The Rumour Thread

How are you not "being allowed" to play a game they are providing rules for day one of the ToW and are currently supported in AoS? Are you no longer "Allowed" to use an Iphone 10 because Apple release a new Iphone? 

21 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Fingers crossed for a fancy new wyvern kit like the TK necrolith when O&G + dwarfs launch

They don't seem to do finecast mini's  for TOW. They get the metal treatment now. Hopefully there will be a resculpt of this one. It's not such a big time jump to include Ahzag the Slaughter. Anyway a mini like this in plastic. Yes, please :). If not, I will settle for this one in metal. :) 

image.png.d3af60171d22c70e46eddcab79a1ac29.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

How are you not "being allowed" to play a game they are providing rules for day one of the ToW and are currently supported in AoS? Are you no longer "Allowed" to use an Iphone 10 because Apple release a new Iphone? 

It works both ways you know. If TOW players have all the rules for beastmen and can buy the models on the webstore it's all good, right? There's no need to "make available" models that are already available to them.

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

They don't seem to do finecast mini's  for TOW. They get the metal treatment now. Hopefully there will be a resculpt of this one. It's not such a big time jump to include Ahzag the Slaughter. Anyway a mini like this in plastic. Yes, please :). If not, I will settle for this one in metal. :) 

image.png.d3af60171d22c70e46eddcab79a1ac29.png

I'm pretty sure it is a big time jump to include Azhag given that Azhag, IIRC, was actually around when Karl Franz had just became Emperor. 

It feels like many on this thread are not familiar with the BoC miniature range.... at all. Take a moment and go to the AoS BoC section of Warhammer.com

Beastlord (With Ripper Axes) - Out Of Stock

Shaggoth - Out Of Stock

Dragon Ogres - Out Of Stock

Gors - Out Of Stock

Doombull, Cockatrice, Centigors, Tuskgor Chariot, Jabberslythe, Ghorgon, Bullgors, Warhounds, Bestigors, Ungors, Gargant - All ONLINE ONLY. 

(Also all those aformentioned models are from Fantasy btw

The only properly stocked items are the Vanguard box, New Beastlord, Spawn and the Tzaangor range. That's it. Everything else has been left to run dry. My bet is an AoS 4 "Index" of existing units to be replaced by either a completely new AoS Beasts faction compremised of God-Specific beasts (Like the Tzaangors) and for the existing range of old models to reappear in an ToW BoC Faction box. Simples. 

In the same way as the High Elf and Empire kits are. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2

Just now, Hollow said:

It feels like many on this thread are not familiar with the BoC miniature range.... at all. Take a moment and go to the AoD BoC section of Warhammer.com

Beastlord (With Ripper Axes) - Out Of Stock

Shaggoth - Out Of Stock

Dragon Ogres - Out Of Stock

Gors - Out Of Stock

Doombull, Cockatrice, Centigors, Tuskgor Chariot, Jabberslythe, Ghorgon, Bullgors, Warhounds, Bestigors, Ungors Gargant - All ONLINE ONLY. 

The only properly stocked items are the Vanguard box, New Beastlord, Spawn and the Tzaangor range. That's it. Everything else has been left to run dry. My bet is an AoS 4 "Index" of existing units to be replaced by either a completely new AoS Beasts faction compremised of God-Specific beasts (Like the Tzaangors) and for the existing range of old models to reappear in an ToW BoC Faction box. Simples. 

Bro, everything has been constantly out of stock for every army for the last couple of years. The average time lag between me deciding I want to buy a model that wasn't just released and me actually being to buy it because it's finally back in stock is 3-6 months if I'm lucky and I'm not talking about Beastmen. There are several models for popular factions that haven't been in stock since they got their last battletome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

My bet is an AoS 4 "Index" of existing units to be replaced by either a completely new AoS Beasts faction compremised of God-Specific beasts (Like the Tzaangors

So why is the Beasts of Chaos' entire lore about how they are most dedicated to Chaos Undivided, worshipping either Chaos itself as a primordial force or unaligned Chaos entities like Morghur and the Gorfather, and how they canonically shun and hate the god-marked Gor breeds?

