The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm in the opposite camp: "Arch Knight," to me, implies the existence of "Knight." I'd be shocked if GW doesn't do nu-greatswords and I'd be twice as shocked if their inevitable "heavily armored foot knights," that will likely get released alongside likely new monstrous knights, don't have any design cues in common: the little crown on the lapel is the most "Arch" part of the "archknight"

May not be as elaborate, but nothing about the cities releases have made me feel like the knights will be "normal"

Yeah, I'm 100% expecting a "Freeguild Knights" unit as a Vanari Bladelord equivalent whenever Cities gets its "wacky stuff" fleshing out wave (still hoping for crazy renessaince inspired Ironweld steam contraptions and Zenestra looking Devoted).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

For anyone who wants these minis but haven't any events near by, I suggest joining this group on fb. 

Will be fairly easy to get the models at normal rrp. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=share

Perhaps there's still hope yet.
Might push me over the edge and add a second Command Corps to the to-do list (even if it gets limited to 1 per army). Want to try my hand at converting/not using any original Command Corps minis to make it unique and fit with my Settler's Gain inspired new theme.

Might even try out a Lethis scheme with all the raven-y Cities minis coming out (this, the assassin from Callis and Toll's team).

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I doubt this would be the case. If they do, it would have to be some sort of twisted concept. From my pov, if you have a unit of Arch Knights, they lose their essence from the  Command Corps unit. So I don't expect a unit full of them.

It could be a unit of just Knights, lead by an Arch-knight as unit champion

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I doubt this would be the case. If they do, it would have to be some sort of twisted concept. From my pov, if you have a unit of Arch Knights, they lose their essence from the  Command Corps unit. So I don't expect a unit full of them.

Cavaliers' unit champion is also an Arch-Knight. Honestly surprised we didn't get more lore about WHAT Arch-Knights actually are (rank, status, etc.) in the BT.

• Like 1

Just now, Asbestress said:

Cavaliers' unit champion is also an Arch-Knight. Honestly surprised we didn't get more lore about WHAT Arch-Knights actually are (rank, status, etc.) in the BT.

Pure speculation, but Arch-knight is probably something akin to Chapter master from fantasy, which would also fit with the animal theme and space marine chapters, this is a knightly order of the Golden bear or whatever, its chapter master wears a helmet in shape of a bear

16 minutes ago, Souleater said:

If only weird snake vampire lady had looked as cool. 😕

I think this mode is spot on. 

Honestly IMO Sekhar just needs a mask and a better paint job for her skin. I'm thinking either the Tomb Guard champ's mask or one from The Masque of Slaanesh's wand:Screenshot2024-01-29at12_29_56PM.png.427b09f99ff6de687bc08cd622ce3dd0.pngScreenshot2024-01-29at12_30_58PM.png.dd2e65a192fd0d13fdd51a6690b507ef.pngScreenshot2024-01-29at12_31_19PM.png.84bb2e40c5f8b8248b67b2bcb53f9131.png

1 minute ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

These reveals have gone to the birds.

For the crime of bloody murder, I sentence you to death.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Honestly IMO Sekhar just needs a mask and a better paint job for her skin. I'm thinking either the Tomb Guard champ's mask or one from The Masque of Slaanesh's wand:Screenshot2024-01-29at12_29_56PM.png.427b09f99ff6de687bc08cd622ce3dd0.pngScreenshot2024-01-29at12_30_58PM.png.dd2e65a192fd0d13fdd51a6690b507ef.pngScreenshot2024-01-29at12_31_19PM.png.84bb2e40c5f8b8248b67b2bcb53f9131.png

For the crime of bloody murder, I sentence you to death.

She should’ve used a darker gold as well- Her skin is pale so it’s bright on bright, when dark on bright would probably look better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

She should’ve used a darker gold as well- Her skin is pale so it’s bright on bright, when dark on bright would probably look better. 

Honestly if they used the old/standard gold (retributor armor, reikland flesh shade, liberator armor +stormhost silver) I think it could've worked out.

4 hours ago, PJetski said:

La 4e édition sera presque certainement dévoilée à Adepticon (20 au 24 mars) et sera probablement lancée en juin.

Dawnbringers 4 sort le 10 février

Dawnbringers 5 sortira probablement autour d'Adepticon, et Dawnbringers 6 sortira en avril/mai ou sera simplement mis en conserve comme le livre d'Alarielle Broken Realms.

Il semble qu’il y ait eu quelques revers dans le calendrier de sortie en raison de ce qui a causé le ****** de Legion Imperialis.

Difficile de s'enthousiasmer pour Dawn 5/6 s'il y a une nouvelle édition d'ici quelques mois !

17th february, pre-order is for 2 weeks.

Broken realm Alarielle ??

