The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So in other news, the blood bowl article today included the Tomb Kings team... I know it's probably a reach but what are the odds of those boys being the next team to get an update?

I won't say this makes a TK team any more likely. They specify it's a Team of Legend, and if they wanted to drop a hint about them being the next team this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So in other news, the blood bowl article today included the Tomb Kings team... I know it's probably a reach but what are the odds of those boys being the next team to get an update?

I don’t personally think it makes them more likely, however they are going through the legends teams slowly and in theory the next blood bowl edition/starter set will come next year so that’s 2 teams (my money is on high elves and tomb kings) 

Edited by Deakz28

10 hours ago, Jator said:

I won't say this makes a TK team any more likely. They specify it's a Team of Legend, and if they wanted to drop a hint about them being the next team this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Yeah. I agree with you. If CoS gets something before their second wave would be just Callis and Toll.

Al this FEC x Halloween tease got me thinking. Can we expect a release to the size of what we got for CoS? I've seen some messages around this kind of videos happening only with new armies and stuff like that, so the number of kits has to be high, right?

If so, would the wording "highest refresh ever" that they gave to CoS kinda confirm that they have ready more waves?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Al this FEC x Halloween tease got me thinking. Can we expect a release to the size of what we got for CoS? I've seen some messages around this kind of videos happening only with new armies and stuff like that, so the number of kits has to be high, right?

If so, would the wording "highest refresh ever" that they gave to CoS kinda confirm that they have ready more waves?

I am fairly sure that Whitefang explicitly said that FEC would be a big release at some point. But I don't think we should be expecting CoS levels (if only to not set ourselves up for disappointment).

I don't know how much new evidence that video adds. They previously did a similar teaser for Cursed City, though, which contained a lot of models and was part of a big update for Soulblight.

• Like 2

The more I think about FEC refresh the more I think Terrorgeist will get refreshed, like it has aged well but also hasn’t, some aspect are very outdated, but then I guess they’d have to refresh the zombie dragon, so I dunno, but it would be a great centre piece, and I doubt they’d refresh everything and leave the centrepiece behind. Especially when including the terror heist (but excluding endless spells and warcry) they are literally 5 kits that make several units.

Edited by Deakz28

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

The more I think about FEC refresh the more I think Terrorgeist will get refreshed, like it has aged well but also hasn’t, some aspect are very outdated, but then I guess they’d have to refresh the zombie dragon, so I dunno, but it would be a great centre piece, and I doubt they’d refresh everything and leave the centrepiece behind. Especially when including the terror heist (but excluding endless spells and warcry) they are literally 5 kits that make several units.

I guess if the next Dawnbringer book is Death focussed we could get the new Zombie Dragon in there, much like we got Big Pig in book 2. So given the timing if they wanted to de-couple the range of SBG and FEC it is actually a really good time to do it.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

With as few kits as FEC has, I don't see them replacing their big centerpiece kit in this update when they could just add another one. I think the Vargulf will get an update, though, as part of the push to remove resin miniatures from AoS.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

22 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

From what I gather from whitefang, the new ghouls we've seen are more an elite unit in the book, than replacement for existing ghouls.

The other hints strongly suggested some type of bat cavalry.

So far whe have confirmed the Command Corpse like unit, being the court, and those elite ghouls plus hints on the bat cavalry.

It would be surprising for me if the current ghouls doesn't get an update as well, being the oldest sprue from the whole range.

So if all above turns to be true, that's 4. Ushoran is kinda confirmed as well, isn't him? 5.

Even being 5, would be a pretty reasonable upgrade, but I hope we get something on the lines of 7-8 kits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

With as few kits as FEC has, I don't see them replacing their big centerpiece kit in this update when they could just add another one. I think the Vargulf will get an update, though, as part of the push to remove resin miniatures from AoS.

Sorry, I was implying since it is only five kits(including Varg) I’d assume they’d refresh all 5, which is what brought me to the TG/ZK, but as someone said above it’s hinted to be new kits too, it would be super weird to bring everything up and leave the centre piece behind which may look decent now surrounded by older models, but not when around new kits, much how the ZK feels in current soulblights imo 

• Like 3

Just now, Deakz28 said:

Sorry, I was implying since it is only five kits(including Varg) I’d assume they’d refresh all 5, which is what brought me to the TG/ZK, but as someone said above it’s hinted to be new kits too, it would be super weird to bring everything up and leave the centre piece behind which may look decent now surrounded by older models, but not when around new kits, much how the ZK feels in current soulblights imo 

Don't forget about Ushoran. I have the feeling it would be the new center piece.

12 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I would love it if all the old kits got replaced. They certainly all deserve it at this point. But I think GW seems to be setting up this update as more of an expansion than a refresh, given that the new ghouls are apparently a separate new unit. Because of this, I fear that the old ghoul and crypt flayer kits will be with us for a while longer.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would love it if all the old kits got replaced. They certainly all deserve it at this point. But I think GW seems to be setting up this update as more of an expansion than a refresh, given that the new ghouls are apparently a separate new unit. Because of this, I fear that the old ghoul and crypt flayer kits will be with us for a while longer.

We need to remember that we only know about the new ghouls because someone apparently found them in a bin in Nottingham or suchlike, it wasn't a planned GW release or tease, so I don't think we can read much into whether there are also going to be replacements for the existing kits.

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

We need to remember that we only know about the new ghouls because someone apparently found them in a bin in Nottingham or suchlike, it wasn't a planned GW release or tease, so I don't think we can read much into whether there are also going to be replacements for the existing kits.

I belive Whitefang implied that they are a new unit, which is why I wrote what I did in my initial post.

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I belive Whitefang implied that they are a new unit, which is why I wrote what I did in my initial post.

Sorry, what I meant was that even knowing they are a new unit does not help us knowing if the existing units will get a replacement.

I hope they will.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I’m hesitant about the FEC update. I really dislike the baboon hounds (even more strongly once I had built them) but the new ghouls in the same box are great. 

I am not expecting the baboon being released outside of warcry bands and more specifically on ghur.