Tzaangors and Slaangors were made to be Tzeentch and Slaanesh units first and just slotted into the Beasts of Chaos army. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmac said:

It works both ways you know. If TOW players have all the rules for beastmen and can buy the models on the webstore it's all good, right? There's no need to "make available" models that are already available to them.

The problem would be price wise I think. I.e Tomb Guard is 20 for 62,5 euro, but 10 Bestigors cost 42,5 euro. They could repackage them for TOW with 30mm squares instead of the 32mm round / 25mm square as it is now and add 20 Bestigors for 62,5 euro in line with the Tomb Guard. But I assume that this will happen when the Arcane journal is released for Beastmen Brayherds.

TOW doesn't seem to sell mini's per 10. Even the new dismounted knights are per 20. 

Just now, madmac said:

Bro, everything has been constantly out of stock for every army for the last couple of years. The average time lag between me deciding I want to buy a model that wasn't just released and me actually being to buy it because it's finally back in stock is 3-6 months if I'm lucky and I'm not talking about Beastmen. There are several models for popular factions that haven't been in stock since they got their last battletome.

Dude... it's the entire range! Seems clear as day to me what is happening. 

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'm pretty sure it is a big time jump to include Azhag given that Azhag, IIRC, was actually around when Karl Franz had just became Emperor. 

True. I thought it was only a 200-300 years between the Waaaagh of Azhag and TOW. So I guessed it would not be so unrealistic when the O&G Arcane Journal is released. Anyway, still hoping for a plastic Wyvern :).

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

7 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Dude... it's the entire range! Seems clear as day to me what is happening. 

Everything is online only except the battletome, Vanguard, new Beastlord and the stuff that is shared with DoT or StD. Are there other AoS factions were so much of an army is online only?

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

Bro, everything has been constantly out of stock for every army for the last couple of years.

This just isn't true though. Most of the AoS ranges have a handful of out of stock items. Just clicking through the different factions you can see this. 

3 hours ago, Someravella said:

From The Honest Wargamer today's stream:

- Snarlfang riders were intended for TOW  but ended up in AoS somehow.

- BoC are very likely to be removed from AoS at some point.

lol lmao

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tonhel said:

Everything is online only except the battletome, Vanguard, new Beastlord. All the rest is shared with DoT or StD. Are there other AoS factions were so much of an army is online only?

Beasts of Chaos have always been mostly online only outside the Start Collecting and Vanguard boxes. Gors, Bullgors, and chaos hounds were reboxed for retail as I recall. Most of their models never were, and obviously the finecast models are right out.

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

Beasts of Chaos have always been mostly online only outside the Start Collecting and Vanguard boxes. Gors, Bullgors, and chaos hounds were reboxed for retail as I recall. Most of their models never were, and obviously the finecast models are right out.

I suppose that means nothing then... 🙄

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Good point. This is the current list for O&G for TOW. So there is certainly a huge overlap. The difference with BOC is that Gloomspite got some nice updates through AoS. BoC very limited, Endless spells, terrain piece and a Beastlord. We will see. Hopefully Whitefang can share his thoughts about the BoC rumour. 

