The Rumour Thread

£60 for the koyo advent calendars is pretty crazy, you get 24 pin badges which is a lot but it feels like maybe it would've been better just sold as an age of sigmar faction collection maybe. Imo they look worse than the pin badges from the blind bags you can get from koyo too

On 11/10/2023 at 3:36 PM, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

Wow thank you, I love you too big guy :$

When I ended the story, I thought Dreadnoght Fyreslayers as Gold Golems (Ur-Goldems?) instantly, and Bael-Grimnir as the first of them, forged for Grugni with the essence of Grimnir himself.

Magical golems sound pretty damn awesome and would really add some cool new stuff to fyreslayers. I think Kharadron would be better served with „robotic“ golems, while FS get magical/elemental ones. Would love to see GW exploring that direction for heavy hitters for those two factions! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I scored my Battleforce because my LGS could place orders for their stock on Tuesday and I made my interest known early. 

I got confiirmation for 1 of the 2 I asked for as well, but as they received very few I passed so someone else could get it.

It is very sad how GW is slowly killing the LGS with the lack of stock allocated so they can make the full profit from their website/ stores.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is very sad how GW is slowly killing the LGS with the lack of stock allocated so they can make the full profit from their website/ stores.

OR they are still as bad as predicting the demand as they have always been, and still struggle with the new warehouses/ordering systems.

GW has no interest in 'slowly killing LGS'. In fact they'd be shooting their own foot, if they did. Imagine a world, where only GW retails their own products. This means they only sell as much as the individual customers, the hobbyists like you and me, buy. The resto of the stock stays on GW's own shelves, losing money.

Introduce the LGSs, who will preorder in bulk. If they sell it all out, good on them. But if not? It's now their problem that the boxes are gatherind dust on shelves, while GW has already made money on units that otherwise would be clogging up their warehouse. So yes, selling directly, vs selling through an LGS migh mean taking a smaller cut, but having the LGSs involved they do shift far more stock than they would have otherwise, and also reduce their storage costs. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

OR they are still as bad as predicting the demand as they have always been, and still struggle with the new warehouses/ordering systems.

GW has no interest in 'slowly killing LGS'. In fact they'd be shooting their own foot, if they did. Imagine a world, where only GW retails their own products. This means they only sell as much as the individual customers, the hobbyists like you and me, buy. The resto of the stock stays on GW's own shelves, losing money.

Introduce the LGSs, who will preorder in bulk. If they sell it all out, good on them. But if not? It's now their problem that the boxes are gatherind dust on shelves, while GW has already made money on units that otherwise would be clogging up their warehouse. So yes, selling directly, vs selling through an LGS migh mean taking a smaller cut, but having the LGSs involved they do shift far more stock than they would have otherwise, and also reduce their storage costs. 

I had a feeling they were going to undershoot demand this year, just becausre last year they made loads of boxes and they seemed to stay in stock for absolutley ages. Element games still had last years in stock just over a month ago from what I remember.

GW just isn't very good at interpreting demand I think, especially for one  off boxes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

If that's the case, which I agree totally makes sense, they are not only not improving, but doing it worst and worst every time.

I buy in several LGS' and all of them are pretty unhappy with GW, to the point where three or four are moving away from selling GW products at all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

On the flip side if stores can regularly cut prices by 10-15% than gw makes significantly more by selling direct to consumer at msrp because it's not like every lgs is taking a loss on every sale so the discount to the lgs is probably somewhere in the 25% range.  The biggest loss is gonna be in its harder to get new players as lgs's do free demos/free advertising for gw.  

10 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

On the flip side if stores can regularly cut prices by 10-15% than gw makes significantly more by selling direct to consumer at msrp because it's not like every lgs is taking a loss on every sale so the discount to the lgs is probably somewhere in the 25% range.  The biggest loss is gonna be in its harder to get new players as lgs's do free demos/free advertising for gw.  

Not quite, it also gets the people who want to buy, but are not willing to pay GW's prices. Whilst it is still expensive, having a cheaper alternative probably allows GW to move a lot of models they would otherwise not sell at all. THe profit is not as good but it is still profit they would not have made otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Not quite, it also gets the people who want to buy, but are not willing to pay GW's prices. Whilst it is still expensive, having a cheaper alternative probably allows GW to move a lot of models they would otherwise not sell at all. THe profit is not as good but it is still profit they would not have made otherwise.

Maybe it's a genius marketing strategy. What we pay at flgs is rationally ludicrously expensive for unmade plastic toy soldiers. However, because it's 20% off GW prices we actually allow ourselves to think we're getting it cheap! 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Maybe it's a genius marketing strategy. What we pay at flgs is rationally ludicrously expensive for unmade plastic toy soldiers. However, because it's 20% off GW prices we actually allow ourselves to think we're getting it cheap! 🤣

Honestly I think that is probably GW's strategy, means they sell to a larger portion of peole with the illusion of a good deal 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I think they real profits are made with the ridiculous prices of paints and books that need to be bought time and time again (and hero models).

I highly doubt it, more people collect minis than play, and after the R&D and initial production costs are covered for miniatures, the cost for the raw materials is negligible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1