents colours and some minor diferent detaill and is enougth to call it diferent army.

at the moment that gw start to release diferents armys of same models of  stormcast but with diferents colours and some shield or shoulder diferent  is the moment that i quit aos.

i am a sc player and i dont want more new units,but also i dont want get replaced my only 8 years olds models allready with new versions.

in fact if i must choose i would preffer new units before replace old units with only 8 years of lyfespan

Lol, a very bizar reason to quite 😄 

Nobody would be forcing you to replace your current SC. There is already to much bloat unit wise for SCE, so if GW wants to keep making SCE, I would prefer to make more unique aesthetic wise mini's for the different Stormhosts or realms they hail from. As shown in Blacktalons, The paladin from Ghur is amazing. Imo, they should also do this for CoS units. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Regarding launch box contents for Dominion and accompanying SCE range, I wonder if - as people have speculated - the refresh of the 1st Edition stuff in the upcoming box means that in 5th edition the Sacrosanct chamber will be refreshed? So Sequitors etc?

Sequitors look way better than Liberators imo, but I wouldn't discard it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

To be fair we already got that in the first ed.

image.png.3d8723184108758aa6973c6d9170921b.png

image.png.0c008df0b92d92a63a5a46d43ef6dfff.png

image.png.12896c81c816efb6363bbd791db92284.png

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Whitefang back me up said:

Want to know what the AOS V4 project name is?

Project Star. 

Does this kind of project names have some sort of relation with their plot? Or are they purely random?

Project Star sounds like Azyr.

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sequitors look way better than Liberators imo, but I wouldn't discard it.

I agree, it is just that 5th is a Death edition (presumably), and the Sacrosanct are kind of geared for fighting Death, and they were wheeled out in 2nd vs Nh. Just seems to fit for me.

But maybe Sacrosanct will stay oldcast style, they absolutely do look a lot better with the robes and such than 1st wave SCE.

I do wonder where SCE will go in the long run. THey have so many models and since almost all of them are infantry they do seem very bloated. Maybe we will be getting some more exotic stuff (lightning gheist somethings etc) in the future expansions to vary them a little more.

Just now, Goatforce said:

I agree, it is just that 5th is a Death edition (presumably), and the Sacrosanct are kind of geared for fighting Death, and they were wheeled out in 2nd vs Nh. Just seems to fit for me.

But maybe Sacrosanct will stay oldcast style, they absolutely do look a lot better with the robes and such than 1st wave SCE.

I do wonder where SCE will go in the long run. THey have so many models and since almost all of them are infantry they do seem very bloated. Maybe we will be getting some more exotic stuff (lightning gheist somethings etc) in the future expansions to vary them a little more.

At some point we have to have new chambers released. If I am not wrong there are 2 or 3 still pending to be opened, so maybe we have something else to fight against death.

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

I think I’ll be much longer out than that.

If they’re going by chambers then ideally it’d go:

AoS4 Warriors (still suspect 2025 to be an actual refresh for 10 year anniversary)

AoS5 Extremis & Vanguard(staple down what the new heavy cavalry & light cav will be with the hunters and whatever new Dracothion units or warriors they make)

AoS6 Sacrosanct (newest of the bunch with a ton of ways to drag their feet on needing new armor with their soul enhancing powers)

AoS5 being Order vs Death is a good shout but who knows what Death will throw out next. Maybe Nagash will enslave the spider death gods living beneath him that make those portals that undermine him so he can get revenge on the Skaven’s gnaw-holes with his own “webway” portals and Sigmar unleashes new Vanguard and the Logisticar Chamber to quickly locate, teleport to and stop the undead spider hordes? (Just for an example)

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Does this kind of project names have some sort of relation with their plot? Or are they purely random?

Project Star sounds like Azyr.

With GW it can go either way. Like back in 2010 the rules design team working on AoS was called Project Stanley. 😄

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

At some point we have to have new chambers released. If I am not wrong there are 2 or 3 still pending to be opened, so maybe we have something else to fight against death.

We still have 

Ruination

Covenant

Logister (newest one made during the Age of Hope to help coordinate troops & supplies from Azyr to the other Realms. I like to think that’s where all the Stormcast scholars, engineers and eggheads are)

GFWPM96WYAEz1Gr?format=jpg&name=large

So Covenant should be after Ruination.

Maybe that’ll attune with Extremis refresh for Dracothioncast kinda stuff? 🐉 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I think I’ll be much longer out than that.

If they’re going by chambers then ideally it’d go:

AoS4 Warriors (still suspect 2025 to be an actual refresh for 10 year anniversary)

AoS5 Extremis & Vanguard(staple down what the new heavy cavalry & light cav will be with the hunters and whatever new Dracothion units or warriors they make)

AoS6 Sacrosanct (newest of the bunch with a ton of ways to drag their feet on needing new armor with their soul enhancing powers)

AoS5 being Order vs Death is a good shout but who knows what Death will throw out next. Maybe Nagash will enslave the spider death gods living beneath him that make those portals that undermine him so he can get revenge on the Skaven’s gnaw-holes with his own “webway” portals and Sigmar unleashes new Vanguard and the Logisticar Chamber to quickly locate, teleport to and stop the undead spider hordes? (Just for an example)

With GW it can go either way. Like back in 2010 the rules design team working on AoS was called Project Stanley. 😄

We still have 

Ruination

Covenant

Logister (newest one made during the Age of Hope to help coordinate troops & supplies from Azyr to the other Realms. I like to think that’s where all the Stormcast scholars, engineers and eggheads are)

GFWPM96WYAEz1Gr?format=jpg&name=large

So Covenant should be after Ruination.

Maybe that’ll attune with Extremis refresh for Dracothioncast kinda stuff? 🐉 

Hum, maybe the tower Ionus is building has a relation with the Ruination chamber. Sounds like a name that fits it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum, maybe the tower Ionus is building has a relation with the Ruination chamber. Sounds like a name that fits it.

I think it’s more than likely.

Which is why I think it’s gonna end up a giant forge of sorts.

The Chambers are always active just not “unleashed” so Ruination Stormcast have existed before. Same with Sacrosanct always being there(even the Realmgate War novels hinted at them in the stormhost meeting room parts) working behind the scenes.

So logically Ionus’ tower wouldn’t create them but allow them to open up and operate in the realms. Which could be why it’s at the Adamantine Chain surrounded by active volcanoes & duardin workers if they’re making “bodies” for what I assume are the Ruined and stored away souls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d settle for AoS 4 or 5 giving some much needed reinforcements to the Bonereapers who have a 20 unit range. Any Death faction beyond that either just got a bunch of stuff (FEC) or isn’t nearly in need. 

What about the monthly vampire lord tax?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1