Hide contents

Black Orc Bosses 30 x 30mm
Orc Bosses 30 x 30mm
Orc Shamans 30 x 30mm
Goblin Bosses 25 x 25mm (All goblins are the best thing ever)
Goblin Shamans 25 x 25mm
Night Goblin Bosses 25 x 25mm
Night Goblin Shamans 25 x 25mm
Black Orc Mobs 30 x 30mm
Orc Mobs 30 x 30mm
Goblin Mobs 25 x 25mm
Nasty Skulkers 25 x 25mm
Night Goblin Mobs 25 x 25mm
Fanatics 25mm round base
Night Goblin Squig Herds 25 x 25mm
Troll Mobs 40 x 40mm
Orc Boar Boy Mobs 30 x 60mm
Goblin Spider Rider Mobs 25 x 50mm
Goblin Wolf Rider Mobs 25 x 50mm
Night Goblin Squig Hopper Mobs 25 x 25mm
Orc Boar Chariots 50 x 100mm
Goblin Wolf Chariots 50 x 100mm if two wolves 60mm x 100mm if three wolves
Snotling Pump Wagons 50 x 75mm
Wyverns 50 x 100mm
Arachnarok Spider 100 x 150mm
Mangler Squigs 50 x 75mm
Giants 50 x 50mm or 50 x 75mm
Goblin Bolt Throwas 50 x 50mm Crew - 25 x 25mm
Doom Diver Catapults 50 x 75mm Crew - 25 x 25mm
Goblin Rock Lobbers 60mm x 10mm Crew - 25 x 25mm
Orc Bullies 30 x 30mm

No Bonesplitterz in this list at all. This does give me a little bit of hope for a future in AoS.

The lack of Spiderfang updates still makes me sad.

Edited by Gitzdee

7 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I suppose that means nothing then... 🙄

I'm getting increasingly tired explaining the entire history of the BoC range to someone who only just glanced at it for the first time today. About half the OG BoC range is resin. Out of the handful of plastic kits they have the SC or Vanguard box covers most of what you need. In recent years they've had maybe 2-3 kits go to online only which is completely in line with many other armies, LRL for example had half their range switch to online only in 3E and those are far more recent kits than BoC.

A ton of ranges have most of their heroes online only, plus all faction terrain and endless spells. It's very normal for large parts of ranges to be online only, they wouldn't be able to fit every model in stores.

• Like 1

bar around 3 kits, ogors are all online only and have quite a few out of stock. Skaven similarly but not to the same degree, we're just looking at the ranges still waiting on a refresh. Other ranges that have had a refresh haven't drastically changed though, look at seraphon.

Edited by Luperci

3 hours ago, mawhis117 said:

My theory there is that when GW removes one of the old WHFB lines it's because they're about to replace them with something similar;

Wood Elves/Wanderers go, and we're hearing rumours about Kurnothi

Phoenix Temple go, but I can easily see similar units coming back if/when Tyrion shows up (Lyrior Uthralle, who speaks for Tyrion, is known as the Voice of the Lord Phoenix). 

There are suggestions in the lore that Morghur may be coming back, with the lore around the Witherdwell, and Ghorraghan Khai running around, so Beast of Chaos going, to be replaced by Children of Morghur or something would make more sense than just straight up removing them from the setting.

Could just be copium, but there you go

The only way I could see them squatting the faction (which is possible) and maintaining the beastmen presence in the lore (which I hope) is to maybe send all of the models down to ToW and do a re-release of the different typed of GORS for the primary chaos factions. A large presence of BoC in books and lore, consistently has them attached as vanguard forces in larger chaos armies. So move the majority of the line down, and then we could see them reintroduced in AOS as follows. 

S2D = Bestigors Reimagined

Nurgle = Pestigors new release

Slannesh = Slaangor Reimagined

Khorn = Khorngors new release

Tzeentch = Tzaangors updated

Then you could look at creating unique looks for each of these different versions (I saw a TW3 mod that make Khorngors have more lion/wolf like heads kind of what we saw on the khorn head on the new demon prince model). Then you can create leaders for each of these groups. It gives the chaos forces the ability to present units of mortals, demons, and beasts to create even more variety in their army lists. Especially if you treat the groups as regiments of renown within the factions. 

• Like 2

It appears that people are imagining Beasts being repurposed to fill a similar niche as Daemons as a part of each Chaos Army but not to function as a standalone faction. As much as I don't hate the idea I would be really sad to see the true children of chaos regulated to a sub-faction.

But you all know I enjoy a nice hardy soup. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

There have been rumours that Beasts of Chaos were going to get squatted since 1st edition. 

