The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

And the Lady of Ruin is either Khornate or Nurgle? That’s the consensus right?

As far as I'm concerned, if she's Archaon's herald, then she's part of Undivided Chaos. But perhaps I've missed some of the rumours and innuendo of our Great Oracle...

• Like 4

It could be a new chaos dragon too… then again, chaos dragons should be tzeentchian as the lore (and law!) dictates. ****** you inferior chaos hoodlums! 

edit: with some even mild words like  a certain thing to build furniture getting censored, my post sounds more aggressive than it should. Obviously the message remains, I just don‘t wanna boost Khorne. So yeah, push off, you second-rate chaos clowns! Tzeentch is the best, weeee!

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have found a way to make the new vampire character even more closely tied to LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! by placing a mask from the old Tomb Guard kit on top of the face. Naturally, this will require waiting for TOW, as I cannot find the old Tomb Guard kit for a decent price, or the bits on eBay..... NEVERTHELESS I SHALL WAIT FOR THE OLD WORLD WITH AN EVEN GREATER INTENSITY!!!!pqS0eIZmrp5YLtxT.jpg.99b700313ea76707022b03902c57e076.jpgtomb_guard_cover.jpg.15381d1a2aa917d73c279d31cadcdbab.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Seriously if nothing else this model could be used for the base of a really cool Slaaneshi Sorcerer/Chaos Lord conversion. 

Yeah I do think it's a great design too and it makes me sort of wish Neferata would have a redesign on a similar note... Her current End Times model still holds well after 10 years but I wouldn't be opposed to a new Neferata model of this standard, especially if it's a dedicated kit where she doesn't have to share the spotlight with Mannfred or Arkhan. But it's probably not something that'll happen soon.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have found a way to make the new vampire character even more closely tied to LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! by placing a mask from the old Tomb Guard kit on top of the face. Naturally, this will require waiting for TOW, as I cannot find the old Tomb Guard kit for a decent price, or the bits on eBay..... NEVERTHELESS I SHALL WAIT FOR THE OLD WORLD WITH AN EVEN GREATER INTENSITY!!!!

Neat idea, though it probably won't be to scale (but there is always 3d printing).
image.png.9994903557959115e503d36c5bbd8dd6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I prefer this one over all the other Vyrkos vampires. 

Same — I can’t stop staring at it and am already planning an army around her haha!

I’ve always loved representations of vampires that capture their undead-ness; vampires who more closely resemble the bloodthirsty corpses of old folklore, as opposed to vampires who just look like beautiful humans or even elves in some representations. (And the less said about sparkly teen vamps, the better.)

Her stance, her expression and the way they have painted her (skin tone, face, eyes, pitted armour as if ages old) all call this out, for me at least. She looks quite like a cold, reanimated corpse, which ticks all my boxes. It’s probably why the Necrarchs are historically my favourite bloodline — they epitomise this stuff. But there’s something equally monstrous about the Lahmians when they’re looked at this way; the gifts of their blood are so much more frightening when they’re less a result of natural beauty and more a manifestation of their dark, preternatural will.

A Lahmian might have been a beautiful woman (or very occasionally, man) when she was turned, but she’s become a soulless blood drinker all the same, blue-skinned, cold to the touch, and quite feral in her bottomless hunger. The way I like to see it, it’s the peculiarities of her bloodline that make her so supernaturally beguiling, irrationally attractive, able to literally command a man or woman to strike down their neighbour in the heat of battle or follow their new mistress from the field into servitude… 

I am going to build a Lahmian-themed army from the back of the 6th edition book (the appendix lists) around her and I can’t wait!!!

ps. I love snakes haha 

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have found a way to make the new vampire character even more closely tied to LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! by placing a mask from the old Tomb Guard kit on top of the face. Naturally, this will require waiting for TOW, as I cannot find the old Tomb Guard kit for a decent price, or the bits on eBay..... NEVERTHELESS I SHALL WAIT FOR THE OLD WORLD WITH AN EVEN GREATER INTENSITY!!!!pqS0eIZmrp5YLtxT.jpg.99b700313ea76707022b03902c57e076.jpgtomb_guard_cover.jpg.15381d1a2aa917d73c279d31cadcdbab.jpg

It is also refreshing to see a non-stereotypical vampire. She really got that corpse-like, Necrach, appearance. I am not saying all AoS vampires are boring but the majority of them looks pretty much how you expect vampires to look in fantasy. To see something with a definite connection to Nehekhara is a breath of fresh air. With the arrival of more TK bits being readily available I can finally revive a personal project I've been wanting to do.

TOW is going to be a really useful for inspiration even if not interested in the game itself. For CoS players the new bret line is going to be perfect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

Or just spare yourself the effort and run her as Marylin Manson, then the face isn‘t too far off! 🤔