The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Brodd, you have a problem! Whenever there's an exciting talk about a faction that you already don't own you want to collect it! 😄

The dude needs an Order faction.

All good sense says he's gotta go Sylvaneth! 🌳🐜🦌

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

There are some problems that make those REs not be skavens:

-Skavens don't write in ordered lines. They write in runes and scratches. Can look like a nitpicky detail, but GW has kept it going even in newly painted plague monks

99120206021_PestelinPlagueMonks03.jpg.2f1b4bacfd79cfbf790421e3e554aa05.jpg

-Skavens aren't that much on putting rats into their art. I mean, they don't even have art as such, tho. And there's a bird on the other side.

-Skavens arms aren't that long and slim.

-There are souls coming out from one of the potions. Skavens aren't that much into the keeping-souls theme. orewise, why would they need to use souls when there are so many of your kind that is worth ****** and you can already throw to the enemy?

-Drawings of skulls that aren't very ratty

Of course, this is all nitpicky, and I can see these details being incorporated into the desing. I'm just pointing out the patterns GW likes the most to put on skaven miniatures, and why some details on the REs don't match up with those patterns.

Do the skulls on that banner not match the skull on the second RE bottle?

2 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Don’t all hobbyists have this problem 🧐 🤔 

I find it weird, honestly, because there are not that many armies I would buy if I had all the money and time.

I started with Stormcast. 14k points on sprue, as I was waiting to move house, and mainly because it was the closest to updated minis of CoS/ humans. Not long after I moved the CoS leaks started and I sold it (I even ended up earning money from that faction swap).

I thought CoS would be my only faction, but I really love the FEC lore and I bought it after seeing the new stunning models.  As a note, I only buy models made for AoS.

Those are the only factions that I feel I could feel tempted to purchase. There are a few that I feel closer to than others, but they are not that much. There's one of them spiking over the rest which is Gloom, then Stormcast (if the range wouldn't be so massive...), and then Nurgle, NH, OBR, and Kharadron which are in an OK status to me. So I doubt I would ever be tempted to buy anything outside of CoS and FEC.

My problem? When I collect something I need to have it all in all its possible assemblies, so that leads me to moves like buying a complete Silvertower game just to get the Excelsior Warpriest or purchasing more battlelines just because they can wear more head options or different weapons 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

And you still lack the best one... CoS... so sad...

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I find it weird, honestly, because there are not that many armies I would buy if I had all the money and time.

I started with Stormcast. 14k points on sprue, as I was waiting to move house, and mainly because it was the closest to updated minis of CoS/ humans. Not long after I moved the CoS leaks started and I sold it (I even ended up earning money from that faction swap).

I thought CoS would be my only faction, but I really love the FEC lore and I bought it after seeing the new stunning models.  As a note, I only buy models made for AoS.

Those are the only factions that I feel I could feel tempted to purchase. There are a few that I feel closer to than others, but they are not that much. There's one of them spiking over the rest which is Gloom, then Stormcast (if the range wouldn't be so massive...), and then Nurgle, NH, OBR, and Kharadron which are in an OK status to me. So I doubt I would ever be tempted to buy anything outside of CoS and FEC.

My problem? When I collect something I need to have it all in all its possible assemblies, so that leads me to moves like buying a complete Silvertower game just to get the Excelsior Warpriest or purchasing more battlelines just because they can wear more head options or different weapons 😅

I agree.

Im waiting on Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Malerions Aelves before going for an Order Faction.

Im buying the FEC Tome so that Death Faction is secured.

Chaos I have a small collection of Beasts and no doubt thatll expand upon their refresh.

Destruction. My beloved. My reason for being. My love. (Dont tell the my Wife)

I have 3 completed Mega Gargants, Kraken Eater, Gatebreaker and Warstomper and unless they update the Mancrusher* that is as far as Ill take the Sons.

Ogors are my true love of the setting. Im waiting on their refresh before purchasing anymore minis as Ill need to save to buy the entire new range no doubt.

*I could see the Mancrusher being the kit for 4.0 for the Sons. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just a random opinion :

If Khul gets a model at the end of Dawnbringers, I'd be happy, because I was lowkey expecting GW to give him a new model next year to celebrate the 10 years of AoS by giving him and Vandus, the two OG AoS heroes, new minis. But if we get it sooner, that's great too !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

So @KingBrodd doesn’t own king Brodd mini ?!

Nope. I will admit the model didnt do it for me. I was hoping for him to be unique, maybe even taller than the other builds.

Considering how 80% of the kit is the exact same as the others and he being THE character and centrepiece for the Faction I was dissapointed.

But at the end of the day the main reason is pricing. £130 for a single mini is so much money.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Nope. I will admit the model didnt do it for me. I was hoping for him to be unique, maybe even taller than the other builds.

Considering how 80% of the kit is the exact same as the others and he being THE character and centrepiece for the Faction I was dissapointed.

But at the end of the day the main reason is pricing. £130 for a single mini is so much money.

