The Rumour Thread

Agreed. Ushoran is lining up to be an extensive kit. THWG mentioned him possibly being Nagash sized. While I doubt that big, I’m assuming he’ll be solid size, maybe even with a mount. 

The cites launch box excluded Talia which is a decent sized kit, so I wouldn’t think he makes it into the battle box.

Gorewarden is a solid bet. Probably the new ghouls that have been leaked. Maybe Jerrion and some sort of elite or cav unit. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I think Summerking might come in Dawnbringers, ahead of the new FEC book. Like how Kroak came in Broken Realms ahead of the Lizards. 🤷 

But according to roadmap, FEC new book will release before next Dawnbringer

Edited by Greene

6 hours ago, Luperci said:

Gorewarden, new infantry and new cavalry seems like a good call, with a chance for a second character. You could swap the cavalry for heavy infantry though, maybe new crypt flayers/vargheists. I know they're plastic kits but if you look at the new character and bloodbowl vargheist they have so much potential to be better

really like your through
crypt flayers and ghouls are very old, iirc former is 10 years and latter almost 20 years!
they're really bad especially compare them to other refreshed unit like chaos warrios / 'ard boyz

Edited by Greene
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I think Summerking might come in Dawnbringers, ahead of the new FEC book. Like how Kroak came in Broken Realms ahead of the Lizards. 🤷 

I agree. Book IV seems a good bet as they may show it off at the next Preview alongside Ushoran.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I don't think Ushoran would make it into the box, at least to my memory it would be the first time a big, unique character was put in a launch box.  20 ghouls and some sort of cavalry seems plausible though, a couple of small/mid sized heroes and some sort of bruiser unit on top of that would probably do it.

I mentioned Ushoran because I am not seeing him being a massive piece. If it goes bigger than I think I agree it won't be in the box.

About being released with the next Dawnbringers book, it all depends on when the Army box vs when the book 4 would be released.

I cannot imagine a FEC battletome that doesn't include Ushoran, and I think the army box would be released before the book 4, so I don't see it being released with the dawnbringer boxes.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I mentioned Ushoran because I am not seeing him being a massive piece.

Speculation has been all over the map.  Personally I'm hoping for a Katakros style diorama / royal procession type kit.  If it's a single model then I doubt he'd be smaller than, say, Radukar the Beast.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

40 minutes ago, Sception said:

Speculation has been all over the map.  Personally I'm hoping for a Katakros style diorama / royal procession type kit.  If it's a single model then I doubt he'd be smaller than, say, Radukar the Beast.

I think back in June when they started teasing dawnbringers through posters, they had one about the summer king.

The art accompanying it was basically just a ghoul king on terrorgheist.

I wonder if ushoran is basically just that, but much bigger.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Sception said:

The way I picture him is sort of like the silent king cross with belakor. Larger than normal abhorrent vampire lord on gothic castle ruins, framed by big wings with chains and severed body parts. Maybe flanked by a couple of lesser advisors.

• LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, michu said:

With the default Fyreslayer faction leader coming out of that battle so badly maimed, it definitely feels like GW is setting something up. He might get rebuilt with a new model, or pass the torch to his Grand-daughter but either way it smells like a new centerpiece model and that's big news for Fyreslayers.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, madmac said:

With the default Fyreslayer faction leader coming out of that battle so badly maimed, it definitely feels like GW is setting something up. He might get rebuilt with a new model, or pass the torch to his Grand-daughter but either way it smells like a new centerpiece model and that's big news for Fyreslayers.

His daughter is basically his heir according to a white dwarf article from 2019. Runedaughter on Magmadroth also able to build as a named hero would be amazing as a centrepiece. Even though I love his character, the best thing that could happen to progress Fyreslayers is Bael-Grimnir dying or having to give up his lodge in another way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If we follow the pattern of 5 dawnbringer shorts per book and the weekly release. Being the book put on pre orders on the week the 3rd short is released this would mean that book 4 would be announced in two weeks. On 26/11 and arriving on 9/12. The week after Imperiales is released.

If this timing is mantained we would meet the rumours/ schedule of book 4 before 2024.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, michu said:

I thought so too, but I think by "Ulgu's darkness" they meant... night

It's far more likely he steps aside for his heir that was set up all the way back in early 2E, but still, this is Warhammer. I'm sure Grimnir's priests could rebuild him if GW wanted to go that route. They have the technology, and more gold than anyone dwarf knows what to do with.