The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I can see that but some context would have been nice. Here is a faction with a mushroom, cave, squig, and troll theme but out of no where they toss in mongolian wolf riders who dont fit anywhere in the faction theme.

I must agree. Models are great tho same like underworlds warband but they really dont fit there. Would be cool if that is merc unit for whole destruction, light fast cavalary could be a thing for most factions in destro.

33 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

So why did both HH and 40k get stills of the models with semi-explanations in their articles, yet AOS got nothing similar..? No still pictures of the models and no vague description for them like the other two... only the same generic roadmaps we've seen for a few months now.

My guess would be that rumors go out of control in the 40k Sphere, and they need to do the bare minimum to quell them before they go out of hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

I can see that but some context would have been nice. Here is a faction with a mushroom, cave, squig, and troll theme but out of no where they toss in mongolian wolf riders who dont fit anywhere in the faction theme.

It also has spiderfang. Minus the grots there is no relation there. I view it as just another sub faction and think they they fit just fine as another culture of grots. However I will agree that it is strange to expand into another subfaction with only one kit... 🤔

Also did anyone watch "the painting phase" vid where peachy explains a little about what happened with cursed city? Basically a lot of us where correct in thinking that a good chunk of those vyrkos models where indeed planned for expansions. Id wager that the recent ghoul king was as well given its ancient rumor tease and maybe even some of those newer nighthaunt. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I've loved this edition, the narrative has been great and constantly moving with the changes in the generals handbooks and seasons of war. 

We've had some cool black library books and some of the best battletomes written. 

And while sadly few the models have been fantastic 

Not to mention Warcry that is going from strength to strength and Underworlds which continues to give some of the best characterful models. 

I'm looking forward to 2023 and seeing what comes next. 

Black Library has been spectacular but besides our Seasons of War Thondia has the narrative actually shifted? I dont play so I dont buy the GHB is there much Lore within?

I agree on Warcry and Underworlds being amazing. I just wish mainline AOS got as much love, so Im hoping 2023 with its Seraphon, Cities and new Seasons can change that!!

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Black Library has been spectacular but besides our Seasons of War Thondia has the narrative actually shifted? I dont play so I dont buy the GHB is there much Lore within?

I agree on Warcry and Underworlds being amazing. I just wish mainline AOS got as much love, so Im hoping 2023 with its Seraphon, Cities and new Seasons can change that!!

For me, the narrative is not just about the background also driven by the games I play and especially armies I paint (I'm more a painter than gamer). 

This year I've painted a kruleboyz, maggotkin, Sylvaneth and tzeentch army. Each one trying to carve out a piece of the realm of beasts. 

It's actually been nice this year that the releases have been light as it's given me a chance to catch up on stuff from my pile of opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Can you provide a link? Does the video have inside info or anything like that

Basically, they didn't make enough and their was no communication even within the company that it was a limited run. 

Instead of addressing the situation and saying sorry but it will return they went scorched earth and pretended it didn't exist. 

The expansions were meant to have the models in and that's where the characters would be first available but it was decided to put them in the Soulblight book instead and the expansions released without models. 

Was a ****** up from start to finish and hopfully not something that will be repeated. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

One of the models teased in the 40k video is for Kill Team. People were saying all the stuff in the AoS video has to be for the mainline game since that was the only logo shown in its video, but the 40k video didn't have the Kill Team logo.

I don't want to be the one saying it, but some of the stuff people are hoping for might not be as guaranteed as they think

18 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Basically, they didn't make enough and their was no communication even within the company that it was a limited run. 

Instead of addressing the situation and saying sorry but it will return they went scorched earth and pretended it didn't exist. 

The expansions were meant to have the models in and that's where the characters would be first available but it was decided to put them in the Soulblight book instead and the expansions released without models. 

Was a ****** up from start to finish and hopfully not something that will be repeated. 

I always thought that theory was kind of iffy because of how the release timeline was: Cursed City in April and then SBGL in May. Seems too late to make changes to the book after something went wrong with the release of Cursed City. It seems like in order to have Kritza, Annika and big Radukar in the book, GW would have to plan for their inclusion at least 6 months in advance, because that seems to be the turn around time to go from the finished text to a printed book for Battletomes. We saw how long in advance GW plans this kind of stuff with the Slaves to Darkness leak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I always thought that theory was kind of iffy because of how the release timeline was: Cursed City in April and then SBGL in May. Seems too late to make changes to the book after something went wrong with the release of Cursed City. It seems like in order to have Kritza, Annika and big Radukar in the book, GW would have to plan for their inclusion at least 6 months in advance, because that seems to be the turn around time to go from the finished text to a printed book for Battletomes. We saw how long in advance GW plans this kind of stuff with the Slaves to Darkness leak.

I was just recapping what peachy said in the video. 

• Like 1

Let's play, January Sunday preview!

1/Jan

General Handbook

Chapter Approved 
Slaves to Darkness BT + Warscroll + Dices
Vanguard
Eternus/Chaos Lord
Chosen
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Knights
Blood Bowl Nobbla and Scrappa

8/Jan
Daemon Prince
Ogroids
Chaos Lord on Foot
HH Horus Ascendent

15/Jan

Astra Militarum Codex + Datacards + Dices
Combat Patrol
Lord Solar
Commissar
Rogal Dorn tank
Rough Riders
Creed
Cadian Castellan
Cadia Shock
Necromunda Rex & Esmeralda
Necromunda Goliath big guy

22/Jan
Heavy Weapon Squad
Cadian Command Squad
Sentinel
HH Typhon Heavy Tank

29/Jan
BoC Battletome + Dices + Warscroll
Vanguard
Beastlord
Gitz Battletome + Dices + Warscroll
Squigboss
Snarlfangs
Something more...

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

50 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

in 40 k they even said that one of the models is for Kill Team. GW considers all warcry and WHU models as AoS

They states clearly what's coming for Age of sigmar with age of sigmar logo. In the video there is no mention of Warcry or Underworlds or Mortal Realms generally speaking. 

In the video we can watch slaves to darkness, Gloomspite gitz  and BoC minis and recognise Seraphon, Khorne and Slaanesh minis , which are the 6 upcoming battletomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Let's play, January Sunday preview!

1/Jan

General Handbook

Chapter Approved 
Slaves to Darkness BT + Warscroll + Dices
Vanguard
Eternus/Chaos Lord
Chosen
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Knights