The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Glutos said:

Perhaps you're right, I had figured DB4 would have been put on pre-order already, but what else would they be able to tease for AoS? it's to early for 4th

DB 5 or even 6, if we end up having them. The narrative end is supposed to have a big chunk of minis, if we based ourselves in Broken Realms.

Hello ! 
 I'm here to make a prediction about the LVO revelations
AoS:
2 renown regiment box to go with the one already announced with the vampire lady.
1 CoS with Callis and Toll and infantry 
1 Ossiarch with the morghast hero and some morghast/mortek

No info on Book 5 for me, as the Dawnbringers Chronicles are still on Book 4.

Warcry :
A box equivalent to the previous one with two teams lumineth and nighthaunt + one features 

Underworld:

Roadmap? One team?

40K :
Custodes and kroot heroes 

Kill team:
Mandrake ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

DB 5 or even 6, if we end up having them. The narrative end is supposed to have a big chunk of minis, if we based ourselves in Broken Realms.

They revealed BR: Kragnos before BR: Belakor was out, so they might reveal Dawnbringers 5 before we get the Dawnbringers 4.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Glutos said:

what are the chances for a chaos daemons update in the coming years? some of their models are pretty old

Khorgos Khul is supposed to ascend (or at leas the narrative seems to be pointing to that), so I see decent chances to get some new demons.

My take for Dawnbringers 5 is that we are getting new plastic marauders alongside the mounted ones and the big Varanguard lady. It literally makes 0 sense of doing a Darkoath range refresh and not upgrade the marauders, especially if you upgrade the marauder horsemen in it. And it doubly feels weird when you see the amount of money and effort GW has invested in the StD range recently, for them to stop before the finish line for what is one of the oldest plastic kit still in sale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I do hope there's more for us than just a Morghast character and a teaser of book 5. Seems very light tbf. Also, expecting to see Kroots more than Custodes and Orks.

There's been a rumour about plastic Mandrakes ?

Curious why you’re expecting Kroot before Custodes and Orks? I really want to see the Kroot, but Custodes and Orks are both before Tau on the roadmap, and I don’t see them showing 3 whole releases. If we get any Kroot I imagine it’ll just be one as a tease. 

2 hours ago, Glutos said:

what are the chances for a chaos daemons update in the coming years? some of their models are pretty old

If Daemons get new sculpts it will probably be here in AoS, rather than 40k, because they're more a fantasy army. But I feel like they'll try to squeeze as much time as possible from the current daemon models before they do resculpts. Maybe in 2025/2026 who knows. Lesser daemons are from the late 00s, they probably have a few more years in front of them.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

44 minutes ago, Glutos said:

Maybe the remaining Finecast models will be replaced...? There ain't a lot of them left. I'd love a plastic Viceleader... something a bit fancy! 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof

40 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

My take for Dawnbringers 5 is that we are getting new plastic marauders alongside the mounted ones and the big Varanguard lady. It literally makes 0 sense of doing a Darkoath range refresh and not upgrade the marauders, especially if you upgrade the marauder horsemen in it. And it doubly feels weird when you see the amount of money and effort GW has invested in the StD range recently, for them to stop before the finish line for what is one of the oldest plastic kit still in sale.

I really hope you are correct! With mounted and dismounted marauders StD will be in a very good place miniature wise and if they get an AoS4th edition battletome only a couple characters are needed (new manticore and an aption for a Chaos Lord on Chaos dragon with a new plastic set ofcourse).

After all those years of us raiding pet stores for aquarium ornaments to use as terrain pieces, GW decided to reverse the trend and start producing terrain pieces that will double up as aquarium ornaments.

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

After all those years of us raiding pet stores for aquarium ornaments to use as terrain pieces, GW decided to reverse the trend and start producing terrain pieces that will double up as aquarium ornaments.

Remember the first preview for Idoneth Deepkin that was literally a video of their Gloomtide Shipwreck being used as decoration for a goldfish bowl? 

• Like 3