The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm not overly 40k /30k fluent but there's been wispers of "prime-orks" even from the likes of Valrak and wasn't there some big war with them where initially orks were massive compared to current standards, like the one that damn near slayed the emperor? 

Perhaps this is were 30k goes?... Idk. 

Steeljaws Orks. 😄

That was a theory going around that the current 40k Orks are just toddlers compared to the War in Heaven versions so maybe a in-between?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, when I said that a possible "Followers of Hashut" army could be a mix of races, I wasnt only talking about dwarfs and greenskins.

Oh sure. Age of Chaos made 500 years worth of every race being desperate for a smith god.

If they wanted they could do Hashut Aelves, Ogors(lore-wise Grungni has some), Ogroids(they do love forging and made mastercrafts back in their Goroa empire days) and even unique races they pulled in.

Like there’s Slaanesh Duardin now that craft flesh golem servants & workers for Hedonite masters. Nothing’s off the table for what Chaos gained from dominion over the infinite realms.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

My rough estimation is that „most of the chaos dwarfs players” means 6 or 7 individuals worldwide. GW can really get creative here.

Really? To me it seems a pretty popular faction. The demand has been always there.

14 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Like there’s Slaanesh Duardin now that craft flesh golem servants & workers for Hedonite masters. Nothing’s off the table for what Chaos gained from dominion over the infinite realms.

That sounds like a terribly easy win for the Drukhari‘s legal team. 

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

How likely is it that Chaos Dwarves will just follow the standard release pattern of

Launch Box
1-2 Heroes
1 Battleline
1 Cavalry/Other Unit

Release
1 Centerpiece
2-3 Additional Heroes
1 Other Battleline
1 Other unit

If it looks like this what do you think the Chaos Duradin would get? I would love to see the return of the Fire Elementals but the Lammasu and Bull cavalry seem more likely right? 

Honestly, I reckon it's just an extension of slaves to darkness. Adding cannons and warmachines. 

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

I've also had similar thoughts, but I am also conflicted because the ungulate look has been part of their identity for so long. And we've already had god-specific beastmen models, so suddenly dropping them for something completely new would probably feel a bit off.

I don't know; maybe keep the ungulate beastmen and introduce the other animal beastmen as a result of some new large chaos-related event and break them up into categories.

I feel like that would be the primary atavistic base that the majority (though not all) would deviate. I assume each unit would have a few goat horns, and cloven hooves. But they'd be interspersed with additional forms of bestial creatures.

In other words the Gors would have been the dominate order of Beasts, but not the sole order. They'd still take the place of basic infantry incorporating some slightly more exotic humanoid shaped beasts into their ranks. But with the faction writ large placing further importance on the less human aspects of the current range.
99810299001_MoCCockatrice01.jpg?fm=webp&
99120201077_WarhoundsofChaos01.jpg?fm=we
99810216003_BoCJabberslythe01.jpg?fm=web
I really think in the setting of AOS they could truly make these sorts of sculpts feel unique and terrifying. Giving a sense of uncanny dread when contrasted with Kurnothi, Melussai or Seraphon. 

Of course my wish listing and internal logic will sadly not will the faction into existence. I lack the Baudrillardian superpowers of @KingBrodd and @Public Universal Duardin to manifest my Warhammer desires into reality.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Really? To me it seems a pretty popular faction. The demand has been always there.

One kinda interesting thing I can add is that in BG3, only around 3% of players played dwarves IIRC. Elves were first before humans and half-elves, those three made up the majority of player races. Doesn‘t have to mean much but perhaps dwarves aren‘t as popular as one might think. We got no dwarf player either in our group although half of them love dwarves. Were Votanns a success? I figure that races that weren‘t playable for a long time do have a big bonus with people… at least if they keep true to their online word. 

edit: that sounds waaay more negative than I wanted - I‘m quite optimistic regard CD… if they manage to make the minis compelling that is. If they pull another FS, then nope. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Sad 1

I was preparing a previews list as I am always wondering when is the next one, and got this from the last year:

January - Las Vegas Open (27/1/2023 | 18/1/2024)

February -

March - Warhammer World Open Day (4/3/2023) & Adepticon (22/3/2023)

April - Warhammer Fest (24/4/2023)

May -

June -

July - Not Warhammer 40,000 Preview (1/7/2023) & Battle for Oghram Preview (15/7/2023)

August - Nova Open (31/8/2023)

September -

October - Warhammer Day (14/10/2023)

November - World Championships of Warhammer (18/11/2023)

December - The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023)

Did I miss any preview?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, cyrus said:
Since Dawnbringers book 4 is not in preorder next Saturday, should we expect tomorrow either the reveal of Morghast hero or Nighthaunt hero ? 

2023-08-29.jpg
2023-12-23.png

My bet is the Morghast. I leave that NH for the rumoured warband box.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Who doesn't is the real question

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.2ca89f6c8765b11c2bbf5a4fa9a8ca4d.png

Does this look horrible? A cogfort doesn't have to be too far from something like that.

No, I really don't like it. There is so much stuff that they can add to CoS, That I would be amazed if GW would spend resources for such a huge kit that a gogfort plastic set would be. In game it would be crazy expensive, probably useless as AoS is an objective based game. It would be a gimick.

