The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I happen to follow claybeast's Patreon, he has some really solid sculpts. If you have a chance, you should look again at his fallen beasts line, He's got a whole plethora of minotaurs, and some really neat shoggoth/dragon ogor stand-ins

Clay Beast Creation

And I use his Flying Terrors in my Soulblight Gravelords force

Undead flying terrors fell bats A from Clay Beast Creation 3D image 1

Yeah I think his dragon ogres are good. I just find a lot of the beasts uncomfortably top heavy or potbellied for my liking. Pigs and ogors sure but why are the centaurs fat too? Are they not running around as one of the fastest units in the whole army? And dont get me started on the ghorgon proxy.

His avian tzaangor proxies are amazing (I'd definitely go winged over disks) but at the same time his avian shaman has such a tiny head. 

16 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yeah I think his dragon ogres are good. I just find a lot of the beasts uncomfortably top heavy or potbellied for my liking. Pigs and ogors sure but why are the centaurs fat too? Are they not running around as one of the fastest units in the whole army? And dont get me started on the ghorgon proxy.

His avian tzaangor proxies are amazing (I'd definitely go winged over disks) but at the same time his avian shaman has such a tiny head. 

I don't mind the potbellied aspect of the centigor thingys, as to me they look more like a humanoid torso on a bulls body, which is more thematic to the beasts of chaos. Traditional horse based centaurs belong over in the Kurnothi (and apparently as Destruction godlings). Also if your a World of Warcraft fan, they have more of a Mannaroth type vibe, like something natural that's been twisted and bloated by daemonic forces. Less of a classic perfectly proportioned greek myth aesthetic, and more of a warped by chaos vibe. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

heard a rumor next Gh they will get rid of initiative, and then it will last a year until next edition

Dosnt seem really reliable tho

I think that came from a clickbait YouTuber. Regardless, I hope its not true. 

23 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Love this! With how the year has started with loads of releases I can see TOW coming this year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

So this was part of the article.... What are some reveals we wouldnt be expecting? 

BoC model refresh or fully plastic line for existing armies? Joking aside, I'm just going to say Chorfs because my brain is broken from all the hopium (and copium) as of late.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

So this was part of the article.... What are some reveals we wouldnt be expecting? 
Full Old World reveal? - Kislev?
New AoS Faction - Malarions Umbraneth, Chaos Duradin, Fimir?

image.png.e33e984ce64d773974ee2e3752abfd66.png

Dissapointment and more overhyping of old world that won’t be release in the next two years but old world grogs will still think it the next slice of bread

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

if you cut the ? and everything after it you will remove the facebook tracker :) not only do they suck in general but they make URLs terrible

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/18/celebrate-40-years-of-warhammer-with-a-year-long-showcase-of-seminal-miniatures/

• Like 2

Forgeworld discontinuing the AoS products, Warhammer World setting up a specifically Warhammer Fantasy exhibition and the community post today... The Old World might be much closer than anticipated. Forgeworld could be shifting its production over from the Monstrous Arcanum models they had to Old World pieces. 

This seems like a lot of things leading to more Old World stuff than what I was expecting for the year. I really didn't think they were going to do much with ToW until October for the official birthday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm still amazed the old world is coming back at all. I can't imagine them supporting yet another tabletop fantasy wargame when they already have AoS out there. Why split your audience? OR do they really think that many old players (who dont currently play Aos) will come creeping out of the woodwork to support an entirely new game line? I think we're all imagining modern AoS scale sculpts on square bases, but part of me worries it will be some weird smaller scale, (like epic) or some strange niche game. I HOPE its a full army game, and I can use the models in AOS as well, but best not to get my hopes up.

And they are not doing themselves any favors with the secrecy they've surrounded the project with. Heck, they could have done a "Bretonnia Kickstarter", told us the models they were going to make, and generated enough funds in a month to fund the entire army development and release. Lots of hype, lots of community support. Instead we get three years of crumbs and guesswork. 

On a related note, a friend handed me a toolbox full of old metal and plastic Brettonnia figures. There's some fun old sculpts in there I think Ill ressurect, especially the mounted heroes. 

