The Rumour Thread

Ushoran's madness should make him inherently unreliable.  I'd like for him to be the leader of both nagashi and anti-nagashi ghouls, depending on what side of the bed he's waking up on today.

On his most lucid days he'd know both he and nagash were monsters, but be unable to resist Nagash's control.  On a more deluded day, he'd be the champion of freedom leading his people against the tyranny of a dark and cruel nagash, his madness breaking the bonds of nagash's control and allowing him to strike back against his master.  but on his most deluded days he'd swing right back around as the willing and devoted paladin of a bright and benevolent nagash - not actually under nagash's control but 110% loyal regardless.

But that's just how I'd characterize him.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Sception said:

Ushoran's madness should make him inherently unreliable.  I'd like for him to be the leader of both nagashi and anti-nagashi ghouls, depending on what side of the bed he's waking up on today.  On his most lucid days he'd know both he and nagash were monsters, but be unable to resist Nagash's control.  On a more deluded day, he'd be the champion of freedom leading his people against the tyranny of a dark and cruel nagash, his madness breaking the bonds of nagash's control and strike back against his master.  but on his most deluded days he'd swing right back around as the willing and devoted paladin of a bright and benevolent nagash - not actually under nagash's control but 110% loyal regardless.

I would think Nagash just uses Ushoran like a rabid dog if he is a mortarch, knowing that ultimately he cannot pose a threat to the God of death. It'd be funny if it was just the other death factions (mainly ossiarchs) getting annoyed at Ushoran and the FEC but Nagash just says nah suck it up and was chill with him. It'd be more interesting to have different polarities within the death GA but oh well, maybe we'll get some new death God eventually that tries to usurp Nagash

Edited by Luperci

Nagash doesn't really need singular attack dogs.  I'd picture Ushoran's usefullness being more in terms of the control Nagash could exert over FEC enclaves generally through him.  like a half-broken radio tower that sometimes lets you control a robot army, but half the time it's on the fritz and the robots will start behaving in a totally unpredictable manner.  If anything, I imagine its the sort of thing that would especially drive a control freak like nagash to distraction.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

What kind of title is mortarch? Ushoran was reassurected by Nagash to be a mortarch but then rebelled. He would still be a Mortarch then. Would Nagash even bother to strip him of his title? An exiled prince is still a prince. 

Basically the lieutenants of Nagash. The trusted. Ironically probably not appropriate for someone that rebelled...

38 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Basically the lieutenants of Nagash. The trusted. Ironically probably not appropriate for someone that rebelled...

Trust doesn't have anything to do with it, Manfred is a Mortarch and he is anything but trustworthy and is seeking to break free of Nagash (and Nagash knows it).

Mortarchs have been given power by Nagash as I recall, it is not just a title. They are demigods who have a fragment of Nagash's power in them, in a similar way to Stormcast though obviously more significantly than a Liberator.

Anyway, as long as a Mortarch is achieving the goald of Nagash he couldn't really care less about anything else about them. It will be interesting to see more info on Ushoran as (and I am not familiar with the deep cuts of the FEC lore) I believe that Nagash can literally seize control of Vampires and probably all undead, including Mortarchs (who are especially closely bound to him). Perhaps the madness allowed him to break free, or his latent abilities did (think he is rumoured to have sort of power connected to souls that I won't go into for spoiler reasons), but will be cool to get some answers about him.

2 hours ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

Nagash is not just a god of the Death, he is THE DEATH itself. You can't have arguments against the primordial magic that created you in the first place as a mere puppet and/or……

So if Nagash gets defeated, AoS turns into a FromSoftware videogame backstory… 🤔 so that‘s why everything spams mortal wounds, they just wanna emulate the frustration you feel in their games! 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

What kind of title is mortarch? Ushoran was reassurected by Nagash to be a mortarch but then rebelled. He would still be a Mortarch then. Would Nagash even bother to strip him of his title? An exiled prince is still a prince. 

When I first got into the hobby(before katakros and olynder were a thing) I did just think mortarch was the name of any character riding a dread abyssal. The original 3 mortarchs are really nice looking but it'd be cool to see them each get more of a unique flavor, arkhan might have a chance for a new kit whenever he comes back in the lore.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Mortarchs have been given power by Nagash as I recall, it is not just a title. They are demigods who have a fragment of Nagash's power in them, in a similar way to Stormcast though obviously more significantly than a Liberator.

This is the point I was making. If a Mortarch describes them as a type of being rather than a title given by Nagash, then it doesn't matter what Ushoran does. He will still be a mortarch even if he is in full rebellion against Nagash. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

This is the point I was making. If a Mortarch describes them as a type of being rather than a title given by Nagash, then it doesn't matter what Ushoran does. He will still be a mortarch even if he is in full rebellion against Nagash. 

I'm thinking along these lines myself. Perhaps the making of a mortarch is irrevocable, and Ushoran has been kept imprisoned (rather than permadeaded) while nagash is finding a way to retrieve that portion of himself?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EntMan said:

What are we anticipating/expecting/guessing for the Underworlds reveal?

I've lost track, and doesn't help that I get mixed up between Underworlds and Warcry when it comes to future releases...

Underworlds is a Destruction warband. Speculation was that it would be a second Kruleboyz one but we've got no real clue to go off of.

Next Warcry release should contain an order and death warband with some people thinking it could be Kurnothii Sylvaneth vs Ossiarchs based on the current Dawnbringer stories. Edit; But that's not being revealed tonight/tomorrow

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EntMan said:

What are we anticipating/expecting/guessing for the Underworlds reveal?

I've lost track, and doesn't help that I get mixed up between Underworlds and Warcry when it comes to future releases...

Kruleboyz for UW, sadly no Warcry reveal this time

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Underworlds is a Destruction warband. Speculation was that it would be a second Kruleboyz one but we've got no real clue to go off of.

Next Warcry release should contain an order and death warband with some people thinking it could be Kurnothii Sylvaneth vs Ossiarchs based on the current Dawnbringer stories. Edit; But that's not being revealed tonight/tomorrow

Whitefang confirmed that order warcry band is Lumineth  

30 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Whitefang confirmed that order warcry band is Lumineth  

I don't know if they confirmed it was Lumineth, just that it was Aelves, and that a Lumineth warband would be based on the one of the other elements. But we'll see in a few months time. Either option is a good choice imho

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I don't know if they confirmed it was Lumineth, just that it was Aelves, and that a Lumineth warband would be based on the one of the other elements. But we'll see in a few months time. Either option is a good choice imho

He did indeed ! ;)

14 hours ago, Sception said:

Ushoran's madness should make him inherently unreliable.  I'd like for him to be the leader of both nagashi and anti-nagashi ghouls, depending on what side of the bed he's waking up on today.

On his most lucid days he'd know both he and nagash were monsters, but be unable to resist Nagash's control.  On a more deluded day, he'd be the champion of freedom leading his people against the tyranny of a dark and cruel nagash, his madness breaking the bonds of nagash's control and allowing him to strike back against his master.  but on his most deluded days he'd swing right back around as the willing and devoted paladin of a bright and benevolent nagash - not actually under nagash's control but 110% loyal regardless.

All I can think is Ushoran dropping oversized anvils on Nagash with loony tunes music in the background...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1