The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

I still feel like they should never have been merged in the first place. If Aelves can have 4 different distinct and unique armies (5 if you count CoS), why can't Orruks have more than one?

6 if we count Malerions. Im of the belief that DOK and Malerions Aelves should be joined together upon release.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

6 if we count Malerions. Im of the belief that DOK and Malerions Aelves should be joined together upon release.

I always find it difficult to say how that scenario should be handled. On the one hand, I think DOK have their own cool thing going on and adding in Malerion would probably hurt their faction identity, but on the other hand AoS does not need three separate dark elf factions in DOK, Malerion and Cities.

• Like 3

I don't know if that Kruleboy shaman was already revealed on WarCom or is it was leaked online, but he looks stellar. I wouldn't worry about Kruleboyz in the next editions. Looks like GW will always have something for them. 

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I agree that Orruk Warclans is getting spread too thin at the moment. Lack of synergy within the book also doesnt help.

Also Gitmob needs to leave Gloomspite asap for the same reasons. So Gloompspite can focus more on Spiderfang.

I feel like those soup BT are here as placeholders while they flesh out the factions. Sometimes we forget how much of a colossal undertaking AoS is... they can't do everything at once. Like how Gitmob gobbos are inside GSG, they could have launched a warscroll that would've been "pure Gitmob" but it would have had 0 synergies with other gobs and no one would've wanted to play or buy the minis. 

5 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Every new Stormcast wave is a spit in the face of Fyreslayer, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Ogor, Skaven and FeC players.

Wow... really ? That's a bit extreme to say, don't you think ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I always find it difficult to say how that scenario should be handled. On the one hand, I think DOK have their own cool thing going on and adding in Malerion would probably hurt their faction identity, but on the other hand AoS does not need three separate dark elf factions in DOK, Malerion and Cities.

The day Malerion comes is the day Dark Elves leave CoS. I can't imagine it any other way.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, Flippy said:

The day Malerion comes is the day Dark Elves leave CoS. I can't imagine it any other way.  

Poor Cities, it definitely looks like the faction is on track to be partitioned into nothingness eventually. There are a lot of people who really liked the idea of various elves, dwarves and humans working together. Although I suppose if we get both new Malerion elves and new bespoke Cities elves, that would be all right.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It is immensely difficult and I dont envy them at all!!

I too worry about the loss of an identity with DOK but I also worry about Faction bloat. Kruelboyz being in Warclans is basically the same treatment.

And honestly I feel for Duardin players. You cant have 6 different Aelf Factions and then only 2 Duardin Factions that havent recieved any major updates since their release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I believe the current lore situation has Morathi and Malerion none to willing to work with one another, so something would have to change there to justify lumping them both together just cos they're both former dark elf factions.  But I agree with you that I don't think there needs to be three dark elf books, or frankly even two dark elf books, unless the malerion stuff proves to be very visually distinct from the other stuff.

You could have Malerion's forces as a smaller add-on to DoK, loaned troops/spies or whatever, but then people would still be speculating over when the 'real' release was coming, and lore-wise Malerion's faction should be much larger than Morathi's, so I don't think that solves much.

My ideal solution would be to play off keeping Malerion himself as a shadowy mystery, and also mirror Morathi's usurpation of the DoK cult in the first place:  Have Morathi and Malerion reach an 'accord' that puts her in place as his commander/mouthpiece, but leave it ambiguous as to whether or not she's trapped/killed/manipulated him in some way to put herself in that position, or even something where he's become so as-one with shadows and darkness that he needs her to interact with the physical, whatever.  That way you can create a combined dark elf book without stepping too much on anyone's toes.  Buuut I don't imagine this would be a very welcome solution to people specifically waiting for Malerion himself to show up, so it's not ideal in that respect.

• Like 1

Or you could allow their respective BTs to "soup" with each other. A bit like CoS and SCE do now, like in a DoK army, 1/4 unit can be a Malerion elves/Umbraneth unit, and vice versa for Malerion's BT access to DoK units. 