10 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Honestly IMO Sekhar just needs a mask and a better paint job for her skin. I'm thinking either the Tomb Guard champ's mask or one from The Masque of Slaanesh's wand:

I plan on just painting her face gold as if it is a mask. That's what I do with a lot of models with faces I don't exactly enjoy, like Teclis and the GSC Sanctus.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm in the opposite camp: "Arch Knight," to me, implies the existence of "Knight." I'd be shocked if GW doesn't do nu-greatswords and I'd be twice as shocked if their inevitable "heavily armored foot knights," that will likely get released alongside likely new monstrous knights, don't have any design cues in common: the little crown on the lapel is the most "Arch" part of the "archknight"

May not be as elaborate, but nothing about the cities releases have made me feel like the knights will be "normal"

While I agree with you that on paper it makes sense, I have the feeling we won't see Knights any time soon. If Arch Knight is like a Retributor in comparison with a Liberator, a Knight would look something like Emelda from Cursed City:

image.png.17bd47ef53cdfe4fb0b327f668841e8a.png

But she is just a Freeguild Captain. So IMO either they replace the Knight concept and we have a Captains unit, or they just give a *** about their Cursed City lore and we have a unit of Knights like Emelda, but never with that animals look. I think that would be reserved for the Arch Knights.

Edited by Ejecutor

23 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Perhaps there's still hope yet.
Might push me over the edge and add a second Command Corps to the to-do list (even if it gets limited to 1 per army). Want to try my hand at converting/not using any original Command Corps minis to make it unique and fit with my Settler's Gain inspired new theme.

Might even try out a Lethis scheme with all the raven-y Cities minis coming out (this, the assassin from Callis and Toll's team).

Did I hear Settler's Gain? From the official cities it is my favourite scheme! I am waiting to see that shift from Greywater to Settlers Gain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I see no reason why GW couldn't release a unit that has the arch knight aesthetics. GW was never stopped by a "small" lore problem. The event mini is way to cool to be limited to one mini. Make a whole knightly order of that aesthetic. From knights on horses, knights on big ravens, a grandmaster and etc.. Cool stuff.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I see no reason why GW couldn't release a unit that has the arch knight aesthetics. GW was never stopped by a "small" lore problem. The event mini is way to cool to be limited to one mini. Make a whole knightly order of that aesthetic. From knights on horses, knights on big ravens, a grandmaster and etc.. Cool stuff.

What if... CoS got a Morrda inspired subfaction. I think the dark riders already fit the theme. Love the idea of raven riders as a demigryph replacement.

image.png.93a5a29f1bfbec9a0f34f5a9f82551f6.png

(Years have i tried to get this thing...)

• LOVE IT! 3

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

While I agree with you that on paper it makes sense, I have the feeling we won't see Knights any time soon. If Arch Knight is like a Retributor in comparison with a Liberator, a Knight would look something like Emelda from Cursed City:

image.png.17bd47ef53cdfe4fb0b327f668841e8a.png

But she is just a Freeguild Captain. So IMO either they replace the Knight concept and we have a Captains unit, or they just give a *** about their Cursed City lore and we have a unit of Knights like Emelda, but never with that animals look. I think that would be reserved for the Arch Knights.

Guys, we have already seen regular Cities knights:

freeguild-cavaliers-v0-xpy73rbj70xa1.png.dea564341e88034dbf902e447e2a05fa.png

An Arch-Knight is just a Cavalier unit champion.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Hum. True. I thought the Arch Knight was some sort tied to the role of Bodyguard that it has on the Command Corps.

Said that, if we already have Knights on horses, is there room for Knights on foot?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum. True. I thought the Arch Knight was some sort tied to the role of Bodyguard that it has on the Command Corps.

Said that, if we already have Knights on horses, is there room for Knights on foot?

If bretonnia can get foot knights, cities definetly can too

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum. True. I thought the Arch Knight was some sort tied to the role od Bodyguard that it has on the Command Corps.

100%. The Cities of Sigmar are not constrained by weird Bretonnian hangups, they can get knights on foot anytime.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Ah! Didn't realize that! Dude even has a deer helm! 

Footslogging knights are my favorite, so I'm stoked to see what the foot version looks like

Also wondering if we'll see some equivalent to pistoliers making a comeback! I had a whole Free Cities project in the works using Perry knights and GW rebooted the faction like three weeks after I got started in earnest, lol. Hoping Cities gets their second wave sooner rather than later so I can get back to it!

• Like 1

For what its' worth with the event minis, they tend to be available at the UK Games Expo and any events at Warhammer World in the UK. After events any remaining stock is available there whilst it lasts. How long it lasts depends on the model. Last year's Commissar was pretty hard to get a hold of but the Darkoath was fairly easy to get. I know the Primaris Champion that was also difficult to get was available made to order at events too.

A Kroot and a Cities of Sigmar figure... I could see both being not too difficult to get but very much worth joining the loot group (or going to an event if you can afford to as they tend to be enjoyable.

Mini wise the Kroot is fine, I might get it if I can afford it at the time, the Arch-Knight though is amazing, definitely going to need to try and get myself one.

• Like 2