The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

If you want to wait 9 more years - go on. I'll be more then happy to play united duardin faction. From lore standpoint it's clear that duardins are directed to Khazalid Empire rebuilding. Maybe GW will change their mind but right now the main idea for the future of duardins is unification. And I can't see any indication that GW have any plans to expand KO and/or FS model line.

I think the evidence is contrary to that actually.  A divided but allied Duardinbrsce is hinted at way more than what youve suggested.  This is better for lore and tabletop in my opinion.

There is definitely issues with their model lines right now. FS are not popular enough on the tabletop but are integral to the setting . They need a soft reboot to allow more model diversity. KO are a great looking faction but would like to see another wave. I think a cogfort/greyeater fastness/ironweld battletome will come one day as an expansion to the free cities in a different than way we're expecting dawnbringers. This will hopefully out Duardin at the forefront but unfortunately it's years off and doesn't help anything now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cofaxest said:

If you want to wait 9 more years - go on. I'll be more then happy to play united duardin faction. From lore standpoint it's clear that duardins are directed to Khazalid Empire rebuilding. Maybe GW will change their mind but right now the main idea for the future of duardins is unification. And I can't see any indication that GW have any plans to expand KO and/or FS model line.

It's actually the opposite. Most skyports and lodges don't acknowledge Grungi, and all attempts at unity so far ended in failure. Optional soup seems more likely.

There was also 0 indication of a Seraphon expansion until Kroak. I'll patiently wait for my two armies to get proper expansions rather than being stuffed in soup and forgotten like Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Snarff said:

Orruks just got Kruleboyz which does nothing for Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz only players. They just have to share their tome with yet another faction now, so less lore and fluff and more need for balance around the Orruk soup rather than the individual armies.

well, wait until you see....

• Like 16
  • LOVE IT! 11

37 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It's actually the opposite. Most skyports and lodges don't acknowledge Grungi, and all attempts at unity so far ended in failure. Optional soup seems more likely.

There was also 0 indication of a Seraphon expansion until Kroak. I'll patiently wait for my two armies to get proper expansions rather than being stuffed in soup and forgotten like Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders.

We already have Karag with KO FS and Dispossessed living together and Grombrindal returning have only one purpouse - reuniting all duardins. So it's up to you, but I'm feeling that being ready for big duardin tome is more profitable on a long run. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

We already have Karag with KO FS and Dispossessed living together and Grombrindal returning have only one purpouse - reuniting all duardins. So it's up to you, but I'm feeling that being ready for big duardin tome is more profitable on a long run. 

That one from the end of the Grombrindal novel? With unknown fate and led by a Fyrealayer after the other leaders died? Sounds super united and steady to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

That one from the end of the Grombrindal novel? With unknown fate and led by a Fyrealayer after the other leaders died? Sounds super united and steady to me.

Not steady but united for sure. Runedaughter, son of warden king and KO company leader are alive. Runeforge is powered and maintained by KO khemists, Dispossessed engineers and FS priests. They survived the everwinter only because they work together to empower the runeforge. 

• Like 1

I want new Ironjawz but would definitely be up for a warcry warband.

I'm kind of wondering what if anything is going on with Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt. Not that all of these map icons have to be warbands, but it seems weird to have gotten a boxset called Bloodhunt without them.

Edited by Akylas

37 minutes ago, Akylas said:

I want new Ironjawz but would definitely be up for a warcry warband.

I'm kind of wondering what if anything is going on with Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt. Not that all of these map icons have to be warbands, but it seems weird to have gotten a boxset called Bloodhunt without them.

I mean the Warcry warband for Soulblight in Bloodhunt are vampires who hunt predators in Ghur to drink their blood and resist their bestial nature. So it could well be them. Or a warband from the next Underworlds set.

So... we're expecting that the last Warcry box will have Slaanesh cultists versus something, yes? It would fit the pattern so far. 

But then others are thinking that it might be Beasts of Chaos vs Spider Grots, due to an old rumor that suggested we were getting new models for those factions?