The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Whitefang is hinting at a lot of things that are on the way but I'm sure a lot of them won't be at the preview. 

I'm expecting one undergrounds warband which may well be Skaven. I think it's too early to start teasing the next edition as it probably won't be out until the end of autumn. 

The teaser suggests that we will see more than the starter box. Whitefang seems to be suggesting that we will see Fyreslayers and kruleboyz at some point but maybe not at this weekends preview. I'm secretly hoping for a cities warband it would be a perfect opportunity to include a variety of races. We've already seen that with some of the chaos warbands. 

We will probably get a full unveiling of book 2 of dawnbringers with the Troggoth and maybe some other stuff. Ogors? 

Assuming there is a launch box for cities, I'm expecting to see that and hopefully a couple of new things for cities if not the full range. 

With stuff for Ogors, Kurnothi, Skaven, FeC, Stormcast  and Darkoath on the way in the next year or so it's a pretty exciting time for AoS. 

Oh mate it honestly hadnt occured to me that Book II would have anything but Order and Warclans but if it does have a more Destruction focus we could have a Broken Realms situation with a mini released and then the range refresh for Mawtribes happening next Edition!!

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh mate it honestly hadnt occured to me that Book II would have anything but Order and Warclans but if it does have a more Destruction focus we could have a Broken Realms situation with a mini released and then the range refresh for Mawtribes happening next Edition!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but it seems more likely that Skaven are going to get that treatment, as the 4th ed starter seems more likely to have a chaos faction in it. But then, this is mostly baseless supposition

Don't worry, @KingBrodd is always happy when an AoS release happens ! Rspecially if Skaven are involved. They make tasty treats for his ogors.

About the Whitefang FS rumour, if even himself has to speculate about them, it must mean 1/this is a release far removed from now (like 2024 territory), 2/his source hasn't been told much about it &/or 3/this is a closely guarded studio project. To be honest it's ok for me to know Fyreslayers are scheduled for a release, even if we have no details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it seems more likely that Skaven are going to get that treatment, as the 4th ed starter seems more likely to have a chaos faction in it. But then, this is mostly baseless supposition

There's room for more than one range refresh per edition, we'll have had, what, 4 during AoS 3.0, if the FEC rumours hold?  I would not be at all surprised to see updated ranges for skaven, ogors, and BoC over the course of the next edition.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Don't worry, @KingBrodd is always happy when an AoS release happens ! Rspecially if Skaven are involved. They make tasty treats for his ogors.

I would have thought that selling deep fried Skaven, even if the customers are Ogors, is a violation of food safety standards in most parts of the Mortal Realms.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I would have thought that selling deep fried Skaven, even if the customers are Ogors, is a violation of food safety standards in most parts of the Mortal Realms.

Skaven? What Skaven, guv'nor? It ain't no bloody rat, the finest chicken giblets in Hammerhall, that is! The price's a steal, I cut me own throat, guv'nor!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

There's room for more than one range refresh per edition, we'll have had, what, 4 during AoS 3.0, if the FEC rumours hold?  I would not be at all surprised to see updated ranges for skaven, ogors, and BoC over the course of the next edition.

For sure, but it read to me like Brodd was talking about the faction tie-in between Dawnbringers and 4th edition, like how Kragnos was a tie in between Broken Realms and the 3rd edition starter

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

About the Whitefang FS rumour, if even himself has to speculate about them, it must mean 1/this is a release far removed from now (like 2024 territory), 2/his source hasn't been told much about it &/or 3/this is a closely guarded studio project. To be honest it's ok for me to know Fyreslayers are scheduled for a release, even if we have no details.

Thanks mate!! I just love the Mortal Realms!!

20 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

For sure, but it read to me like Brodd was talking about the faction tie-in between Dawnbringers and 4th edition, like how Kragnos was a tie in between Broken Realms and the 3rd edition starter

Oh no mate just that a lot of the single mini releases from Broken Realms heralded updates and refreshes for those Factions in 3.0.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I remember seeing at least 2 versions.

14 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

One of the hog riders has a helmet and steers the pig, while an alternative build, probably a hero variant, has no helmet and dual wields some choppas

I'm aware of the two builds they showed off, but on the stream they mentioned that there was a build without the side car brutes, which I assumed would be the hero and we didn't see that, so that's why I was asking. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I'm aware of the two builds they showed off, but on the stream they mentioned that there was a build without the side car brutes, which I assumed would be the hero and we didn't see that, so that's why I was asking. 

