The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

Also I never said wood elf archer spam is broken, I said that's what I've heard from others, I have no clue about ToW rules myself

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

(Not having a go at anyone specific, was just an example)

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know how others see it, but I find that since compared to the earlier AoS models, newer ones are a lot more restrained when it comes to detail. Or rather, I should say, ornamentation and texture. Detail, as in the resolution of the miniature and crispness of its shapes, has stayed more or less the same.

Anyway, you can compare units like the Lord Castellant to any new Stormcast hero to see what I mean:

Hide contents

01-01.jpg?fm=webp&w=920

grafik.png.22e2e914d3cc19b914b45e3c88542c8e.png

I think GW sculptors understand that adding more random skulls and disparate elements all over the model is not the way of the future, even though I am sure that kind of stuff was really exciting when they were first doing it to Archaon during the End Times.

One is a great little model, like GW Geralt in heavy armor, the other looks like someone stuck random ****** from his bits box onto the figure to make it look like some Ultramarine Honor Guard in a fantasy setting. 

Definitely shows how far those designers have come and refined the look. Like Mies van der Rohe famously said: „less is more“, at least in some cases! 👌

So yeah, I think GW needs to think about the overall composition/the basic design way more than worrying about adding even more details onto the sculpts. We‘re currently at a really spot in regards to that anyways. The latest designs usually really show earlier stuff who‘s boss… I‘m not just talking about ancient plastic kits that suck now but even more recent, over-designed stuff like Archaon (what a tragedy the new one is compared to Napoleon) or those End Times Death things that kinda influenced Bonereapers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

I know this is the Rumour Thread and it wiggles around like a demented caffeinated snake at times, but can we get back to rumours please?

Thanks

Hoping the new winged Hag lady for Daughters leads to something cool: I liked their narrative a lot in Broken Realms and I've been curious to see how the Khainite faction fracturing a bit could play out! I'm rereading through the End Times and Malekith/Malerion is still cool: his faction has been described in such vague terms that they could really do literally anything with him/them

"Shadow Moon-Demon Aelves" is really cool on paper, and I've got no idea how they could look. Outside of the one piece of art from awhile ago for Malerion, is there anything for them at all? Malerion himself is barely present in the narrative so far

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

I know this is the Rumour Thread and it wiggles around like a demented caffeinated snake at times, but can we get back to rumours please?

Thanks

I've heard a rumor that wood elf archer spam is broken? 😏

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Tonhel said:

FEC army set is still available on their main site. But it will be probably sell out the moment the official release is announced as it is cheaper to buy the army set. In the past I only bought the StD and CoS army sets. Mainly because I really wanted the artefact/spell cards.. but I don't remember if they sold out faster or not than the FEC army set.

21 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The CoS one has been around in the shops I usually check for quite a few. I even saw one (at launch price) recently on the second-hand site I normally sell my leftovers.

It should be perfectly normal to see boxes like this still around after their launch week TBQH... it's absurd that they're FOMO prints when basically all other wargames have big army boxes buyable year round.

However! every time I try going to the store I'm greeted by either a queue or a captcha to even ENTER the site... so I would never know there was even an FEC army box to buy to begin with :|

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

Hoping the new winged Hag lady for Daughters leads to something cool: I liked their narrative a lot in Broken Realms and I've been curious to see how the Khainite faction fracturing a bit could play out! I'm rereading through the End Times and Malekith/Malerion is still cool: his faction has been described in such vague terms that they could really do literally anything with him/them

"Shadow Moon-Demon Aelves" is really cool on paper, and I've got no idea how they could look. Outside of the one piece of art from awhile ago for Malerion, is there anything for them at all? Malerion himself is barely present in the narrative so far

Honestly I really want more weird mutant DoK. Really dig into mythology for inspiration than give it a very different AoS spin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Honestly I really want more weird mutant DoK. Really dig into mythology for inspiration than give it a very different AoS spin.

same! since AOS Slaanesh is actually covering more vices/sins, DoK should lean into the Monstrous/Deadly Beauty theme. Maybe some snake-heads on traitors cursed by Morathi? Rattlesnake and stinger tails? Melusai look fantastic and deserve more sisters

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

same! since AOS Slaanesh is actually covering more vices/sins, DoK should lean into the Monstrous/Deadly Beauty theme. Maybe some snake-heads on traitors cursed by Morathi? Rattlesnake and stinger tails? Melusai look fantastic and deserve more sisters

I would like some more units that match the Crone aesthetically especially if they're on the monstrous side. More ladies with feathered wings or even warlocks that resemble more of kenkus would be rad. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

That seems imo very doable in 6 years.

