The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Grozziks Gouge (looks squigly)

🤔 Sounds grotish... my bets on a full unit like the loonkings court. 

(Prefer a destro band in this order)

Kruleboyz 

Ironjawz  Ardboyz but in a new aesthetic like kruliez. 

Gitmob

Gloomiez

Ogors

I guess if you want to throw Bonesplitterz or some out of nowhere surpise like fimir then have at it geedubs. 

Edit: just saw a fuzzy pic of icons. Grozziks gouge looks like a kruleboyz shield!...😶🤪🤘🥳🤘

Edited by Vasshpit

Loving the new map. A lot going on in Gnarlwood!  Cant wait to see how this all ends. 

All the Warcry boxes are always sold out after a short while, i'm glad it hasnt become a fomo thing yet and i hope it stays that way. Warcry is in a good place at the moment (thats what i think at least).

• Like 2

I personally find it a liiiiiiittle frustrating that GW tend to get a bit hyperfocused on one specific part of a humongous map for such a long period of time. I'd personally prefer snippets of places all over, but I get that the point of this is to show a particular conflict, much like they've done with Vigilus in 40k.

It's also quite a departure from WHFB where there'd be well-defined countries and borders and cities. This feels more like a bunch of random encampments, maybe a temple or a tower or something, but basically little dug-outs that these factions have established to hide/rest in when not fighting. 

• Like 7

Come to think of it, with Warcry...

Wasn't the whole idea that a lot of these warbands for the Gnarlwood season supposed to be going into the big crashed Seraphon ship? We've gotten more of the bamboo and muscle-tree terrain but we haven't seen them delve deeper into that ship or talk about anything that's inside of it, just the Chameleon skinks that are guarding it. 

10 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

Come to think of it, with Warcry...

Wasn't the whole idea that a lot of these warbands for the Gnarlwood season supposed to be going into the big crashed Seraphon ship? We've gotten more of the bamboo and muscle-tree terrain but we haven't seen them delve deeper into that ship or talk about anything that's inside of it, just the Chameleon skinks that are guarding it. 

The next box in May is the final one of this season so maybe next season sees it set inside the ship. 

Personally, I don't see that happening as it limits the use and appeal of the terrain. 

I could see the next season of Underworlds set inside a crashed lizard an ship which is semi sentient and tries to kills anyone who wants to plunder its secrets. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Draznak said:

If that's true, then we should have a little something on Monday (with pre-order announcement on the 19th and pre-order on the 25th).

Remember also this sentence from last monday (in article of saurus astrolith bearer) :

Note that they did not write seraphon but AoS in general...

So in the last 24h there bin rumors of picture of SBGL and Bonereapers box art and OK release rumors this weekend is great!

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The next box in May is the final one of this season so maybe next season sees it set inside the ship. 

Personally, I don't see that happening as it limits the use and appeal of the terrain. 

I could see the next season of Underworlds set inside a crashed lizard an ship which is semi sentient and tries to kills anyone who wants to plunder its secrets. 

If they go into the ship it could turn into what Kill Team is doing right now with their space hulk terrain. Though for Kill Team you can also use it for 40k Boarding Action games where void battles are pretty common while a setting inside a Seraphon ship isn't as universally usable in AoS

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

If they go into the ship it could turn into what Kill Team is doing right now with their space hulk terrain. Thought for Kill Team you can also use it for 40k Boarding Action games where void battles are pretty common while a setting inside a Seraphon ship isn't as universally usable in AoS

Could be fighting through ancient ruins uncovered by the crashed ship. 

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

They could also be aiming to tie the proper discovery of the ship / delving into more closely with the timing of the Seraphon battletome release itself. 

• Like 1

To be honest they could have pieces of the crashed space ship as the bigger terrain-pieces in a box. They have some small ruin-pieces in the box so should be no problem to make som bigger ones.

After the first box i choose to not buy the next boxes since the terrain was so similar to the first box. So far I have likes the warbands enough that I would have bought the boxes if they would have some different terrain compared to the first box.

Of course, by now the terrain is already produced so we will just have to wait and see how the terrain is in the 4th box.

31 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

-Blue: Tzeentch VS Seraphon changes

- Red: Khorne vs Soulblight changes

mapa_warcry~2.jpg

So they added the Soulblight symbol in the sundered fate and now they added the keuleboyz symbol with Blood hunt? Maybe it is a indicative that the nightmare quest will be Keuleboyz vs Slaanesh?

5 hours ago, Matrindur said:

If they go into the ship it could turn into what Kill Team is doing right now with their space hulk terrain. Though for Kill Team you can also use it for 40k Boarding Action games where void battles are pretty common while a setting inside a Seraphon ship isn't as universally usable in AoS

Well warcry had something similar with the catacombs expansion, which was kit oddly has there wasn't further development of that "dungeon fighting" gameplay after that expansion. Maybe the next warcry season will comeback to that idea while inside the Seraphon ship/temple.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

So they added the Soulblight symbol in the sundered fate and now they added the keuleboyz symbol with Blood hunt? Maybe it is a indicative that the nightmare quest will be Keuleboyz vs Slaanesh?

Well warcry had something similar with the catacombs expansion, which was kit oddly has there wasn't further development of that "dungeon fighting" gameplay after that expansion. Maybe the next warcry season will comeback to that idea while inside the Seraphon ship/temple.

I think catacombs was really underrated and fun. Would love another version tbh.

15 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Theres a new icon on the map, Grozziks gouge. 

Sounds like a destro warband hint to me. 🤞

LETS GOOO!!

14 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Aye, couple new bits.

• Grozziks Gouge (looks squigly)
  • Drake's Rest (Stormcast and/or Canadian rapper's newest venue)
  • Pillars of Jade (in The Wyrdlights, Jade Obelisk associated)
  • Metzlpota's Gaze (lizzies?)
  • The Sundered Scales (also lizzies?)
  • Askurgan Bone-monasteries (funny that Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt is confirmed to not be associated with the Bloodhunt box)

GnarlwoodMapUpdate.jpg.8dd8e1f67d8034a98228cbff658f077c.jpg

Canadian Rappers newest Venue made me laugh so hard I woke my wife from a nap.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder what ever happened to that Ogor Warcry Warband rumour? Was it even a rumour or did my hopium just flow over?

The War Cry fluff talked about Ogre Butchers a whole lot.

I think there was some talk of a new plastic Butcher floating around the time of the Mawtribes book too.

Nothing specific about actual rumours, I think. Just educated guesswork and speculation.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/12/sunday-preview-reinforce-the-astra-militarum-and-prepare-for-the-black-library-celebration/

Tomorrow the KO model (a model that loves books)

Edit: The list

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Gloomspite dices?
Beasts of Chaos dices & warscroll cards?
Special Darkoath
Regiments of Renown
Summer Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith and much more

Warcry
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Morathi Aelves + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
Contemptor Dreadnought
Heads 1 & 2
Daemon Assassin

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Combat Patrol, Rough Riders, Commissar
Special Commissar
World Eaters Combat Patrol
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Strike Force Agastus
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding Boxes CSM, Tyranids, Grey Knights, Necrons, Genestealers, Daemons, Death Guard, Mechanicus

Kill Team 

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Puggy and Cindy

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

From the pre order article today:

Next week on Warhammer Community we’ll be exploring the Black Library Celebration, revealing a new miniature who also absolutely loves books, and showing you more of the new Astra Militarum releases.

Looks like we are getting the books rumor engine finally! And hopefully it will be a KO hero and a new tome.

• Like 1