The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, ArcLight said:

Bloodborne is actually one of the least obtuse of the games and has been dissected pretty thoroughly by this point. What are you thinking of that people haven't been able to answer?

(Apologies for going a bit off topic, this just happens to be my favourite topic!)

Well, while most of it is explained, there are lots of things were people have to make educated guesses that can change a lot of the details. Also, I don‘t think you should need to watch deep-dives into the lore to get a proper understanding of it, that‘s just not in the best interest of most players and thus in a way bad storytelling.

E.g.: why is queen yarnham both alive in chalice dungeons and dead in the hunter‘s nightmare? What is the moon‘s presence/flora‘s ultimate goal other than killing other great ones - which is a stupid motivation as it can‘t kill formless odeon/mergo anyways? Why is ebrietas mourning rom or what appears to be rom? The particular state of the nanny was also a point of discussion to many. And then there‘s Mergo too. 

if the old hunters was all about kos (or some say kos‘m awoooooooo) and its dead child, making the main story about odeon‘s kiddy mergo blends stuff together too…

lots of people even get confused when it comes to the main human background characters, their teachings and functions. E.g. Wilhelm, Micolash, Ludwig… while I think that particular point is pretty clear, people still struggle to make true sense of it. The whole limbo aspect/multiple timelines doesn‘t make it easier for new players to get it all either. 

I love Bloodborne but its storytelling is convoluted at best. There‘s like a 100 pages pdf to explain the story and that isn‘t even fully correct -  I think I got it but it took me a few playthroughs and reading lots of theories to really put it together. Not sure your typical gamer cares for that.

what it does do is make you think about it more than you otherwise would.

but it‘s like the whole godwyn story in elden ring. Yes, most of it can be put together but some things will stay educated guesses unless they confirm it. E.g. face below stormveil which likely is just deathroot imitating his actual corpse… anyways, my point stands. A couple more definite answers would help players to appreciate it even more without being annoying due to overexposition.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As someone who has toed the line of BOC for decades(!?) Ive finally taken the plunge and nabbed the Beastlord. I too am hoping for them to be updated at some point, even if its next Edition.

You're quite brave to do that... I wouldn't buy myself a BoC army in this day and age. The mainline kits are too dated to me. If I were to play BoC, I would only have the Beastlord, Bray Shaman, Dragon Ogors, Cygor/Ghorghon, Slaangors and the Tzaangors kits. The rest of the line imo don't old up in 2023. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingKull said:

I don't know man, I just love Wild Hunt, Orion/Kurnos and everything that has to do with that concept.

After Lizard, wood elves were my first Warhammer models and the faction that I spent the most time playing in my hobby history.

Don’t get me wrong, I too hope for a Wild Hunt type faction. In mythology it’s just the coolest thing imaginable, an army of pagan deities/damned souls lead by legendary king is just awesome. I don’t doubt we’ll see the Kurnothi again, but it’ll be a long time from now as we get another Lumineth expansion.

EDIT: I'VE GOTTEN AN @Whitefang REACT!!!!! IT'S A LAUGH EMOTE BUT STILL!!!!!

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

At this point not much left to talk about lizzy

I think we just need to wait

but

military-middle-ages-infantry-burgundian-footsoldier-circa-1440-additional-CP20X3.jpg

Oh I have an inkling I know what that leads to.

unknown.png

image0.jpg

hmmmm…..

image0.jpg

Thanks for the rumors as always! Looks like some possible great stuff to spice up the Realm of Beasts!

fingers crossed the Flesh-Eater Courts and Kurnothi beast-aelves are as glorious as we hope and Ironjawz get some love!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Getting caught up with the last few pages, and now I’m getting pretty hyped to see next week’s reveals!  I play SBGL, so fingers crossed on the new tome reveal, and hopefully some new toys, next week.

However, Whitefang’s FEC hints are what I find most exciting!  They’ve got great lore, and I would like to collect a small army.  If they get some great new minis this year I might have to take the plunge.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Flippy said:

The text allows for both interpretations; I think we should not choose the one that is clearly unintended as it would lead to absurd results.

Oh yeah, +15 damage and -15 rend is an obvious oversight. That's why I figure we'll get a day 1 FAQ on it. Something like 'If this general has issued any commands to a different...'. It's just funny to take the obvious mistake from GW to the maximum silliness. 

Im really excited to see all these rumours. Im sure Fec and CoS will look great.  Im a bit unsure about what Destruction will get for a second wave. It could be any of the subfactions really. I hope Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang will get some love this time. Snarlfang hero would be great too.

I also just bought the Sylvaneth tome and still need to read up on the lore. But what are we expecting from Kurnothi? I am hoping for more units like Qulathis as im a huge fan of the Wood Elves, but i dont think its likely they will return to AoS with ToW around the corner. Maybe more units like the Underworlds warband? Or something totally new? 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Well, while most of it is explained, there are lots of things were people have to make educated guesses that can change a lot of the details. Also, I don‘t think you should need to watch deep-dives into the lore to get a proper understanding of it, that‘s just not in the best interest of most players and thus in a way bad storytelling.

