The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think aos just have one release and half until 4th edition (dw4 and dw5), so I don’t expect any focus on this gane for the advent calendar unless it's skaver or stormcast

Dawnbringers 5 hasn't even been confirmed yet has it? I would be shocked if AoS just coasted from FeC to 4th though, We'll probably get a big release at some point in that period, either an expansion, update, or new army, we usually get something in mid-late spring too.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think aos just have one release and half until 4th edition (dw4 and dw5), so I don’t expect any focus on this gane for the advent calendar unless it's skaver or stormcast

That may be the case, but there is nothing to say that these books won't come with significant content if true. For all we know book 5 might come with as much or more than book 2, for example. And we still have no idea what is coming with book 4 in terms of new units/heroes either.

THat or we may just get a large refresh or even a new army in that time, who knows, but there does tend to be a large release in the months leading up to an edition change.

2 hours ago, Someravella said:

Are all the clues for a single model or unit that will be revealed on Christmas or they are simply 24 RE concatenated?

Last time they did an advent engine, it was for a battlebox (the 40k eldar vs chaos one) - I imagine it would be like that again

Also last time, it was a springtime battlebox as opposed to a summer release, so I imagine it would be before AoS4. Whether it's a 40k battlebox again (I could see those feathers being for a kroot pech'ra) or an AoS army box for a new faction, who can say

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Last time they did an advent engine, it was for a battlebox (the 40k eldar vs chaos one) - I imagine it would be like that again

Also last time, it was a springtime battlebox as opposed to a summer release, so I imagine it would be before AoS4. Whether it's a 40k battlebox again (I could see those feathers being for a kroot pech'ra) or an AoS army box for a new faction, who can say

Another 40k battlebox would make lot of sense. Yeah.

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So they still do battle odes? What was the last one? 

I think the army boxes have taken over now. 

Wrath of the Soul Forge King, which was in March...?

To be fair in the time between then and now it was the new edition launch, so not too surprising we haven't seen another Versus Box.

• Like 1