What do you imagine how Grungi dwarves will look like? I assume they will have to look different than the Dwarfs from Dwarfen Mountain Holds from TOW?

I think we won't see Grugni's Duardins

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

I think it would be cool to see more monstrous versions of the scathborn. From what I remember, morathi’s cauldron is damaged, and there’s rumours of weird beings coming from it, so there is precedent for it. I had an idea a while back for a cavalry unit that would be a twisted version of the melusai based on skull crawlers, I’d buy some of them in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

55 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I would like some more units that match the Crone aesthetically especially if they're on the monstrous side. More ladies with feathered wings or even warlocks that resemble more of kenkus would be rad. 

This would be a really cool way to visually distinguish the Morath DoK from the rebel DoK.  Morathi side could be snakes, bat wings, and monstrous stuff.  The rebel DoK could be feathered wings and have a separate aesthetic.  I like the idea of pro-Morathi and anti-Morathi factions having their own distinct look. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

It'd be interesting to see what they can do without stepping on too many other factions imagery. Like I could see a unit of centaur inspired DoK being interesting, especially if they're drawing on something other than horses for their lower halves, but would that eat too much into the design space for Centigors and Kurnothi? Or like a spider themed character without crossing too much into Spiderfang or Tarantulos Brood's aesthetics.  

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

My plan for narrative games/my own collection's lore is to add a couple units of Corvus Cabal and have the Crone basically have usurped a portion of the tribe through seeming to be the embodiment of the Great Gatherer she doesn't particularly have any interest in them beyond being useful cannon fodder but they flock to her all the same.

1 hour ago, Awkward Yhetee said:

I think it would be cool to see more monstrous versions of the scathborn. From what I remember, morathi’s cauldron is damaged, and there’s rumours of weird beings coming from it, so there is precedent for it. I had an idea a while back for a cavalry unit that would be a twisted version of the melusai based on skull crawlers, I’d buy some of them in a heartbeat.

Yeah that's what gives me enough hope that there's something coming, the lore seems to be hinting at it

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Except that it was even worse and more broken than Saturday.

And seems like the scalpers managed to jump the queue again ☹️

Man, if scalpers put that energy into something more productive like, I dunno, staring at walls...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Except that it was even worse and more broken than Saturday.

And seems like the scalpers managed to jump the queue again ☹️

I like how there's a notification that the novel was sold out over 5 hours ago, yet there's a queue, that's paused, so I can't enter the webstore...I just wanted to check AoS novels on sale, but that'll have to wait haha

Why they only made 2500 Copies of the leather bound The End And The Death I just do not know. They could have easily sold triple that amount. It really does feel like GW leaves a lot of money on the table. 

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we won't see Grugni's Duardins

I'm not so sure. I personally would really like to see them and there has been so many hints that Grugni is up to something. On the one hand AoS has both Fyreslayers and Kharadron, which are two decent Duardin factions, but they are pretty small and could really do with some more unit option to flesh out their ranges. Does AoS really need 3 full Duardin factions? (Potentially 4 with the rumoured Chorfs on the horizon) I suppose it really depends on what the AoS studio aspires for in terms of faction count for AoS.

There's currently 24 AoS factions. They could just straight up add "Grugni's Duardin" "Malerion's Aelves" "Kragnos's Drogrukh" and "Chorfs" into the mix, bringing the total faction count to 28. 

Although I suspect that with ToW having traditional Dwarves. You might be right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Why they only made 2500 Copies of the leather bound The End And The Death I just do not know. They could have easily sold triple that amount. It really does feel like GW leaves a lot of money on the table. 

I'm not so sure. I personally would really like to see them and there has been so many hints that Grugni is up to something. On the one hand AoS has both Fyreslayers and Kharadron, which are two decent Duardin factions, but they are pretty small and could really do with some more unit option to flesh out their ranges. Does AoS really need 3 full Duardin factions? (Potentially 4 with the rumoured Chorfs on the horizon) I suppose it really depends on what the AoS studio aspires for in terms of faction count for AoS.

There's currently 24 AoS factions. They could just straight up add "Grugni's Duardin" "Malerion's Aelves" "Kragnos's Drogrukh" and "Chorfs" into the mix, bringing the total faction count to 28. 

Although I suspect that with ToW having traditional Dwarves. You might be right. 

Even better. Make it made to order. That way everyone that wants it could get it.

• Like 4