The Rumour Thread

Soulblight fluff article.

The Era of the Beast has created new challenges for those cursed by the blood kiss, for the outpouring of predatory Ghurish energy has only aggravated the rapacious nature of the vampires. Many have given themselves fully over to the bloodlust, satiating their basest desires in orgies of blood and battle.

Others attempt to hold back the beast. The austere Askurgan Trueblades go so far as to hunt down those who succumb to monstrosity – they despise the monstrous Avengorii, though Lauka Vai’s own history keeps her from hunting them in turn. Temptation has intensified with the emergence of the Dawnbringer Crusades, giving each dynasty a procession of succulent necks to feast on.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I always thought it would be cool if Radakar recieved rules like Morathi where he would start as the wolf and have the ability to turn into the beast during play. 

Very curious to see if the reggy deathrattle skellies get any change up or deathrattle in general. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

All these fluff articles mentioning how factions are destroying Dawnbringer Crusades does make a Dawnbringer themed Wrath of the Everchosen style book more possible in my min

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I dont know if this art is new or not...but by Nagash is it incredible.

OQCKz4Lrz3tf1Tho.jpg

Oh my Sigmarrrr it's amazing!

But also, this is actually imo the best artwork we've gotten of a City of Sigmar (apart from that one Azyrheim and Hammerhal one)
Hope to see many more this late-Summer/Fall 😛

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to seeing what April Fools article WarCom drops tomorrow, though as it's a Saturday any non pre-orders article will be extremely sus.

My guess is some totally far out 40k rules changes to slip in amongst the current genuine new edition rules articles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I always thought it would be cool if Radakar recieved rules like Morathi where he would start as the wolf and have the ability to turn into the beast during play.

Sadly I don't see it coming soon as unlike Morathi, the 2 forms of Radukar come from 2 different sets. GW is not greedy enough (yet) to make a warscroll that needs you buy 2 boxes to use it.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

13 minutes ago, Flippy said:

They should announce double turn for 40k.

Even as a joke I could not even begin to imagine the amount of vitriol this would spawn on social media. Not to say it wouldn't be hilarious, I just don't think GW is brave enough to bare it. 

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Sadly I don't see it coming soon as unlike Morathi, the 2 forms of Radukar come from 2 different sets. GW is not greedy enough (yet) to make a warscroll that needs you buy 2 boxes to use it.

I agree but they could make rules for it. 

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Even as a joke I could not even begin to imagine the amount of vitriol this would spawn on social media. Not to say it wouldn't be hilarious, I just don't think GW is brave enough to bare it. 

How about Imp Guard starting to cross the Primaris Rubicon? Or Tyrannids eating all the Votann and the faction being withdrawn? 🤣

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh this is so juicy. So damn juicy!! I love this lore with 3.0!! Vampires slaying feral Vampires is giving me massive Blade 2 vibes!!

It was alright but I do wish they copied more from the White Dwarf update. Even just a piece talking about vampires exploding into Avengorii monsters from the cosmic beast energy would paint a more intense picture of just how hard it is struggling with their beast nature as giving into bloodlust actually means  permanently morphing into a undead chimera or lupine horror.

image.jpeg.b9dcf878699aab3a4d36584ce40b8c6b.jpeg

And the Neferata quote set their attitudes on the Dawners.

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

But also, this is actually imo the best artwork we've gotten of a City of Sigmar (apart from that one Azyrheim and Hammerhal one)
Hope to see many more this late-Summer/Fall

The Death free cities like Lethis are pretty good on the art aspect.

image.jpeg.b1d85f560fea41d0aabd1226e276cc11.jpeg
image.jpeg.98dc754e5700bbb8ddfb62b273a2cc25.jpeg

Death has a lot of good pieces of city art. I suspect that’s why the new Freeguilds have so many bones and skulls in their weapons and armor since between their own allies, feuding vampires willing to make parlays, Ossiarchs aiding potential new tithe sources, the heroic ghosts of Hallost saving the living and even the Deathrattle kingdoms backing up humans against common foes-

“Oh you mean the Wight that stays down by the rice field? That’s Glimskull. Keeps to himself mostly. Scared the salt out of the lot of us at first, but he’s saved more Dawners than half the Freeguild combined. Wouldn’t break bread with him, mind. But when the ‘reapers come, you’ll be glad he’s on our side... Keeps the birds away from the fields too.’ — Jakub Helios, Grimreach Settlement Farmhand

Soulbound: Champions of Death, Pg. 121”

-the mortals of Shyish have a slightly easier time settling the afterlife continents despite the undead horrors there and general anti-life magic around.

Also for great city arts I give a vote towards this Hammerhal Ghyra piece in the magazines.

IMG_0987.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 3/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jagged Red Lines said:

What's your predictions for the next set of broken realms (dawnbringer crusades?) set of books.

Here's my wishlist:

* Grombrindal/dwarf soup

* Tyrion

* Morghur

* Orion/Kurnothi

Potentially with an Ogor wave in there somewhere - maybe instead of Morghur. 

