The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warhammer Event Minis revealed.  Fair to say AoS wins this one. Alternative Arch-Knight for CoS, all hail Morr(da)! Although I'm sure some Tzeentchian cultists will be eager to get their hands on this one.

rAfswBoyp4lXTIMV.jpg

IzGN5RQmDYItMlKo.jpg

I need to have this mini for my Lethis inspired Morrda army. How do i reliably get it?

Edit: hope i know someone who goes to warhammer world XD.

Edited by Gitzdee

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I need to have this mini for my Lethis inspired Morrda army. How do i reliably get it?

Edit: hope i know someone who goes to warhammer world XD.

Are they limited to one per user? I need to know who you know going to Warhammer World xD

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warhammer Event Minis revealed.  Fair to say AoS wins this one. Alternative Arch-Knight for CoS, all hail Morr(da)! Although I'm sure some Tzeentchian cultists will be eager to get their hands on this one.

rAfswBoyp4lXTIMV.jpg

IzGN5RQmDYItMlKo.jpg

lIx5Foayr3hnyeCD.jpg

Ls6BpvophlVyLpln.jpg

NOOO!

I love both of them but there are no events all year within a 200 km area of me!
Guess I know which CoS mini I won't be getting...

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@MitGas I'm thinking either an exalted champion or a heavily converted Fatemaster (just need to put it on a Disc of Tzeentch).

To use our King Brodd's subtlety;

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!! 

Why the FEC (Flesh-Eater Courts obviously, I'm not trying to be creative around the censoring) is this not a normal release?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

NOOO!

I love both of them but there are no events all year within a 200 km area of me!
Guess I know which CoS mini I won't be getting...

There aren't any events within 1000km of me. GW didn't get the memo. Event minis are supposed to be decently average alternative sculpts not amazing works of art. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

There aren't any events within 1000km of me. GW didn't get the memo. Event minis are supposed to be decently average alternative sculpts not amazing works of art. 

It would be so easy to put all of these as MTO at the end of the year... even if it is like 10 € more expensive.... solves scalpers' problem, makes happy the playerbase who wants to get them, and generates profit... It was so easy to make it right, GW...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

For anyone who wants these minis but haven't any events near by, I suggest joining this group on fb. 

Will be fairly easy to get the models at normal rrp. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=share

Thanks for this, out of likes.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Activating facebook again after more than 5 years just for that xD

This XD.

Now i am going to hunt this mini like an army of Bonesplitterz hunting a Lumineth cow.

Edited by Gitzdee

58 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol.

The amount of mini's you have to push with AoS around is easly 100+ for a 2000 points battle. The amount of mini's needed for a 2000 point TOW battle is not so much more.

For Darkoath the problem is that when you reinforce it or want to have more units of Darkoath Savagers units, because it fits your army. You have an army of clones. The god-speaker is always the same model. Also the Proven are on smaller bases 28,5 compared to the wrathtouched. Bigger base, but lower damage output than the proven and etc.

Beautiful mini's and nice as a one off - non reinforced unit, but better suited for Warcry and not as a main AoS unit.

Edit: I.e a TOW 2000 points HE without dragons is between 50-75 models. Has a 2000 point Lumineth army much fewer mini's? The difference will not be huge.

A Lumineth army tops out at about 60 if you don't use any expensive units but you can build a legal  2000 Lumineth army with less than 20 minis. 

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

4th edition will almost certainly be revealed at Adepticon (March 20 to 24) and will likely launch in June.

Dawnbringers 4 is being released February 10

Dawnbringers 5 will likely be released around Adepticon, and Dawnbringers 6 will be released in April/May or just get canned like the Alarielle Broken Realms book

It seems like there have been some setbacks in the release schedule due to whatever caused Legion Imperialis to get delayed.

Hard to get excited about Dawn 5/6 if there's a new edition within a few months!

Was there actually supposed to be an Allarielle book!?

59 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

rAfswBoyp4lXTIMV.jpg

IzGN5RQmDYItMlKo.jpg

lIx5Foayr3hnyeCD.jpg

Ls6BpvophlVyLpln.jpg

HANDS DOWN THE BEST COS MINIATURE YET!! I LOVE IT, IT DRIPS GRIMDARK CHARACTER!! AHHHH!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A Lumineth army tops out at about 60 if you don't use any expensive units but you can build a legal  2000 Lumineth army with less than 20 minis. 

Which means that the difference between the average miniature count for both systems is not so big. Atleast not so big imo that you can post that AoS units need less options, because you will only run one, non reinforced unit in this example the Darkoath Savagers.

I like all the StD warcry warbands, but some just doesn't work as good as proper AoS units. Darkoath Savagers is one. The rules are nice, but reinforcing it or making a second unit as you want an armylist that is centered more about the available Darkoath characters and etc.. means that it is very limited and you will run in a clone army very fast.

It was posted that Darkoath savagers are/ could be the replacement for the old marauder kit. Imo, this is not good enough as visual you are running an army of clones when you replaced marauders with the mini's of the Darkoath set.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Great mini. Very Dark Souls/Hieronymous Bosch/John Blanche in style. In-universe, could work well as  a knight-Templar of Morrda, or a knight from Lethis in Shyish, or just someone who likes crows. It’s a great look and some fun diversity.

Nice kroot too, just a basic carnivore but fine active pose.

To me it feels much more Darkest dungeon style, because of how angular it seems

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

If GW don't already have a heavy infantry unit of "grimdark animal knights" in the pipline already then idk what is going on over there lol what a beautiful sculpt!

I doubt this would be the case. If they do, it would have to be some sort of twisted concept. From my pov, if you have a unit of Arch Knights, they lose their essence from the  Command Corps unit. So I don't expect a unit full of them.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I doubt this would be the case. If they do, it would have to be some sort of twisted concept. From my pov, if you have a unit of Arch Knights, they lose their essence from the  Command Corps unit. So I don't expect a unit full of them.

I'm in the opposite camp: "Arch Knight," to me, implies the existence of "Knight." I'd be shocked if GW doesn't do nu-greatswords and I'd be twice as shocked if their inevitable "heavily armored foot knights," that will likely get released alongside likely new monstrous knights, don't have any design cues in common: the little crown on the lapel is the most "Arch" part of the "archknight"

May not be as elaborate, but nothing about the cities releases have made me feel like the knights will be "normal"

• Like 13