40 minutes ago, MitGas said:

One kinda interesting thing I can add is that in BG3, only around 3% of players played dwarves IIRC. Elves were first before humans and half-elves, those three made up the majority of player races. Doesn‘t have to mean much but perhaps dwarves aren‘t as popular as one might think. We got no dwarf player either in our group although half of them love dwarves. Were Votanns a success? I figure that races that weren‘t playable for a long time do have a big bonus with people… at least if they keep true to their online word. 

edit: that sounds waaay more negative than I wanted - I‘m quite optimistic regard CD… if they manage to make the minis compelling that is. If they pull another FS, then nope. 

I like dwarves, they are an essential part of a fantasy setting and I do think Chaos dwarfs would add something to AoS. But they will not win the GW sales contest :).

I don't expect it to be a huge release at all, which it needs to be to make a playable army. Otherwise it's the same story as Fyreslayers. I.e the last completly new army were Kruleboyz and they share a battletome with all the other Orruks.

If we get with Dawnbringers the Darkoath horsemen, than it seems more likely that CD will feature in the AoS 4th StD battletome with a couple of units. I am ofcourse guessing, but it's not that Kruleboyz have their own battletome and huge range of mini's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

No, I really don't like it. There is so much stuff that they can add to CoS, That I would be amazed if GW would spend resources for such a huge kit that a gogfort plastic set would be. In game it would be crazy expensive, probably useless as AoS is an objective based game. It would be a gimick.

I like dwarves, they are an essential part of a fantasy setting and I do think Chaos dwarfs would add something to AoS. But they will not win the GW sales contest :).

I don't expect it to be a huge release at all, which it needs to be to make a playable army. Otherwise it's the same story as Fyreslayers. I.e the last completly new army were Kruleboyz and they share a battletome with all the other Orruks.

If we get with Dawnbringers the Darkoath horsemen, than it seems more likely that CD will feature in the AoS 4th StD battletome with a couple of units. I am ofcourse guessing, but it's not that Kruleboyz have their own battletome and huge range of mini's.

there is a distinction between having your own battletome and being an individual faction, Kruleboyz are their own army as are Ironjawz. I don't see a situation where followers of hashut are just more cult units for the S2D army list.

• Like 1

I don’t expect the new Chaos Dwarves to resemble the old ones. Again, looking at all the new stuff based upon old stuff they usually go in a different direction. In theory a dwarf can follow or be corrupted by chaos and could be into a million different things while still having a few call back strings. 

Sylvaneth is an example of this. They are wood elf’s without being wood elf’s. 

I also think the game can only handle so many armies. Chaos already has a decent sized roster. I’m in the same boat as some others have recommended that in some way, ideas from beasts of chaos might be mixed with ideas from chaos dwarves. While many will say their old lore would never matchup. GW can basically write it anyway they want. 

I for one think it would be amazing to have evil dwarfs taming/enslaving jabberslythes and bull/goat and whatever the hell you can come up with to help them conquer territory. 

11 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I for one think it would be amazing to have evil dwarfs taming/enslaving jabberslythes and bull/goat and whatever the hell you can come up with to help them conquer territory. 

That could be an interesting idea. Actively twisting whatever realm they’re in to be a darker aspect like that of the chaos realm(and unchecked capitalism parallels yada yada)

Corrupt & enslave the beasts of Ghur, grind the ghosts & undead of Shyish into soul-fuel, warp the mercurial lands of Chamon into sulfur smog-choked polluted hell-holes from alchemy weapon factories, Aqshy made into deadly forge continents like those of Eight-Points, etc.

Just being bad news and insufferable neighbors to even other forces of chaos who they don’t mind enslaving for workers & daemons bound into machines.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

That could be an interesting idea. Actively twisting whatever realm they’re in to be a darker aspect like that of the chaos realm(and unchecked capitalism parallels yada yada)

Corrupt & enslave the beasts of Ghur, grind the ghosts & undead of Shyish into soul-fuel, warp the mercurial lands of Chamon into sulfur smog-choked polluted hell-holes from alchemy weapon factories, Aqshy made into deadly forge continents like those of Eight-Points, etc.

Just being bad news and even insufferable neighbors to even other forces of chaos.

If they could do that, they could be the biggest threat to the Mortal Realms ever!

6 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I don’t expect the new Chaos Dwarves to resemble the old ones. Again, looking at all the new stuff based upon old stuff they usually go in a different direction. In theory a dwarf can follow or be corrupted by chaos and could be into a million different things while still having a few call back strings. 

I think it'd be weird for them to change up the look overmuch, since the dawi zharr have a pretty distinct - and unique in fantasy - look in my opinion. Particulary when compared to many of the other WFB factions. It seemed like an odd choice to me that it's taken this long for them to be released.

But I agree, they have a lot of leeway with their design. I'd love to see what they do with it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If they could do that, they could be the biggest threat to the Mortal Realms ever!

Yeah, could be kept in check by their sheer ambitions causing them to self-destruct by being too greedy and over reaching when they rely on other forces(like the Horns of Hashut) to set up their operations.

Akin to Skaven being their own worst enemies and another good parallel to that Grombrindal quote when he said Skaven were the duardin’s worst traits given form like a foul mirror.