The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Liberators don't have soft gloves, even in the video game redesign and I wouldn't expect them to.

It is a full copy of a Vigilor. Somaybe it is a new warband or Thunderstrike Judicators follow the same aesthetic? If it is the latest it would be a bit dissapointed and too repetitive. So I think another stormcasts warband or some sort of vehicle that carries a Vigilor.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is a full copy of a Vigilor. Somaybe it is a new warband or Thunderstrike Judicators follow the same aesthetic? If it is the latest it would be a bit dissapointed and too repetitive. So I think another stormcasts warband or some sort of vehicle that carries a Vigilor.

Right, Thunderstrike Judicators that look like Vigilors would be a pointless update, so it's almost certainly not that. Even a new warband is kinda sketchy tbh, SC have gotten two warbands already this year and after the launch of 4th I expect any additional warbands will be based on 4th, not finally getting a 2nd warband vigilor after three years. I think it almost has to be a hero, and even then...we already have the Knight-Judicator.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

Right, Thunderstrike Judicators that look like Vigilors would be a pointless update, so it's almost certainly not that. Even a new warband is kinda sketchy tbh, SC have gotten two warbands already this year and after the launch of 4th I expect any additional warbands will be based on 4th, not finally getting a 2nd warband vigilor after three years. I think it almost has to be a hero, and even then...we already have the Knight-Judicator.

Maybe a slain stormcast on the base of the lady of ruin?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Why not just a Knight-Vigilor? 

Possible, but still raises the question of why now? I don't think anything they are showing now is for the 4E launch box and Dawnbringers has already given SC Ionus and the Blacktalons, I don't see some random generic foot hero showing up for Book 4 or 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Possible, but still raises the question of why now? I don't think anything they are showing now is for the 4E launch box and Dawnbringers has already given SC Ionus and the Blacktalons, I don't see some random generic foot hero showing up for Book 4 or 5.

Yeah, no idea.

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

Warcry and Underworlds are still a reality for the next months

5 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That's not going to go over well with a certain very vocal part of that fanbase, lmao

We can only hope. The further way those people are from the hobby the better. Thankfully, they're mostly a vocal minority who has nothing better to do than to stir things up.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That's not going to go over well with a certain very vocal part of that fanbase, lmao

These people are practically non-existant in the actual hobby sphere of Warhammer and the wargaming community at large. They are just culture war morons who exist mainly on social media and they are just looking for a reason to write something along the lines of ´New thing bad, Old thing good'.

Just don't give them any attention and let them leave their brains to rot in the comment sections of whatever their favored outrage merchant told them to be angry about this week.

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Highly agree, AoS also still has a few sticking around. I saw a surprising number of people being anti-female Duardin models as well.

And I can understand why. Changes are complicate to digest, specially when they are changing something stablished for 40 years. Luckily the team is doing an awesome job with the female models, so that helps to settle down their rage in some cases.

10 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I am going to discard every suggestion of new Cities models, outside BL characters, for a while.

I would not discard that a new Warhammer Quest is coming.

Would love another Quest game, hopefully with a good spread of playable races. Always nice to represent your chosen faction! Cursed City had some wonderful models so I hope whatever comes next is of a similar standard. Valrak had thought a Spacehulk styled game.. they could bring in the boarding action terrain for that. 

And yes @JackStreicher.. that is a wonderful Vamp model..😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

And I can understand why. Changes are complicate to digest, specially when they are changing something stablished for 40 years. Luckily the team is doing an awesome job with the female models, so that helps to settle down their rage in some cases.

Kharadron and Fyreslayers have not been established for 40 years though, are entirely new , and their lore has always included female Duardin. It's the same level of silliness as getting angry over female Stormcast models, which I definitely saw quite a bit of too back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm peanut buttá jealous!!! My chosen alliance has one, ONE, lovely lady in our breathtaking Trogg Hag and you can't even get her anymore! 

I'd love some bbw ogors thrown in the range come refresh time annnnnd a new mirebrute hag character/generic kit for Kruleboyz. 😁🤞

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Would love another Quest game, hopefully with a good spread of playable races. Always nice to represent your chosen faction! Cursed City had some wonderful models so I hope whatever comes next is of a similar standard. Valrak had thought a Spacehulk styled game.. they could bring in the boarding action terrain for that. 

And yes @JackStreicher.. that is a wonderful Vamp model..😁

Blackstone Fortress in 2018

Cursed City in 2020...I suppose we should actually be due a new Quest Game sometime soon.

• Like 3