That would be a great way to fill in the army lists with new options in a lore friendly and fun way while keeping both BTs separate for more unique lore and rules.

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Or you could allow their respective BTs to "soup" with each other. A bit like CoS and SCE do now, like in a DoK army, 1/4 unit can be a Malerion elves/Umbraneth unit, and vice versa for Malerion's BT access to DoK units. 

That would be a great way to fill in the army lists with new options in a lore friendly and fun way while keeping both BTs separate for more unique lore and rules.

Unfortunately, this is also usually a gift to power players, who now have a great way to fill in the army lists with the most broken options from both books. I guess that's why GW keeps similar synergies under tight control.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Every new Stormcast wave is a spit in the face of Fyreslayer, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Ogor, Skaven and FeC players.

By next winter, at the latest I think, you can cross FEC off the list. It's just one of all those mentioned, but you have to go little by little.

By the way, a very personal guess, but I would bet that the future opponent of Stormcast in the the 4th's launch box will be either Malerion aelfs (if GW wants to close all the Grand Alliances opposed to the SE) or Skaven ( if GW wants to restart a cycle with Chaos, then Death in 5th, etc)! The naughty little mice are an ideal profile : almost the entire range to be redone, not treated for a long time... I'm taking bets. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know if that Kruleboy shaman was already revealed on WarCom or is it was leaked online, but he looks stellar. I wouldn't worry about Kruleboyz in the next editions. Looks like GW will always have something for them. 

The shaman isn't new, it's last year's AoS event model. 

35 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Poor Cities, it definitely looks like the faction is on track to be partitioned into nothingness eventually. There are a lot of people who really liked the idea of various elves, dwarves and humans working together. Although I suppose if we get both new Malerion elves and new bespoke Cities elves, that would be all right.

I'll hardly say its being partitioned into nothingness, it's getting a entity new range of models. 

Cities is also a modelers dream, you can do so much with them including mixing other races into units. 

• Like 2

So, we have Whitefang hinting at more/updated Stormcast soon. We also have reason to believe that Destruction are getting more love this edition... Could we be seeing an end-of-edition boxset combining the two? Like a Dominion Pt. 2, featuring more Thunderstrike and Kruleboyz? I want to say there was a rumor about more Sylvaneth or Kurnothi. Could it be that Broken Realms: Alarielle has been reworked to set-off another narrative event or in some way elaborate on the Era of the Beast? Could all these things be related? WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN???

Edited by Magnusaur
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'll hardly say its being partitioned into nothingness, it's getting a entity new range of models. 

I was speaking in terms of the faction's current identity as a melting pot of several old WHFB factions. I don't doubt that the Cities of Sigmar as a faction will stick around, but I could imagine them looking very differently one or two editions down the road.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I agree that Orruk Warclans is getting spread too thin at the moment. Lack of synergy within the book also doesnt help.

Also Gitmob needs to leave Gloomspite asap for the same reasons. So Gloompspite can focus more on Spiderfang.

I'd be happy to see spiderfang leave with gitmob if it meant new models and better rules. The new gitz book helped spiderfang, but they're still going to struggle if you try to play with just spiderfang.
If GW wanted to bother with it I could see them do double duty, similar to stuff like tzaangor, since even in the gitz book they're mentioned to be the odd ones out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was speaking in terms of the faction's current identity as a melting pot of several old WHFB factions. I don't doubt that the Cities of Sigmar as a faction will stick around, but I could imagine them looking very differently one or two editions down the road.

I think you're right. I don't think it will be the end of a multirace army, it just might take some time to get there. 

18 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@The Lost Sigmarite Mugruk da Watcha is his name. As @Ogregut pointed out he was a commemorative series model. 

He's an absolutely fantastic sculpt albeit a bit smaller than the standard swampcalla shammy and was my vote for mini of the year. 