5 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'm still amazed the old world is coming back at all. I can't imagine them supporting yet another tabletop fantasy wargame when they already have AoS out there. Why split your audience? OR do they really think that many old players (who dont currently play Aos) will come creeping out of the woodwork to support an entirely new game line? I think we're all imagining modern AoS scale sculpts on square bases, but part of me worries it will be some weird smaller scale, (like epic) or some strange niche game. I HOPE its a full army game, and I can use the models in AOS as well, but best not to get my hopes up.

And they are not doing themselves any favors with the secrecy they've surrounded the project with. Heck, they could have done a "Bretonnia Kickstarter", told us the models they were going to make, and generated enough funds in a month to fund the entire army development and release. Lots of hype, lots of community support. Instead we get three years of crumbs and guesswork. 

On a related note, a friend handed me a toolbox full of old metal and plastic Brettonnia figures. There's some fun old sculpts in there I think Ill ressurect, especially the mounted heroes. 

Pretty sure WarCom articles have stated it's same scale as the rest of Warhammer, and square bases.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I'm still amazed the old world is coming back at all. I can't imagine them supporting yet another tabletop fantasy wargame when they already have AoS out there. Why split your audience?

Well if they think they can support 30k and 40k without too much cannibalization of their own audience, they probably see AoS and ToW the same way.  Plus, I think if ToW stays as a rank&flank game, and AoS stays on it's circle bases, the gameplay itself is likely to be different enough to avoid too much overlap in audience.  

1 hour ago, Ferban said:

Well if they think they can support 30k and 40k without too much cannibalization of their own audience, they probably see AoS and ToW the same way.  Plus, I think if ToW stays as a rank&flank game, and AoS stays on it's circle bases, the gameplay itself is likely to be different enough to avoid too much overlap in audience.  

We know that they were content to run 40k and 30k side by side for years whilst 30k was confined to just expensive resin kits. We also know that they make back the cost of most kits very quickly. So they probably have a good idea to what degree they can balance TOW alongside the other games. And there's definitely people interested too.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ferban said:

Yep, I will definitely still collect armies for both. I still have my Fantasy Chaos army, faithfully stuck to their squares, alongside Khorne, Maggotkin and StD armies for AoS.

• Like 3

From what they have already said, they will be cherry picking the best bits from each edition of fantasy. 

I'm hoping they do away with hordes and have 20 as being a standard large unit. 

By the end of 8th edition, every army looked the same, 1-2 large deathstar horde units and a couple of small throwaway units. 

I want an army to have 3-4 units of 15-20 warriors backed up by a war machine or 2, a small unit of hard hitting cavalry and maybe a monster. 

Let's have around 80 - 100 models on the board and look like an army rather than 100 models on the board in 2 units. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I can't imagine them supporting yet another tabletop fantasy wargame when they already have AoS out there. Why split your audience? OR do they really think that many old players (who dont currently play Aos) will come creeping out of the woodwork to support an entirely new game line?

Imo, I'm really excited for TOW. I'm an AoS player/fan, but I'm just curious to see a new incarnation of Fantasy.

Let's see how it ends.

• Like 2

I thoroughly expect there to be a good influx of new and returning players with the Old World, the shear success of Total Warhammer alone, you have people who just don't like AoS, currently active in the hobby and genuinely waiting for Fantasy to come. You have people like me who can't wait for both and for more models to use in AoS, good times ahead.

• Like 2

I just hope ToW won't bring down the AoS aesthetic. I love the wacky, over the top, super high fantasy vibes that AoS brings, and I'm afraid they'll diminish that just to pull in more Oldworld players. Or that there are going to be kits designed for both systems that won't fit AoS due to their more toned-down historical looks rather than Fish Aelves, Fire/Sky Duardin, etc.

The stuck in the past oldworld players are also not usually the nicest or progressive folks from what I've experienced.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

35 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I just hope ToW won't bring down the AoS aesthetic. I love the wacky, over the top, super high fantasy vibes that AoS brings, and I'm afraid they'll diminish that just to pull in more Oldworld players. Or that there are going to be kits designed for both systems that won't fit AoS due to their more toned-down historical looks rather than Fish Aelves, Fire/Sky Duardin, etc.

The stuck in the past oldworld players are also not usually the nicest or progressive folks from what I've experienced.

Looks at Soulblight Gravelords, which outside of the Vengorian Lord is literally just updated sculpts for Vampire Counts. Aaaand the refresh of StD, which is also just classic Warriors of Chaos.

• Like 5