The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Silly aside but I was reading the Genestealer Cults article and it made me realize how cool it would be to have a similar army in AOS that is partially composed of Cities of Sigmar models in secret service to another force and then I realized that would be such a cool way to integrate Silent People. Human cultists that wish to wake their Insectoid Overlords but otherwise blend into the forces of order. They can have cool heroes that are awakened Silent People issuing forth secret decrees on how to help awaken their slumbering brethren and then there could be parasitic entities attached to humans to fill out the reset of the force. 

I dunno just a strange thought that occurred while reading the article. 

So what they're maybe doing with the Horns of Hashut and the chaos dwarves?

6 hours ago, Snarff said:

Sounds like even more foot heroes/characters. Hopefully they have some demidroths or female duardin.

Any fyreslayer news is good news though 😍

A whole unit of dynamically swapped mixed gender Fyreslayers would be awesome!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Silly aside but I was reading the Genestealer Cults article and it made me realize how cool it would be to have a similar army in AOS that is partially composed of Cities of Sigmar models in secret service to another force and then I realized that would be such a cool way to integrate Silent People. Human cultists that wish to wake their Insectoid Overlords but otherwise blend into the forces of order. They can have cool heroes that are awakened Silent People issuing forth secret decrees on how to help awaken their slumbering brethren and then there could be parasitic entities attached to humans to fill out the reset of the force. 

SUGAR...IN...WATER.

Mate I would absolutely love this as a Faction!! Such an epic idea!!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Sounds like a chaos cult to me. I did a small army like this years ago back in fantasy days. A tzeentch chaos cult that had infiltrated a Empire army. Lots of bird and feather fetishes on modals and small mutations like a tail poking out from the bottom of a robe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So I have an idea for this. Each of the forces of Destruction represent a specific kind of destruction. The Orruks represent the destruction of society, the Gloomspite represent the destruction of knowledge, the Ogors represent the destruction of the body, and the Sons represent the destruction of the world.

I see the Silent People as being the destruction of the self. Parasitic wasp like creatures, puppeting members of the other races through hidden larvae consuming and controlling their hosts. This would be both fitting for Destruction as they infest and convert settlements to their hives, whilst also making them fill a creepy element that AoS doesn't have many models for in the range at the moment. It also would work with the lore hints about human like Silent People as well as the insect hints.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

You must kinda love Mimic (the movie by Guillermo del Toro) then.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

the rest I understood inherently but do you mind expanding this part? super cool idea for Destruction :)

I think @EonChao means the destruction of the mind/sanity. The Gitz operate in dark places and make frequent use of psychedelic shrooms and magic, effectively destroying the minds of both the user and their victims in order to bring about an age of darkness and mania.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Lich King said:

What's the next reveal show? Do we have to wait until Nova? I definitely want to see the Cities range...

When is Nova?

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Warhammer stamps… so that everyone knows we are total nerds! 🤗

4f34eaba-d8d2-44db-9c83-9877982c0252_text.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Id assume the next reveal show is ATC at the end of July. I think NOVA isnt until Labor day weekend.

Shame GW isn't doing a presentation at the UK Games Expo, given that is tomorrow 😂

That does seem really odd though, as Leviathan is coming in a matter of weeks and we still haven't seen the models being released for Nids/SMs that are not in the box (New big Nid monster that is all but confirmed, Hormagaunts etc). Would have thought they would want to do a presentation fairly soon if only to go through that, but maybe they'll just announce it on WH Community, I forget how they ussually have done it.

• Like 1

I‘ve read John Blanche retired from his position as art director as of today. I‘m sure he will still be part of GW in a minor role in the future but this is the end of an era. He defined the look and feel of our beloved hobby in a way like no one else and enabled and inspired other great GW artists like Jes Goodwin. 

A big thank you for all his wonderful creations and art that will also keep inspiring us and many others and guide the future of Warhammer! Hooray for the man and may he enjoy his retirement! 

Thanks to Tuomas, who also heavily shaped my personal hobby journey with his own work, for the info! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I‘ve read John Blanche retired from his position as art director as of today. I‘m sure he will still be part of GW in a minor role in the future but this is the end of an era. He defined the look and feel of our beloved hobby in a way like no one else and enabled and inspired other great GW artists like Jes Goodwin. 

A big thank you for all his wonderful creations and art that will also keep inspiring us and many others and guide the future of Warhammer! Hooray for the man and may he enjoy his retirement! 

Thanks to Tuomas, who also heavily shaped my personal hobby journey with his own work, for the info! 

Can only hope The Painting Phase will get him in for an interview at some point, like they did with Bob Naismith, for example.

• Like 3