The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, lele said:

- I think they mentioned in Soul Wars: Forbidden Power campaign book, creature of the void can be found sealed within a Stormvault.

- Void is real in aos. Everybody give opion/idea/guessing list in this thread, i do too, do i have the right, do i have a point, because void is real in aos but its rarely mentioned, but now give it a chance, i want to talk about my opion/ ideas. It is not difficult to understand what void really is, we can see voids in most games, and i have spent many hours thinking for my ideas list, hope everyone relaxes

I get this idea of void beings and it has been talked about before on TGA. This isnt the first time. I think its on the same level as silent people. It has been used as flavour text, its fun to think about the posibilities, but i dont think its very likely to see models for these kind of things. There is a reason why wishlisting silent people has turned into a meme here. 

But for fun ill join wild guesses. If i could pick a not likely race to see models it would be the Aetar. Its a Ghur race and looks like something that could be a single model release for Warcry or ally to some factions.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aetar

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Belthanos 125€

Ionus 130€

The image is in spanish, so sorry about that:

IMG-20231023-WA0005.jpg

It is missing the cannon and the heroes from the big box.

Also, the Dawnbringers books price increase cause lols. First one 32,50. From now on 40...

Edited by Ejecutor

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is missing the cannon and the heroes from the big box.

Also, the Dawnbringers books price increase cause lols. First one 32,50. From now on 40...

Cannon is on the english xls but the other heroes and the harbringers could be webstore only.

13 hours ago, EntMan said:

If these are all to scale with each other then New Kurnothi and Bug aren't as big as I thought, which actually makes me more inclined to get him.

RUgIc3R4Uje7LC45.jpg.1b89c5cb57dfbbe5e0c710a7724baf3c.jpg

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, but any idea how much this box is likely to be? (in £UK)

And do third party sellers get them? Or are they webstore/Warhammer shop exclusive?

95 in the end. Prices this week has been quite high in some stuff. I am specially shocked with Blacktalon, Tahlia and Ionus.

• Sad 3

The two missing heroes are both the ones who where available in the army set. For 40k it has happened before that the army set contents turned out to be the Combat Patrol and since the heroes in most Vanguard sets aren't available on their own but only in those sets I would say its likely thats the case here. 

Maybe slightly changed contents but I'm at least pretty sure the Alchemite Warforger and Freeguild Marshal are part of the Vanguard and thats the reason they aren't available on their own

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

The two missing heroes are both the ones who where available in the army set. For 40k it has happened before that the army set contents turned out to be the Combat Patrol and since the heroes in most Vanguard sets aren't available on their own but only in those sets I would say its likely thats the case here. 

Maybe slightly changed contents but I'm at least pretty sure the Alchemite Warforger and Freeguild Marshal are part of the Vanguard and thats the reason they aren't available on their own

That would suck, those two guys are pretty essential heroes for a lot of Cities builds.

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am specially shocked with Blacktalon, Tahlia and Ionus.

Ionus seems ok for 3 dragons, but agree on the other two. 60€ for the 5 minis of the blacktalons is hard to justify (for me/to myself) for something I would buy "because they're cool"

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Ionus seems ok for 3 dragons, but agree on the other two. 60€ for the 5 minis of the blacktalons is hard to justify (for me/to myself) for something I would buy "because they're cool"

I was considering to buy them. After seeing the price I won't. It is nuts. You have the command corpses, different and new sculpts (new in comparison with anything we had so far) for 42,50. Why is this one going to 60? Just because they had a serie? Nonsense.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was considering to buy them. After seeing the price I won't. It is nuts. You have the command corpses, different and new sculpts (new in comparison with anything we had so far) for 42,50. Why is this one going to 60? Just because they had a serie? Nonsense.

GW still couples its pricing partially to how many points the unit in question is. It's a bit of a double edged sword. It's probably what makes horde armies affordable at all, but it also means we get elite units at a mark up, like with the Blacktalons.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

yeah was hoping for 45€ like the questors (6 new stormcast minis). for me it's going into the "maybe one day" pile, and if their rules end up being good I'll just assemble them with proxies (old zephyros, a castigator with a bird on top, 2 questors and a random wizard with cape will do)

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

GW still couples its pricing partially to how many points the unit in question is. It's a bit of a double edged sword. It's probably what makes horde armies affordable at all, but it also means we get elite units at a mark up, like with the Blacktalons.

yeah but there's plenty of counter-examples to that theory (which is a good one, mind you). The scourgerunner chariot at 42.5€ per 100pts comes to mind :D

I'd say in this case it's the single characters explanation: it's the kind of box of which you'll only ever buy one

I actually think most of these prices are to be expected as they are in line with other releases. Was hoping lower prices for CoS as an army that functions like the baseline human army in the crazy mortal realms setting. Thank god for flgs discounts keeping the hobby alive for me.

Edited by Gitzdee

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yeah but there's plenty of counter-examples to that theory (which is a good one, mind you). The scourgerunner chariot at 42.5€ per 100pts comes to mind :D

I'd say in this case it's the single characters explanation: it's the kind of box of which you'll only ever buy one

Nagash is another one (he is very cheap for his points). That's because GW also doesn't re-calculate prices when points go up and down. For old kits, that means the pricing gets pretty wonky sometimes when they go from being an elite unit to being cheap or the other way around.

• Like 3

I'm looking to buy the book+Blacktalons. I have the feeling that regiments of renown mechancis are like the old mercenaries, that will disappear in time. 

Another issue is that they don't have any duardin in their little warband, but let's see their rules first before I burn more money

Dont't know if someone mentioned it before but the SCE army of renown is "draconith stormwing" which leave very few doubts about a dragon focused army. Not a big news regarding the Ionus box but worth the post. So I guess even dracoth will not be included in this army. Kind of sad to include only 3 warscrolls in a 50+ warcroll army tho...

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm looking to buy the book+Blacktalons. I have the feeling that regiments of renown mechancis are like the old mercenaries, that will disappear in time. 

It's the discounts that are hard to ignore. With two dragons being currently at 75, that makes Ionus 25 in that box, and you save even a little bit more thanks to the LGS' discounts. The Starship Trooper bug clocks in at 17.50. If these are things you're likely to want anyway, hard to say no to those discounts.

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Dont't know if someone mentioned it before but the SCE army of renown is "draconith stormwing" which leave very few doubts about a dragon focused army. Not a big news regarding the Ionus box but worth the post. So I guess even dracoth will not be included in this army. Kind of sad to include only 3 warscrolls in a 50+ warcroll army tho...

I honestly don't have an issue with that. It's a narrative driven build that's in addition to everything else that's already in the book. No one stops you from adding Ionus to your normal lists using the battletome rules, after all.

Of course it is a "free" addition to all the army's stuff, always nice to have new ways of playing the army and a kind of fresh air for a 3 years old battletome. 

But they totally know what they are doing. I am not yet 100% sure about what will be allowed to play in this army of renown as we don't have the rules yet but it is made to sell more dragons in the end, related to the lore or not. 

Edited by Vagard

17 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

It's the discounts that are hard to ignore. With two dragons being currently at 75, that makes Ionus 25 in that box, and you save even a little bit more thanks to the LGS' discounts. The Starship Trooper bug clocks in at 17.50. If these are things you're likely to want anyway, hard to say no to those discounts.

I don't consider two dragons 75. I consider them 3 Stormbringer issues, which is half that.

• Like 2