vanguard box will contain :

- ard boyz boss 

- 10 ardboyz 

- 3 gore grunta

- 5 brutes 

Edited by Grunbag
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Duardin Soup has been rumoured for years, but there's been no further signs pointing to it that weren't there in 2.0.

Remember late-2021/early 2022 when every clickbaiter was insisting it was going to happen, then the Fyreslayer Battletome dropped and they got conspicuously quiet about it for a while? 

I'm sure when 4.0 drops it'll start all over again.

I don't believe in Dwarf Soup anymore after they set up Grombrindal and Grungni at the end of 2nd edition and then did nothing with the plot line for all of 3rd. They had narrative justification for it and didn't make any attempt at id for the whole edition. Instead we are getting new Fyreslayers and KO models and Dispossessed are still part of Cities. I think that's just how the Dwarf factions will stay for the foreseeable future.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm a Orruk player and I don't want that. The problem of the book is that it is a start edition book and the design is simple, but the 4 in 1 is something special and I LOVE it. I want a better and deeper design on future books, but with that point as the center of the faction.

I am an Ironjawz player and I never even bothered to read the Krule part of the tome I own. You have four different armies in the book and GW is clearly aware of this. The question is - which direction will GW choose now. They can push the unification and a mixed Vanguard would support this approach. My guess would be that the idea is to strengthen the IJ and Krule part, give them separate Vanguard boxes but keep the single tome. And, sadly, eventually cut the Bonesplitterz.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Which has been a pretty rumored thing (joining all dwarfs with the removal of CoS dwarvens), so not so weird xD

I suppose it does count as rumours but to me it's only been wishlisting unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I am an Ironjawz player and I never even bothered to read the Krule part of the tome I own. You have four different armies in the book and GW is clearly aware of this. The question is - which direction will GW choose now. They can push the unification and a mixed Vanguard would support this approach. My guess would be that the idea is to strengthen the IJ and Krule part, give them separate Vanguard boxes but keep the single tome. And, sadly, eventually cut the Bonesplitterz.

You don't forget that Vanguard are ready to play PoG and that's a big point to understand their design and selección of units

30 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't believe in Dwarf Soup anymore after they set up Grombrindal and Grungni at the end of 2nd edition and then did nothing with the plot line for all of 3rd. They had narrative justification for it and didn't make any attempt at id for the whole edition. Instead we are getting new Fyreslayers and KO models and Dispossessed are still part of Cities. I think that's just how the Dwarf factions will stay for the foreseeable future.

GW is a master at setting up ground-shaking plotlines that ultimately nead to nowhere... see the Ynnari, Decimus and the Night Lords reforming the legion, Primarch clones, the 8 Lamentations storyline...

I feel like every edition we're gonna have a "Grungni & Grombrindal are totally active guys, look they did stuff in the background" and leave it here. "Ironwall" duardins or whatever the AoS spiritual successors to Old World Dawi gonna be called will never happen in the short or even mid run, except maybe in 5th or 6th edition who knows. Maybe they'll release a Grombrindal mini (I do think AoS Grombrindal will make them a shitload of money because he's iconic and they're likely to put effort into it since you know, Grombrindal) that's playable for FS, KO and Cities duardins and call it a day for the next decade. 

Personally I'd like to see FS and KO be expanded upon before seeing a 3rd (4th ?) duardin faction. And leave Dispos alone for the time being (yes, their minis are fine in current AoS).

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think if the Warclans are separated out, it might involve the squatting of Bonesplitterz. 'Justifying' two separate 'tomes is probably easier than three, especially when 100% of one composes of WHFB leftovers which are going to be reboxed for The Old World soon anyway. 

It does seem a likely direction in-spite of how loyal the Bonesplitterz fans are.

That’s the only wriggle about the situation I don’t like because I full support splitting the Orruks up into armies that can be fleshed out and given more attention.

Maybe even Weirdbrutes & possible future Weirdguttaz as the Bonesplitterz successors as portions of the Ironjawz & Kruleboyz fall into the Gorkamorka madness and could have the Spiritual Successor of the Big Waaagh with both books having a Weirdwaaagh sub-faction that makes them Battleline and opens up Coalitions with the other one. That way you can take the Ironjawz tome to be more Brutal but kunnin’ Waaagh or the Kruleboyz tome to be a Kunnin’ but Brutal Waaagh.

We’ll see next edition, hoping for a refresh of Bonesplitterz(maybe into Wildboyz to make new ones with a new twist so TOW gets the old savages) but expecting something more severe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Fine, this sounds reasonable - but why would I need any Krule units for my IJ PtG?

Because 1 of 4 units on a small party could be from other Warclans, a rule that I don't understand why is not on matched play. The essence of PoG is to start as a small party and become a Big Waaagh.

5 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Fine, this sounds reasonable - but why would I need any Krule units for my IJ PtG?

That and the Warclanz PTG is more gear to seperate clans and not Big WAAGH they even allow you to use Big WAAGH rules along with the seperate Orruk allegiances making using BW even less incentivizing to use unless you really want to mix stuff

I could see the Ironjawz getting "Bonesplitterz" units like weirdbrutes and prophets to keep the current lore alive. If they ever decide to get rid of the Bonesplitterz army i would be fine with such a solution. I would prefer a proper Bonesplitterz update though. It seems like all my favourite armies are getting no love from AoS so far (Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang).

Edit: Kruleboyz should have been its own thing from the start.

