The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

This reminds me to all the talks around cogforts. I have the feeling a big cogfort would be the eye catching big mini for the next wave. Same than Tahlia has been for this one.

I know it's baseless wishlisting, but I wrote up a list for a wave 2 based off of Lumineth (mainly number of kits/subfactions/keywords) like a week ago in sleepless delirium, so might as well post it.

Spoiler
  • New Steam Tank replacement/"Smaller" COGFORT
  • Collegiate Arcane Arch-Mage on Luminark of Hysh/Celestial Hurricanum / Named Mage (since we probably won't have the kit transfer to Old World might as well fully AoS-ify it)
  • Freeguild Fusil-Wagon (Fusiliers on War Wagon 😛)
  • Freeguild Captain (More melee/damage focused character than Marshal)
  • Freeguild Knights (Arch-Knight from Command Corps/Cavaliers, but without the Arch part: elite infantry)
  • Greatfire Flamecaster (Fire mage)
  • Liferite Vinemage (Life mage)
  • Fusil-Major with Range-Squire (Since the ogor one has a separate Fusil-Major keyword, might as well use it)
  • Dispossessed Stonelayers (Dwarfs with big steam-fists, based off of new Artefact) OR dedicated City Aelves unit
  • Black Ark Corsairs (because Sigmar knows what they're gonna do with the elves)  OR dedicated City Aelves hero

OR

• BIG War Altar
  • Freeguild Knights (Arch-Knight from Command Corps/Cavaliers, but without the Arch part: elite infantry)
  • Warrior Priest
  • Flagellants remake
  • Fusil-Major with Range-Squire (Since the ogor one has a separate Fusil-Major keyword, might as well use it)
  • Dispossessed Stonelayers (Dwarfs with big steam-fists, based off of new Artefact) OR dedicated City Aelves unit
  • Black Ark Corsairs remake (because Sigmar knows what they're gonna do with the elves) OR dedicated City Aelves hero

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I know it's baseless wishlisting, but I wrote up a list for a wave 2 based off of Lumineth (mainly number of kits/subfactions/keywords) like a week ago in sleepless delirium, so might as well post it.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Collegiate Arcane Arch-Mage on Luminark of Hysh/Celestial Hurricanum / Named Mage (since we probably won't have the kit transfer to Old World might as well fully AoS-ify it)
  • Black Ark Corsairs (because Sigmar knows what they're gonna do with the elves)  OR dedicated City Aelves hero

OR

• BIG War Altar
  • Warrior Priest
  • Flagellants remake
  • Black Ark Corsairs remake (because Sigmar knows what they're gonna do with the elves) OR dedicated City Aelves hero

Oh, I just popped a vein cause I at first thought you meant Lumineth needed a second wave! If you mentioned Stormcast in there, my shattered mind would‘ve imagined that they‘d need another wave too and at that point I would‘ve had a stroke for real realz! [/FoxxyLove]

In order to treat my condition, I went to Dr. Sigmund Feind but ultimately I wasn‘t cured, he hates those spoony Lumineth now too! 👍 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Hide contents

OR

• BIG War Altar
  • Warrior Priest
  • Flagellants remake

Most of that I would also bet on getting into Cities. They did a lot of 1 for 1 replacements so we have at least of an idea of what to expect.

Also looking at this list got me wondering what is the over/under of them giving Cities a dwarf or elf unit after they remove all the old models?

Makes me think Age of Sigmar will once again repeat 40k. Just like Tau fans, City players will be trying to get different races in their faction lol.

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

More CoS minis coming, that's all that matters.

Definitely!! 

I think there is a whole lot more and it will mirror Lumineth release. I also believe they are going to let the lore promote the future release waves. 

Right now it’s all about dawnbringer crusade, but when 4.0 hits the story focus will shift back to someone making a push against stormcast and then stormcast needing help. 

I think we will see the second wave and Battletome early in 4.0. I’ll guess late fall/early winter 2024 being about a year removed from first wave. 

I really hope that we will see a second wave for CoS. What we have seen now is already fantastic, but there is indeed stuff missing. That said, when looking at AoS and 40K, it will not be the first  time that we expected a second wave and years later there is still no second wave... .

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I really hope that we will see a second wave for CoS. What we have seen now is already fantastic, but there is indeed stuff missing. That said, when looking at AoS and 40K, it will not be the first  time that we expected a second wave and years later there is still no second wave... .

I thik we had hints enough, specially seeing how all our minis are from WHB and everything non human is being slowly removed, but this could be true, but then, it wouldn't be their 'biggest project ever', which would be a fishy move selling it like that if it ends being the same sort of renewal we had for any AoS faction so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I thik we had hints enough, specially seeing how all our minis are from WHB and everything non human is being slowly removed, but this could be true, but then, it wouldn't be their 'biggest project ever', which would be a fishy move selling it like that if it ends being the same sort of renewal we had for any AoS faction so far.

Second half of 2025 could be the date to expect new waves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Its by far the biggest change within a tome. Its almost a different army. And imho they did get a lot of models with a lot more space to expand. I would call that pretty big.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

GW always has a very hyperbolic tone with announcements of previews of shows and releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Its by far the biggest change within a tome. Its almost a different army. And imho they did get a lot of models with a lot more space to expand. I would call that pretty big.

That's right. Big could be a quantity or a quality launchment, and Cities is gonna be the peak quality release of this game without doubt.

18 hours ago, Doko said:

cities of sigmar was supposed to be a huge release,and said by gw his biggest project ever for aos etc etc and then had only 12 kits(and one of these is warcry).

while other regular army updates as goblins had 11 or 13(if we count spells and the moon) kits and even we could tell many more if we add the other releases as wolfs or the first mage etc,or vampires had also 12 new kits(here is hard because we could add the shadespire or cursed city and would be even more)

and slanesh if we count his two releases its almost the double of kits than all these

and worse even,every one of these cities kit is monobuild doing the number of scrolls small.

i really i am very dissapointed with how small have been this city release,i was sure that we would get many more units as:elite foot unit as the swordmans,the gryfon cavalry,the shooting cavalry,the warpriest hero and even maybe a unit of warpriests,one or two more warmachines and some big centerpiece as the big steamtank etc

Design process is iterative and refining; the effort put into this process could have been huge, but the final results smaller - reflecting the cutting of ideas to get to something that is complete as a release, but also less of a financial and aesthetic gamble. And that's key. Some of the new kits will sell well, others will not - more new kits probably would have meant more wouldn't sell well (rather than equally all kits selling well). Other factors include production capacity - producing more kits means a longer design and production time means a longer wait to release, means more playtesting and writing, means more time to recoup investments, etc. 

Overall, it's a fantastic range which can have more. If this lot sells well, you can imagine further releases being moved forward in the production queue. Hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

IMG_9317.jpeg

Of course ! We're going to have the whole royal court with the FEC. We already have the nobles with the Archregent and Kings, then the Courtiers. We got the royal herald a few months ago, but every royal court needs a judge.

Wondering what other court officials we could also get. A councellor ? A jester ? Maybe a queen ?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3