Let's look at the reasons why or why not beasts of chaos may stop being a dedicated faction. 

Reasons for squatting:

They are an old faction with a large number of old world kits and many resin kits remaining. 

The introduction of ToW allows gw to port all the kits straight over to the other setting. 

Gw might want to reduce the number of books they produce in order to make way for brand new factions. 

Some kits that looked ideal for BoC have gone into other factions. 

Reasons for keeping:

They are a popular faction that has always seen play despite the lack of new kits. Even when the rules weren't good they saw more play in tournaments than the likes of Fyreslayers. 

BoC had to be in the old world. There's no way to write them out of the setting in the way they did with Skaven. In the lore they are everywhere. Like daemons there is no lore reason why they would look different in the two settings.

Having a faction doing double duty in two settings with different bases is hardly unique (deamons of chaos) . 

Although BoC hasn't had many additions to the core range, the concept clearly interests the studio. We've had Tzaangor and Slaangor added to the range. We've even had a 40k beasts of chaos warband. 

In order of squatting/moving/ completely reworking likelihood l'd order it like this. 

1 bonesplittas (the least popular army in the game)

2 spider fang 

3 dispossessed (unlike with BoC it would be weird to have kits with exactly the same design in both settings)

4 chaos Duardin again (I just don't think a new chaos Duardin army would be nearly as popular as Beasts of Chaos with a FeC style update) 

5 beasts of chaos. 

If I was GW I'd allow the ogroid and the warcry monsters to go in the BoC army and drop the bullgors, the doombull I'd make a new shaggoth as a centrepiece, redo the bestigors, the centigors, add pestigors, khornegors and a couple of new monsters to replace the old ones. A couple of foot heroes would round out a FeC sized update. 

As the for Honest Wargamer rumour he's wrong as often as he's right and also likes to mess with people so you really can't take his rumours seriously. 

• Like 1

Beastmen = TOW

Beast of Chaos = AOS

There’s an important difference there. BOC doesn’t mean there HAS to be beastmen. While certain elements have been written in AOS lore, it’s not impossible to switch things up a bit. Also keep in mind the rumor does say “likely will be cut at some point” extremely vague and wishlisty.

The oggroids seem to be the AOS spin of “beastmen” style creatures. I could see them being expanded upon considering they like to build from existing designs for new models. 

From my perspective GW cares a lot about the aesthetic look of models on a table. When you look at a game of AOS as an outsider its unique in terms of creativity, model design and quality of sculpts. Especially, when 3D printing is rampant. They have to raise the level to force consumers to buy their product over a cheaper competitor. They do not want those older lower quality models on display for potential customers to see. Hence why 3.0 was all about cleaning up existing Old World models. 

If I was a betting man. And I unfortunately am….. I’m guessing the current line will go to TOW. Maybe fully at 4.0 launch. However, at some point we will see a new Chaos beast type faction. I could even see if somehow meshing with chaos dwarves with the shaggoths and whatnot. 

12 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Beastmen = TOW

Beast of Chaos = AOS

There’s an important difference there. BOC doesn’t mean there HAS to be beastmen.

Beasts of Chaos was literally what the faction was called when it was first split off the general Chaos army back in Warhammer Fantasy 6th edition. Its like arguing that Imperial Guard and Astra Militarum are two seperate factions. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chikout said:

In order of squatting/moving/ completely reworking likelihood l'd order it like this. 

1 bonesplittas (the least popular army in the game)

I've been hearing Bonespliitaz are being squatted and move to TOW all of 2023, but now the rumored O&G lists come out and not a single savage orc is listed... so can we please stop with the Bonesplitterz are being squated. I see Bonesplitterz lists in every tournament, and they were at the top of the meta in the spring of 2023. They were mentioned multiple times in the new Cities of Sigmar book. If the TOW O&G list is accurate and there's not a single savage orc in the Raveging Hordes book can we please stop saying that BS will be squatted and maybe start talking about a refresh instead....

Sincerely,

A huge Bonesplitterz fan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1