The Rumour Thread

I apologize in advance for the idle musings: So I have been thinking about Dawnbringers, Warcry and Terrain. It made me think of what I think is really awesome idea. I have been wondering if we would see a Boarding Actions style game and I remember someone mentioning city streets as an alternative to dungeons, mines or caves. I started realizing that much like boarding actions finding its DNA in Space Hulk, a city combat game could find some inspiration from Mordheim.  

Kicking off a new season of Warcry with a Mordheim themed set would be really cool. Update the setting to be in the failed City from Dawnbringers with the terrain including some small Buildings and city scatter. The associated models can be updated Gutter Runners facing off against updated Flagellants. Using Hunter and Hunted as a template we can then see dual box expansions with a larger singular terrain piece with each release giving a new city structure (Abbey, Inn, Blacksmith, Wizard tower etc.). So if you bought the Warcry Starter set or simply the terrain you'd be enticed by each release as a way of expanding on your city much like how Kill Team releases gave you alternate lay outs for your boarding action games. 

Obviously like Boarding Actions and Space Hulk this would not be intended as a remake of Mordheim. Also due to the ties between this hypothetical setting and Dawnbringers I feel like the armies that were featured with minimal updates would all be good candidates for getting warbands in this proposed Warcry Season. Like Boarding actions it could further serve as the basis of its own ruleset for fighting in tight quarters that could easily be adapted for fighting on a ship, or in a stormkeep, dungeon etc. 
glfardt9olgb1.jpg
Considering that we still have yet to see these buildings I feel like my idea would never pass muster, but I feel like with the introduction of new cities models and the foundation of new Cities means that lots of collectors and gamers would love to get some high quality buildings. 

Back to rumours, I am really hopeful that we get a reveal for the Lady of Ruin and as big a reveal for Flesh Eater Courts that we got for Cities of Sigmar.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 3

47 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I apologize in advance for the idle musings: So I have been thinking about Dawnbringers, Warcry and Terrain. It made me think of what I think is really awesome idea. I have been wondering if we would see a Boarding Actions style game and I remember someone mentioning city streets as an alternative to dungeons, mines or caves. I started realizing that much like boarding actions finding its DNA in Space Hulk, a city combat game could find some inspiration from Mordheim.  

Kicking off a new season of Warcry with a Mordheim themed set would be really cool. Update the setting to be in the failed City from Dawnbringers with the terrain including some small Buildings and city scatter. The associated models can be updated Gutter Runners facing off against updated Flagellants. Using Hunter and Hunted as a template we can then see dual box expansions with a larger singular terrain piece with each release giving a new city structure (Abbey, Inn, Blacksmith, Wizard tower etc.). So if you bought the Warcry Starter set or simply the terrain you'd be enticed by each release as a way of expanding on your city much like how Kill Team releases gave you alternate lay outs for your boarding action games. 

Obviously like Boarding Actions and Space Hulk this would not be intended as a remake of Mordheim. Also due to the ties between this hypothetical setting and Dawnbringers I feel like the armies that were featured with minimal updates would all be good candidates for getting warbands in this proposed Warcry Season. Like Boarding actions it could further serve as the basis of its own ruleset for fighting in tight quarters that could easily be adapted for fighting on a ship, or in a stormkeep, dungeon etc. 
glfardt9olgb1.jpg
Considering that we still have yet to see these buildings I feel like my idea would never pass muster, but I feel like with the introduction of new cities models and the foundation of new Cities means that lots of collectors and gamers would love to get some high quality buildings. 

Back to rumours, I am really hopeful that we get a reveal for the Lady of Ruin and as big a reveal for Flesh Eater Courts that we got for Cities of Sigmar.

Does sound a bit like Warcry Catacombs in a different setting. I would love a new Catacombs version to be honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Totally agree. I would like to see some type of book, supplement or whatever with game modes that you don't usually see on tournaments/ youtube reports: Siege escenarios, scort missions (there are a few in the campaign books), Jungle fight (think Lustria supplement), Streets of death (city fight), etc... 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

glfardt9olgb1.jpg

Amazing idea.

The fun thing is that the boarding actions rules can almost be used without any change.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

glfardt9olgb1.jpg

Maybe you are in the right way. Just look at all the building options from realms of ruins: Comunidad Steam :: Ejecutor :: Capturas (steamcommunity.com)

And I didn't screenshot them all, just the ones I thought could be interesting to take inspiration from.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe you are in the right way. Just look at all the building options from realms of ruins: Comunidad Steam :: Ejecutor :: Capturas (steamcommunity.com)

And I didn't screenshot them all, just the ones I thought could be interesting to take inspiration from.

If GW would finally release an actual City kit I'd build an actual city (and my GF would kill me) XD
Give me Towers like the Osgiliath set has and all that cool stuff.

How about we start a community project for rules fighting within a city?

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

If GW would finally release an actual City kit I'd build an actual city (and my GF would kill me) XD
Give me Towers like the Osgiliath set has and all that cool stuff.

How about we start a community project for rules fighting within a city?

If we have CoS buildings that are so flexible like the LOTR or Ash Wastes ones I would have my wife killing me as well. It would be so awesome...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hidden videos for the preview:
40k: 2 videos
Aos: 1 video
Necromunda: 1 video
Underworlds: 1 video
Heresy: 1 video
Kill Team: 1 video
Old World: 1 video

Ah bit sad that there's only 1 vid for AoS, looks like it is just FEC, no Dawnbringers. Oh well, can't wait for Ushoran and the Tomb Kings.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Lets hope for something like this ;)

image.png.168cfac73e3de55c9e389fd9cc6526

Yeah this is my guess now for AoS, FEC box set and Ushoran in one video then the rest of the range revealed early next year.

40k is surprising as there's only one more rumoured mini for Necrons and Ad Mech and Dark Angels aren't due until spring.

I'm also guessing the new 30k Army is being saved for after Christmas too.

1 minute ago, DeLewko said:

I think we will only see contents of new army Box that will release in January. They will do another preview after new year to show off rest of the army. Dawnbringers 4 is probably coming after lvo.

There are not gonna be that bunch of kits, with the video and a few Mondays will be enough

9 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

So not even Ushoran??? Also is this a full Seraphon/StD size refresh then do you think?

At least 3 units:

The leaked ghouls sprue.

The judge.

The Gorewarden

And probably Ushoran.

I expect theres more I've forgotten. And I'd be surprised if there's no to more we don't know yet.

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

At least 3 units:

The leaked ghouls sprue.

The judge.

The Gorewarden

And probably Ushoran.

I expect theres more I've forgotten. And I'd be surprised if there's no to more we don't know yet.

I think Whitefang also hinted an executioner and I remember hints about bat riders, but I have no clue about the source.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

Just now, EntMan said:

At least 3 units:

The leaked ghouls sprue.

The judge.

The Gorewarden

And probably Ushoran.

Rumoured bat cav as I recall. Yeah I imagine it is a bit bigger than that.

• Like 1