E.g.: why is queen yarnham both alive in chalice dungeons and dead in the hunter‘s nightmare? What is the moon‘s presence/flora‘s ultimate goal other than killing other great ones - which is a stupid motivation as it can‘t kill formless odeon/mergo anyways? Why is ebrietas mourning rom or what appears to be rom? The particular state of the nanny was also a point of discussion to many. And then there‘s Mergo too. 

if the old hunters was all about kos (or some say kos‘m awoooooooo) and its dead child, making the main story about odeon‘s kiddy mergo blends stuff together too…

lots of people even get confused when it comes to the main human background characters, their teachings and functions. E.g. Wilhelm, Micolash, Ludwig… while I think that particular point is pretty clear, people still struggle to make true sense of it. The whole limbo aspect/multiple timelines doesn‘t make it easier for new players to get it all either. 

I love Bloodborne but its storytelling is convoluted at best. There‘s like a 100 pages pdf to explain the story and that isn‘t even fully correct -  I think I got it but it took me a few playthroughs and reading lots of theories to really put it together. Not sure your typical gamer cares for that.

what it does do is make you think about it more than you otherwise would.

but it‘s like the whole godwyn story in elden ring. Yes, most of it can be put together but some things will stay educated guesses unless they confirm it. E.g. face below stormveil which likely is just deathroot imitating his actual corpse… anyways, my point stands. A couple more definite answers would help players to appreciate it even more without being annoying due to overexposition.

That's fair, there's definitely a lot of detail that is 'confirmed only in the sense that people have made educated guesses that make sense and fit with the other lore. I agree on the vagueness in Elden Ring and I think there's a lot there left to be explored. It'll be interesting to see what the dlc covers or expands on.

56 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I also just bought the Sylvaneth tome and still need to read up on the lore. But what are we expecting from Kurnothi? I am hoping for more units like Qulathis as im a huge fan of the Wood Elves, but i dont think its likely they will return to AoS with ToW around the corner. Maybe more units like the Underworlds warband? Or something totally new? 

Going by the tome it should be more Kurnothi closer to the warband since that’s the purpose of the kurnotheal islands they were put on. Make them closer to their fallen god by mutating them into his favorite beasts.

So far Qulathis is an outlier. Like she’s not even in the tome but the beast-aelf warband are.

(wouldn’t be Too surprised if she was just an earlier design concept, the Cursed City rumors actually started around 2017 for what would come after Shadows over Hammerhal WQ with talk about a boardgame focused on Death and Nagash. So she might predate the Satyrs and then they went that direction in development)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Elbaf said:

News from Valrak stream, it won't be Cities of Sigmar at adepticon finally but the rest of Lizardmen ( cities will be later in the year) that's less surprising

but hype from the new rumors we just got here !

I mean, with Whitefang hinting towards CoS I can't imagine us not getting ANY Cities reveals. Leaning towards Underworlds Warband or first full proper AoS mini reveal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elbaf said:

News from Valrak stream, it won't be Cities of Sigmar at adepticon finally but the rest of Lizardmen ( cities will be later in the year) that's less surprising

but hype from the new rumors we just got here !

Airhorn noises went off in my head when I read this. Thanks for scoop! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

What Seraphon or possible Seraphon Rumour Engines do we have left? Kroxigor club for sure, but isn't there also still a feathers one and a spear?

Really hope we get new Saurus Knights, and that their cavalry slot isn't being totally taken by the new riding Skinks.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

Ah you think we're just going to see the Krox, Saurus cavalry and Temple Guard at Adepticon then?

It's entitled but I would be slightly disappointed, only because we've been getting the Seraphon reveals most Mondays and would be happy for that to continue. Save Adepticon for something completely new. Hope it's not a rehash of everything revealed so far with an army box.

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

What Seraphon or possible Seraphon Rumour Engines do we have left? Kroxigor club for sure, but isn't there also still a feathers one and a spear?

Since Whitefang said that there isn't much left for Seraphon, I think (apart from the guaranteed Kroxigors), we have something involving Skinks left (skink hand holding some magical cup RE), and maybe another Saurus themed reveal (cavalry? Saurus Guard options for the Warrior kit?)

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You're quite brave to do that... I wouldn't buy myself a BoC army in this day and age. The mainline kits are too dated to me. If I were to play BoC, I would only have the Beastlord, Bray Shaman, Dragon Ogors, Cygor/Ghorghon, Slaangors and the Tzaangors kits. The rest of the line imo don't old up in 2023. 

Completely agree. Im holding out for updated Gors and Ungors and am hoping that the last Warcry Boxed set or at least next seasons contains a Warband of them.

Ok so to clarify @Whitefang glorious accounts we will have;

Ossiarch Bonereapers single Hero release.

Saurus Knights and Kroxigors possibly last of the Seraphon line.

Cities of Sigmar coming soon.

Kurnothi in some form in the future.

Flesh Eater Courts with a Mid-Large Sized Wave.

Destruction has more to look forward to this Edition!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im holding out for updated Gors and Ungors and am hoping that the last Warcry Boxed set or at least next seasons contains a Warband of them.

I've been thinking about it. What BoC unit would do the best to be redone as a Warcry band ? To me, it's the Bestigors. They're special enough to warrant a Warcry box, instead of Gors and Ungors who you need to keep (~) cheap (money wise) because they're your battleline. Whereas Bestigors ? They're elite, they're independant, could use diversity in their minis, they would fit right in Warcry. 

• LOVE IT! 1