Have you considered 3D printing bits to take advantage of the Sprues leftovers? It would give some variety and it won't be that expensive. I think from one box you can make 3 mega gargants.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I also started with SCE, and played them since AOS was launched up until a year ago when I started a PTG nighthaunt  army, and this summer started a khorne daemon army.

But I also want DoT, HoS, IDK, and KO, and am partial to DoK, and the old Dark Elf range. I do also like the FEC bat riders and flirt with the idea of SBGL and OBR… and those masked LRL river dancers look great too 🤣

Now that @Whitefang back me uphas more credibility thanks to him predicting greenskins for TOW this month, I think its a good time to remember this rumour he brought up

8D0D1D73-7519-40DA-B777-1B9E3A74A4F8.jpeg.9dc2a1786a4d6f945cabfbcccce7d61a (2).jpeg

Doesnt totally contradict the rumours from Singapore, if someone wants to bring those up again.

Also, if anyone is waiting for camera potato to come back, I dont think its very likely to have one for the starter box. GW seems to have improve much their security since Angron got leaked. The dwarfs dices were already too much surprising to see so early on.

Edited by Garrac

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Now that @Whitefang back me uphas more credibility thanks to him predicting greenskins for TOW this month, I think its a good time to remember this rumour he brought up

8D0D1D73-7519-40DA-B777-1B9E3A74A4F8.jpeg.9dc2a1786a4d6f945cabfbcccce7d61a (2).jpeg

Doesnt totally contradict the rumours from Singapore, if someone wants to being those up again.

Also, if anyone is waiting for camera potato to come back, I dont think its very likely to have one for the starter box. GW seems to have improve much their security since Angron got leaked. The dwarfs dices were already too much surprising to see so early on.

That Dawnbreaker would always make me laugh. Also the rumour... Crusades failing. Would be a spoiler about BOTH crusades failing?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grunbag said:

So the current bonesplitterz models will be used in ToW for war paint upgrade ? Not sure I get what you mean 

They are an upgrade but It include the Big Stabba option so It implies that the rules are designed with the AoS kit in mind.

Forest goblins have the same issue. Spider riders, Giant spiders and arachnaroks are rided by common goblins.

That Dawnbreaker would always make me laugh. Also the rumour... Crusades failing. Would be a spoiler about BOTH crusades failing?

It'd be kinda funny if that's true because the start of the db narrative arc was that order/sigmar is on the back foot and sent the crusades to push back. It really is a shame once again that it has to be stormcast. Having malerion appear at the last second to bail out sigmar's forces and halt the skaventide would be way more interesting of a narrative hook. He'll have to wait though I suppose, not sure on the odds of a new dark aelf faction showing up in the same ed as chaos duardin getting their own army.

28 minutes ago, Luperci said:

He'll have to wait though I suppose, not sure on the odds of a new dark aelf faction showing up in the same ed as chaos duardin getting their own army.

2025 is a curious one. 40k 10th was in 2023 and 11th edtion wont be until 2026. AoS 4 is scheduled for 2024. There could be a new HH starter set as Age Of Darkness released in 2022, although I suspect they want HH (and ToW) to have longer cycles than 3 years. I wonder if we will see a new system, an updated one, or if they will go for significant releases for the current editions. (Which could mean multiple large scale releases for 40k, AoS, HH and ToW.)

I'd love to see AoS kick into high gear with the launch of 4th edition. Skaven, Beasts, Ogors, Chorfs, Malerion. Yes please. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Doesnt totally contradict the rumours from Singapore, if someone wants to bring those up again.

Didn't he say well see dwarves and o&g by the end of the month?

I also took it to mean they'll be released. It's not a big leap to guess GW would show something coming up on their launch day event. 

And didn't Whitefang laugh at the rumours? 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

I mean one is destined to succeed and one is destined to fail.  So maybe the great horned rat can finally feel like a chaos god and change destiny.  Because currently it feels like skaven was a "where do we put these guys on let's just make ghr a chaos god".

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Didn't he say well see dwarves and o&g by the end of the month?

I also took it to mean they'll be released. It's not a big leap to guess GW would show something coming up on their launch day event. 

And didn't Whitefang laugh at the rumours? 

I said "more credibility", not that he was all of the sudden a Warhammer preview.

The avatar of the Horned God thing seems like the thing that contradicts the Singapore rumours the most. I keep thinking that "New Verminlord" bit was refering to new variants for Moulder and Skyrre.

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree.

Im waiting on Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Malerions Aelves before going for an Order Faction.

Im buying the FEC Tome so that Death Faction is secured.

Chaos I have a small collection of Beasts and no doubt thatll expand upon their refresh.

Destruction. My beloved. My reason for being. My love. (Dont tell the my Wife)

I have 3 completed Mega Gargants, Kraken Eater, Gatebreaker and Warstomper and unless they update the Mancrusher* that is as far as Ill take the Sons.

Ogors are my true love of the setting. Im waiting on their refresh before purchasing anymore minis as Ill need to save to buy the entire new range no doubt.

*I could see the Mancrusher being the kit for 4.0 for the Sons. 

Come and stick with your true love and join the green side of destruction. We have lotsa bacon and shrooms.

• Like 2