Edit: I always combined Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to begin.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Kruleboyz fall into the Gorkamorka madness and could have the Spiritual Successor of the Big Waaagh with both books having a Weirdwaaagh sub-faction.

not waaagh madness but kruleboyz have a more savage tribes called beast breaka tribes  where breaka boss and new warcry monsta killaz are from 

It more like Ironjawz are Brutal by kunnnin (Gork )

Kruleboyz are Kunnin but Brutal  (Mork)

Bonesplitterz are pure beastal WAAGH energy since Gorkamorka is the incarnate of the Beast (something unique to AoS version of Gorkamorka being more of an actual deity)

• Like 2

I think they slowly moves the bonesplitterz aspect and role to ironjawz and kruleboyz . The waaagh frenzied to the ironjawz with the weird units and the monster killer aspect to the kruleboyz breaka tribes . Maybe only hedkrakka will move to ironjawz eventually . 
and then bonesplitterz will go to the old world . 
3 armies are too much for a big waaagh, 2k pts isn’t enough to pick up enough unit from the 3 army and get good synergy . 2 armies are easier to balance and synergies 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, novakai said:

That and the Warclanz PTG is more gear to seperate clans and not Big WAAGH they even allow you to use Big WAAGH rules along with the seperate Orruk allegiances making using BW even less incentivizing to use unless you really want to mix stuff

Which makes sense. It’s a BIG Waaagh. It doesn’t start out that way, they need to build momentum as smaller clans first showing the others who’s boss first as they conquer them to build up.

So a mixed group doesn’t make much sense as a starting point 

I think the Ironjawz vanguard guesses are on the right track since Kruleboyz are in everything else already(especially since they can keep out just enough points for a great pig big to slot into it for 1000 points Ironjawz ;) )

19 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

not waaagh madness but kruleboyz have a more savage tribes called beast breaka tribes  where breaka boss and new warcry monsta killaz are from 

Ah good call. That’s even how they can differentiate the two.

Ironjawz ferals go more nude into battle with their trophy heads that talk to them for the wild spiritualism aspect of Gorkamorka

Beast breakas wear more monster pelt and trophies for the Hunter aspect of Gorkamorka.

• Like 2

I think whatever they do, they should do it with more courage. 

I'm fine with shelving Bonesplitters & making Ironjaws & Kruleboys their own thing (Brutal but Kunnin' vs Kunnin' but Brutal).

But I'd also be fine with an actual "Orruks Warclans" book that has *no* split anymore but rather the warlord decides the direction the army goes (again brutal but... etc. see above). So the warlord lets you chose a set of special rules that are then your army rules but you can actually mix and match your dudes as you see fit. That could leave some Bonesplitters in the book, albeit without a proper general. So no third army rules option.

Personally I'd like them to take route number 2, but given how different Kruleboyz and Ironjaws look, I expect it to be route number one.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Maybe even Weirdbrutes & possible future Weirdguttaz as the Bonesplitterz successors as portions of the Ironjawz & Kruleboyz fall into the Gorkamorka madness and could have the Spiritual Successor of the Big Waaagh with both books having a Weirdwaaagh sub-faction that makes them Battleline and opens up Coalitions with the other one.

As the Ironjawz are clearly the sayians of the Mortal Realms, I really hope for the “full power” aesthetic for the Weirdbrutes…

image.jpeg.339c05e9374657d31be5654324094078.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Flippy said:

As the Ironjawz are clearly the sayians of the Mortal Realms, I really hope for the “full power” aesthetic for the Weirdbrutes…

image.jpeg.339c05e9374657d31be5654324094078.jpeg

Haha! That’d make an awesome reference to the voice of Vegeta being Gorgutz from DoW series(that’s why his max health was over 9,000 for the reference. Listen to any video with Vegeta’s voice slowed down and you can hear him, it’s awesome. :D)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Orruks learning martial arts would actually be terrifying.

image.png.37501788c15758aa135ed9766de379a4.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

Sadly, having seen that last Kruleboyz ‘hunters’ warband or whatever it was, my gut feeling is that the writing is on the wall for Bonesplitters.

My guess is that GW will expand the IJ and KB ranges…maybe to the point that they can justify breaking them out into two two Battletomes…and legend or simply remove Bonesplitters.😢

I don’t begrudge the IJ and KB getting more kits, but I adore the BS models. Really would like to see GW do something cool with them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I think whatever they do, they should do it with more courage. 

I'm fine with shelving Bonesplitters & making Ironjaws & Kruleboys their own thing (Brutal but Kunnin' vs Kunnin' but Brutal).

But I'd also be fine with an actual "Orruks Warclans" book that has *no* split anymore but rather the warlord decides the direction the army goes (again brutal but... etc. see above). So the warlord lets you chose a set of special rules that are then your army rules but you can actually mix and match your dudes as you see fit. That could leave some Bonesplitters in the book, albeit without a proper general. So no third army rules option.

Personally I'd like them to take route number 2, but given how different Kruleboyz and Ironjaws look, I expect it to be route number one.

Based off of what GW did with Cities I say they don't have much courage to just cut or split factions outright. It will be a slow death over many years and everyone will suffer.

I would also have a lot more respect if they did just rip the band aid off quickly, but that does not seem to be the GW way lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

We’ll see next edition, hoping for a refresh of Bonesplitterz(maybe into Wildboyz to make new ones with a new twist so TOW gets the old savages) but expecting something more severe.

I bought the Bonesplitters Underworlds warband the other year and it was a joy to paint. I love the style, it's just a shame the rest of the range is showing it's age. I think it would be great if they updated them - be that AoS, TOW or double dip - but the cynical side of me doubts they will.

• Like 3