The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

I'm all for that. If they get the Kurnoth Hunter treatment I'd be thrilled. Two different melee options and a ranged option? Gosh that'd be sweet. Not counting on it, but it'd be nice.

I'm starting to doubt a launch box as well. It's still possible, as we're not even halfway through March yet, but we'll see by Adepticon I'm sure.

If Valrak is saying they're going to reveal a Cities of Sigmar box set, then that makes me think that a Seraphon launch box ain't happening. They didn't do a launch box for World Eaters, so it's not like every update is gunna get something like that. 

If not a launch box, hopefully the new Vanguard box will be a really good one.

I just cannot help but really doubt what Valrak said is true, just cannot see them announcing an entire box like that, with virtually zero leadup and a major refresh still to go. And this isn't just because I desperately want a Seraphon box! 😂

As @Asbestress said, perhaps he was getting confused with the Underworld announce (he after all doesn't care at all about AoS).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

As @Asbestress said, perhaps he was getting confused with the Underworld announce (he after all doesn't care at all about AoS).

This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully a Cities Underworld squad will give us a first glimpse of Dawnbringers.

I'd love it to be a mixed humans, dwarves and elves band.

But it'll probably be more humie witch Hunters.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Although I'm still skeptical about Cities being next week, having seen the sheer confidence with which Valrak just dropped this ("there, just spoiled Adepticon fer ya") gives me some hope 😛

It would also fit with the suspicious lack of Dawnbringer Previews recently (previous ones had 52-54 days between them, now we have passed the 70 day mark since the one in January), although I'll still just be expecting some lizards and maybe a Cities warband.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, EntMan said:

This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully a Cities Underworld squad will give us a first glimpse of Dawnbringers.

I'd love it to be a mixed humans, dwarves and elves band.

But it'll probably be more humie witch Hunters.

A multi race warband would be just amazing (Dispossessed gunner/hammerer? Privateer quick attacker?), although at this point I'll just be happy with it just not being another Witch Hunter and co.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

44 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Although I'm still skeptical about Cities being next week, having seen the sheer confidence with which Valrak just dropped this ("there, just spoiled Adepticon fer ya") gives me some hope 😛

It would also fit with the suspicious lack of Dawnbringer Previews recently (previous ones had 52-54 days between them, now we have passed the 70 day mark since the one in January), although I'll still just be expecting some lizards and maybe a Cities warband.

Where is this video? I'm curious to see what he had to say?

14 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Cities bit at 16:00

Cool thanks. He really is annoyingly dismissive at times but he seems very confident about Cities. Though I'm curious why he knows that detail of a preview show but doesn't seem so certain on the 40k stuff. Previews are much less set in stone than release dates, which in turn are more flexible than the overall production cycle. I'm pretty certain that a Cities launch box is coming eventually but gw could change the reveals they have planned at the last minute if they wanted to. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm pretty certain that a Cities launch box is coming eventually 

If I remember correctly, Whitefang had reacted positively to this rumour (from Valrak, already him).

On the Adepticon preview, he's so dismissive of AoS that I wouldn't be surprised if he intentionally gave bad info (or didn't care at all to check his info). Answer in 10 days (or even a little less if there are the usual teaser images on facebook the previous days) !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I wonder what kind of dinosaur their appearance will be modeled after. I sort of hope it's not all "generic T.rex/theropod heads" and they do more varied looking Kroxi heads.

About the double kit, maybe we could get Kroxigors with their big clubs (aka the spanking paddles as TWW players say) or the powerfist variant from also TWW.

Here's hoping for pachycephalosaurus shieldbreaker cavalry and ubirajara jubatus riding scouts.

I also want other archosaurs, like bipedal crocodiles or giants like Hatzogopterix, and all the weird and wonderful things of the triassic.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Here's hoping for pachycephalosaurus shieldbreaker cavalry and ubirajara jubatus riding scouts.

I also want other archosaurs, like bipedal crocodiles or giants like Hatzogopterix, and all the weird and wonderful things of the triassic.

My dude with the great dino selection. I was hoping the skink cavalry was going to be on Pachycephalosaurus but I am very pleased with the Raptodons. 

I don't believe Yubirajara was described yet by the time they would have started the design work on the new Seraphon. 

I'm hoping the Kroxigor are chimeric with their dinosaur influences. I know the old kits had Stegosaurus like thagomizers and more theropod-esque heads, so I'd like to see that pushed more.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpg

My first impression is something Aelven due to the runes (though they're not as round), probably arrows. Doesn't look like any existing arrows that I can find though.

Maybe the first part of Lumineth wave 3 revealed next wednesday?

Edited by Snarff

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpg

Probably not Lumineth, it looks too scuffed up for that/Lumineth runes are more flowing and complicated than just one line shapes.
Probably not DoK/other Aelves because we just got a warband for them.

Dare I say Cities magic crossbow bolts for Freeguild Crossbows/Order of Azyr/CoS Warband?

Most likely for new Tzeentch Warband or Warcry Slaanesh I think (although these don't seem to be Chaos runes based on examples we've seen too far, but the "more refined than Chaos Barbarians but less than Lumineth" would fit for DoT and/or Hedonites)

GW does have a history of posting REs before events that get revealed at said event (the 2 before the Warhammer World Open got revealed there (Snikrot and Khorne Hero)).

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Could these be COS related? Or dare I say...Fyreslayers?

I really doubt it is Fyreslayers, the runes don't match. I'd expect more of a flame motif as well and the crafting style doesn't scream Duardin. It's too elegant compared to the CoS weapons previewed so far too IMO.

Anything for Fyreslayers I'll take though.

• Like 1

Collected some REs that I think will be revealed in the next 1-2 weeks (regarding AoS)

Spoiler

2022-06-28.jpg

Tzeentch Underworlds Warband?

Spoiler

2022-09-13.jpg

The fabled Gallet Incarnate?

SERAPHON WONDER-HOUR

1. Foot Hero?
2. Skink Character?
3. Kroxigors
4. Foot Hero/Skink Character?
5. Saurus Guard bits in Saurus kit?

Spoiler

2022-10-11.jpg

Spoiler

2023-01-10.jpg

Spoiler

2023-01-31.jpg

Spoiler

2023-02-07.jpg

Spoiler

2022-05-10.jpg

SERAPHON WONDER-HOUR END

PROBABLY NOT CITIES OF SIGMAR BUT I REALLY WANT THEM TO BE

1. Warband infantry/Freeguild Guard?
2. Warband leader duardin priest-wizard/Duardin Battlmage? (not tech-y enough to be Votann)

Spoiler

2023-01-03.jpg

Spoiler

2023-03-07.jpg

PROBABLY NOT CITIES OF SIGMAR BUT I REALLY WANT THEM TO BE END

I've not included the presumably FEC and other Chaos related stuff as I think that's a bit farther out

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silphid said:

Chaos dwarf in total war saddens me as it somewhat kills the odds we see their incarnation in AoS. It does open the door for the Old World return, but lest be honest before new chaos dwarf kits come out it will be many years, probably after the initial enthousiasm for the old world and well into the dark years of dividing  the fantasy community in two, hurthing both. Those will be dark times…

Chaos dwarves are a "when" not an "if" for AoS. outside of the little background snippets about them in the lore we have both the Horns of Hashut warcry warband, which confirms hashut is still around in the mortal realms, and hobgrot slittas in kruleboyz who work as intermediaries between the kruleboyz and the hobgrot's "dark masters". The hobgrots armor and weapons do not at all match the rest of the Kruleboy line, and they even have grenades. 

Who knows when they're coming, but they definitely are.

• Like 3