I'm still trying to get one without paying a fortune. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

So, we have Whitefang hinting at more/updated Stormcast soon. We also have reason to believe that Destruction are getting more love this edition... Could we be seeing an end-of-edition boxset combining the two? Like a Dominion Pt. 2, featuring more Thunderstrike and Kruleboyz? I want to say there was a rumor about more Sylvaneth or Kurnothi. Could it be that Broken Realms: Alarielle has been reworked to set-off another narrative event or in some way elaborate on the Era of the Beast? Could all these things be related? WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN???

AoS 4.0 is only a year away, that's relatively 'soon' in the grand scheme of things. I can't see them releasing a new wave of them immediately before the new edition, to then presumably release more with the starter set. Unless of course the plan is to have a different army in there this time, but that seems unlikely since they're still the posterboys for new players. That said, it's far from impossible. 

Before the end of the year we'll probably get the inevitable 'lead up to 4.0' books too. Might be that's when Stormcast see a couple of smaller bits? Between Cities and June 2024 there's space for another army (ALA Soulblight) or another big revamp wave. Could be that's when something Destruction lands? 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Mordeus said:

KB would be better on their own, mixing all three together looks kind of weird on the tabletop without a lot of modelling work. At least IJ and BS have the same physical look and same original design style so they could be made to look like they would be from the same army. 

idk, the idea of orc/orruk WAAAGHs means that your warclans can look as different as possible, because the point is that all of these individual warclans/warbands came together for long enough to become a force of nature (the waaagh). the physical models may not mesh together design wise sure, but the faction itself has reasons to look that way at least.

I always found it weird in WHFB where these Waaaghs would say they brought clans in from all around (hills, forests, caves, plains, etc) and then the only difference in the models is the regular Orcs with Night Goblins and occasionally "regular" goblins. I like that AOS can have 3 unique warclans show up together--their rules for Big Waaagh just need to not suck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

By the way, a very personal guess, but I would bet that the future opponent of Stormcast in the the 4th's launch box will be either Malerion aelfs or Skaven!

Skaven would be the perfect way to end the "Era of Beasts" run and bring us into the new 4.0 era tbqh!!! Especially if the next realm will be Ulgu 👀 Optimally I'd like to see a Stormcast+Cities box fighting against a Skaven incursion.

52 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Could all these things be related? WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN???

you're the one with a Temple Ship, ask the Skink Starseer 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

There are only 3 elven armies. CoS is just a soup of old models waiting to be dismantled and there is not a single aelf key word in the new Sylvaneth battletome and if you count them because they were an integral part of Wood elves then there are 2 orc armies because goblins and trolls were an integral part of Orcs and goblins army. (even in WHFB were spirits just allies of elves, not elves per se) Not that it changes your argument of too many elves, too few orcs, just needed to defend the Sylvaneth:D

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

Could it be that Broken Realms: Alarielle has been reworked to set-off another narrative event or in some way elaborate on the Era of the Beast? Could all these things be related? WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN???

I'm stoked for the end of the Era of the Beast. So many things could happen, my personnal wish is a return of Morghur. There was a Broken Realms short story about a beastlord talking to a mutating human if I remember, and he said that Morghur was coming back. Apparently this was continued in the BoC BT. And Whitefang haha reacted my post on Morghur (I know I say it a lot but I will never shut up about it because it's my greatest achievement here), it means there's happy times ahead for the beasty bois. 

Or it could be something else entirely. GW has dropped so many teases. This beastly edition will have a wild ending, I'm sure about that.

• Like 6

Malerion's forces should definitely be a seperate army for me. DoK have their own thing going on, Malerion and Morathi seem to be, at best, disinterested neighbours and really if the only argument that they should be in the same book is that they were in WHFB... well, that seems like a prettty poor argument to me.

New Stormcast are a bit of a meh to me. Stormcast are my biggest collection and a masive army as is, they'd have to do something pretty special to get me excited about more of them and tbh Thunderstrike versions of old models are really not it.

Still kinda hoping we get a new Destruction faction to top off the Era of the Beast... I'm not likely to play them... but it'd be cool nonetheless.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1