My hope is that Yndrasta and her troops are besieged by Kruelboyz and Kragnos so they go to find an ancient ally in the Great Hunter Kurnoth and in doing so find out he has been hunting the great beast Morghur. Eventually Morghur and Kragnos come into conflict and Yndrasta gets caught in between

Meanwhile in the underground of Ghur; Duardin, Skaven, Gnoblars and the ghosts of the dead fight for lost holds, mines, caverns and dungeons. Grombrindal reveals himself and his search for the ancestor gods on behalf of his patron Grungi.

We will also have check in on the Dawn Bringer Crusades as a means of investigating the state of the various realms. The Ghur Dawnbringers bringing a human perspective on the central conflict.

Finally as the doors of Azyr break open from a victorious Kragnos, a wounded Morghur escapes the collective effort of Kurnoth, Yndrasta and Kroak, the chains of Slaanesh once more rattle. Finally Malerion decides that the time of isolationist rule has ended. Sigmar has proven his failure to lead the Gods and the lord of Shadows emerges to bring a stricter form of Order to the realms!

• LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My hope is that Yndrasta and her troops are besieged by Kruelboyz and Kragnos so they go to find an ancient ally in the Great Hunter Kurnoth and in doing so find out he has been hunting the great beast Morghur. Eventually Morghur and Kragnos come into conflict and Yndrasta gets caught in between

Meanwhile in the underground of Ghur; Duardin, Skaven, Gnoblars and the ghosts of the dead fight for lost holds, mines, caverns and dungeons. Grombrindal reveals himself and his search for the ancestor gods on behalf of his patron Grungi.

We will also have check in on the Dawn Bringer Crusades as a means of investigating the state of the various realms. The Ghur Dawnbringers bringing a human perspective on the central conflict.

Finally as the doors of Azyr break open from a victorious Kragnos, a wounded Morghur escapes the collective effort of Kurnoth, Yndrasta and Kroak, the chains of Slaanesh once more rattle. Finally Malerion decides that the time of isolationist rule has ended. Sigmar has proven his failure to lead the Gods and the lord of Shadows emerges to bring a stricter form of Order to the realms!

That's pretty cool, and when reading it I had a thought, probably not true but still it struck me. What if a Yndrasta - Morghur conflict was teased.... At the beginning of the Edition. What if the cover art of Yndrasta was her fight vs Morghur?

THought that would be really cool.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

38 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

That's pretty cool, and when reading it I had a thought, probably not true but still it struck me. What if a Yndrasta - Morghur conflict was teased.... At the beginning of the Edition. What if the cover art of Yndrasta was her fight vs Morghur?

THought that would be really cool.

I think the cover is supposed to reflect how infected the Realms are with Chaos? It always felt more metaphorical; even the Stormcast lady isn't a 1:1 for Yndrasta. It's an awesome cover for sure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I think the cover is supposed to reflect how infected the Realms are with Chaos? It always felt more metaphorical; even the Stormcast lady isn't a 1:1 for Yndrasta. It's an awesome cover for sure.

Yeah, as I said I doubt that it is Yndrasta vs Morghur, it just occurred to me that it might be, and that it would be really cool if right at the beginning of the edition GW had teased a fight between them that would occur at the very end of it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Yeah, as I said I doubt that it is Yndrasta vs Morghur, it just occurred to me that it might be, and that it would be really cool if right at the beginning of the edition GW had teased a fight between them that would occur at the very end of it.

ohh yea, honestly GW kind of did tease that too! Yndrasta was investigating the Ghur incarnate and it felt like those energies could feed back to Morghur.

• Like 2

I am really happy for Kurnothi news but to be fair I am not sure if Sylvaneths need any type of unit after last range update. They feel like complete army now with new bug cavalary and skirmish archers. Some other armies might need update before them. But hey I will accept them in my Sylvaneth army :D, this rumour actually made me to finish whole 5000+ points (in process) of them so I can be ready for Kurnothi expansion haha

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

My wishlist

* No dwarf soup. There is no way to do that without losing the identity of at least one Dwarf faction.

For the record, I don't think dwarf soup will become a permanent thing, even if it is included in a Grombrindal broken-realms type book.

For instance, see legion of the first prince. Those types of campaign book armies get quickly invalidated in the next edition.

As a fyreslayers player, I hope that what Whitefang said about armies that didn't get love getting another look-in, also includes our little ginger friends. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this was posted yet. Quite a lot of things look to have been included here, including all the printed Eight Lamentations and Callis & Toll stories. Looks to be a great omnibus to throw at people interested in 'grass roots' AoS. Plus, Blightslayer is slated for May.

zOmVFIp5DRUsO6tb.jpg

• City of Secrets, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Silver Shard, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Nick Horth
  • Heart of Winter, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Thieves’ Paradise, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Old Ways, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Nick Horth
  • Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: The Tained Axe, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: Auction of Blood, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • The Red Hours, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Evan Dicken
Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 5