Maybe an Skitterstrand equivalent. Just an armoured boar without Orruks. This would add many options to Ironjawz with just 1 kit.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Dawnbringers II?
But where is this?

Eastern Great Parch I think?

The-Great-Parch-Map-Cubicle-7.jpg

352623156.png

352623156.png

From Soulbound:

The lands beyond the great mountains and volcanoes of the Adamantine Chain have no agreed-upon title, but are generally referred to as the Eastern Parch by the people living in the central Azyrite cities. They are lands of terrible dangers and few comforts. Followers of the Dark Gods and ravenous beasts still lurk here in great numbers despite the efforts of the Stormcast Eternals and other forces of Order. Brave Azyrite settlers that dwell along this frontier are driven by their dreams of a better future, if they can but endure; however, far from the stable trade routes of the west, the many small Order settlements of the Eastern Parch live on the knife’s edge.

Interestingly, there's a Skaven Undercity located there. 

A Skaven undercity that serves as the centre of their schemes across The Great Parch, Chakrik’s Folly probably shouldn’t exist at all. The dream of an especially lunatic Clan Skryre Warlock Engineer, the undercity was founded just to the south-east of the Adamantine Chain within a series of completely unstable caverns. These caverns were filled with exceptionally large deposits of volatile warpstone, which the Warlock Engineer swore could be used to power a series of arcane tectonic engines that he had devised to keep the city completely safe and stable. His engines worked, sort of, though one promptly exploded and blew him to pieces. His rivals all rushed to claim the credit for founding the city, but in an exceedingly rare bit of Skaven justice, the undercity was eventually named in his honour.

Despite Chakrik’s humming engines, the undercity is still regularly rattled by earthquakes that range from small tremblers to thousands dead, but to the Skaven, every life but their own is near meaningless, and besides, with each quake, another unclaimed vein of precious warpstone is revealed.

Every major Skaven clan and quite a few smaller ones have holdings in Chakrik’s Folly, which leads to constantly plotting for advantage. Of late, though, the undercity has been flooded with requests for aid from clans throughout the Adamantine Chain. The Skaven need help fighting back against the beard-things that have been making their lives miserable and totally disrupting their operations by insisting on invading and stealing their lairs.

There's also a reference to 'Blades of the Blood Queen' attacking Order holdings in Reclaimed Demesnes

Of all those who pray to the God-King, few have the courage approaching that of the settlers of the Reclaimed Demenses. Consisting of territory seized from the followers of the Dark Gods by Stormcast Eternals not long after the initial onslaught of Sigmar’s Tempest, the lands known as the Reclaimed Demesnes cover several thousand miles. They are the frontier of Order’s holdings on The Great Parch, lying beyond the daunting Adamantine Chain and far from the great cities and trade routes of the central lands. Across this vast territory, hundreds of minor settlements fight to survive in this distant land. What little trade they see from afar generally comes on ships from Anvilgard, though some say there are one or two hidden realmgates to help bring support as well.

The majority of settlements in the Reclaimed Demesnes barely survive and have limited defences should any threats, whether Chaos, wild, undead, or otherwise, look their way, and threats there are. From the north, the Chaos Marauders known as the Candescent Raiders continually make forays into their lands. From the south, the Blades of the Blood Queen capture victims for exsanguination.

Fortunately, the folk here are hardy and strong in their faith in Sigmar. Many of the settlements consist of warriors who have turned to farming, frequently making them a tougher challenge than the forces of Chaos expect. Unsurprisingly, the majority are Reclaimed native to Aqshy. They willingly brave the manifold dangers of the frontier to make a better life for themselves… and to avoid the constant judging looks of the Azyr-born.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks mate!! I just love the Mortal Realms!!

Oh no mate just that a lot of the single mini releases from Broken Realms heralded updates and refreshes for those Factions in 3.0.

It is your enthusiasm for all factions regardless of whether or you you enjoy them that helps keep this community from falling into the depravity of the 40K boards your swoleness. Here’s hoping that you get a nice big update for your slighter smaller large lads @KingBrodd.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • LOVE IT! 2