The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

To be fair @MitGas, it could also mean that you’re closer then all of us put together if you get consistent @Whitefang reactions. Plus, Eternus is honestly an elevated Varanguard, and Archaon lost a good deal of them due to his failures (they joined Be’lakor’s faction).

I think Whitefang reacts to my posts for other reasons than my guessing skills to be fair. 😇 I think we all know them! 😎🤙

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Supposed this spear does belong to the rumored "Lady of Ruin," what kind of hero are we expecting? a new spell caster, a foot trooper, or a daemonkin/princess leading the charge from the front? Barring the model, where do you think she'll lie on the Belakor vs Archaon scale? My money says Archaon but I'm also hoping for a solo act if you catch my drift.

If she ends up being the big antagonist for the final Dawner book my money’s on a daemon princess level character on Sigvald’s level(maybe slightly bigger or more impressive diorama) who’s both a beat stick & spellcaster powerhouse with army buffs for that final boss build.

(especially looking at it like an rpg lead-ups being a status effecter(Harbringer), a powerhouse(King Trugg) and likely a deadly support leader next with the Summerking so the Ruin Queen can really test your skills with a versatile mix while crushing steam tanks bare-handed)

• Like 7

After seeing that awesome manticore for CoS. I hope this lady of of Ruin is mounted on somekind of monster. A update manticore kit with two build options. Option 1 Lady of Ruin and option 2 a generic chaos lord. I would prefer this instead of a daemon prince(ss) mini.

• Like 5

Maybe we could be getting a new Karkadrak kind of creature? This could be the tail. I've been thinking about what this RE could be for a while now. 

Edit: or even better, this could be the tail of the lady of ruin.

image.png.2e8fc36efb4ffb8b15583a9580724c79.png

Screenshot_20231010_215250_Chrome.jpg.050d10ca7518307966c146cd03355fa4.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Maybe we could be getting a new Karkadrak kind of creature? This could be the tail. I've been thinking about what this RE could be for a while now. 

Edit: or even better, this could be the tail of the lady of ruin.

image.png.2e8fc36efb4ffb8b15583a9580724c79.png

Screenshot_20231010_215250_Chrome.jpg.050d10ca7518307966c146cd03355fa4.jpg

Nah, it is clearly FEC.

Good shout. The downside doesn't look to have the same shape, but it is pretty close indeed.

44 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I love how y'all talk about Whitefang like he's some kind of cosmic entity 

Well, your ignorance is a true blessing then, mortal. Whitefang's actual name is Whynot'leakmo'stufffahng and he's a very distant cousin of Cthulhu.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Oh and I think it's lame we get another new female char. Why not a cool dude like Egrimm Van Horstmann or Aekold Helbrass for me? I don't care about other armies! 👌

Interesting choices there. 

Just give me a hag!!! Take your pick of fellwater or mirebrute. Its a sausage fest up here in GA destro. 😄

Hell, I'd settle for an ogor bbw character even. 

28 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Then it turns out she buffs Tzeentch marked units. Jokes aside I kinda wish DoT had named characters besides the daemons.

Even if she was a DoT unit, I‘d rather see something else. 😝 Aekold gets massive nostalgia points, Egrimm is the perfect excuse for a true centerpiece for Chaos… cause Archaon sucks (well, his ride looks lame). But a triple kit of Egrimm on Baudros, Chaos (Sorcerer) Lord (or lady if it makes ya‘ll happy) on generic Chaos dragon and named chaos dragon (e.g. Galrauch)… now that‘s a kit. And I miss (Chaos) dragons in general. There are surprisingly few dragons in AoS.

Also I feel like every special occasion mini is a gal (Warhammer+, event model (ok, they can keep that ugly gal), Warhammer Underworlds warband etc.). But w/e, it‘s a personal preference, that topic was discussed here ages ago already. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Interesting choices there. 

Just give me a hag!!! Take your pick of fellwater or mirebrute. Its a sausage fest up here in GA destro. 😄

Hell, I'd settle for an ogor bbw character even. 

Well, I hope you‘ll get what you want then! Dunno if you played BG3, but there‘s an awesome hag in there that I could totally see as a cool minu for Destruction.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lele said:

This is Quantum and AI age, AOS should use AI to boost up their art

No they shouldn't. Using AI art is a terrible idea. They should use their considerable profits to hire more artists. They should also give those artists credit in every book they publish. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

Oh and I think it's lame we get another new female char. Why not a cool dude like Egrimm Van Horstmann or Aekold Helbrass for me? I don't care about other armies! 👌

Well a new plastic chaos dragon with an option for Egrimm, the lady of ruin and a generic Chaos lord is fine for me 😄

Aekold Helbrass would be extremely cool, but he is a bit to small to be a centerpiece model for the next Dawnbringers book.

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Also I feel like every special occasion mini is a gal (Warhammer+, event model (ok, they can keep that ugly gal), Warhammer Underworlds warband etc.). But w/e, it‘s a personal preference, that topic was discussed here ages ago already. 

I have the same feeling lately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

If GW starts using AI I stop using GW

GW already uses AI, maybe you didn't notice it because you are english native, but their translations are clearly using AI. An example, the CoS tome includes the word bolter. How the hell you end with a bolter in CoS if it is not something automated?