The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Outside of Valkyia or whatever her name is Khorne is a total boys club I thought?

You mean ogors? 😄

Aren't Ogors gluttons out of necessity rather than hedonism? I thought Ogors ate constantly because their metabolism means they have to to survive, this is actually kind of opposite to Slaanesh type gluttony, feasting because it tastes good, even though I don't need to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Aren't Ogors gluttons out of necessity rather than hedonism? I thought Ogors ate constantly because their metabolism means they have to to survive, this is actually kind of opposite to Slaanesh type gluttony, feasting because it tastes good, even though I don't need to.

Ogors eat out of a mixture of necessity (since they're big bois) and religious fervor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

GW also kind of tied Gitmob to the Bad Moon in the 2.0 tome so they would have to rewrite that bit somehow.

They’ll be fine as long as they keep it Snarlfang themed. They howl at Da Bad Moon(as even shown in their trailer) and are venomous so fit with the spider-grot tribes.

Snarlfang hero(hopefully something gnarly like it has two heads to really stand out), chariot and a super-sized Snarlfang centerpiece would do it. 🐺 🌙 

Edit: this guy had some good photoshop ideas.

On Chaos warbands they have been doing a good job subverting expectations.

Hashite Humans, speedy guerilla leech doctors, stone-bodied Jade masons.

Slaanesh tanky gluttons would fit right in.

And we all know how badass Khorne’s crazed librarian spellcasters can be.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Eh, I would be happy with just Gitmob stuff.

Snarlfang Hero, Snarlfang Cavalry, then something like a Chariot or Snotling Pump Wagon to be their "heavy" unit. Maybe a Shaman, but that might be asking for too much.

I wouldn't snub more models, I would love siege weapons like the Doom Diver or a plastic Squig Gobba, new spider riders and spider hero, a third Trogg variant that's ranged, etc. But to keep it reasonable, I expect a hero, cavalry, and some centerpiece heavy thing.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but for now this Gitmob stuff looks like a mistake, a result of GW second-guessing their own stylistic choices. I really like the Snarlfang models - they would be great for WFB. But the army introduced into AoS was Gloompsite Gitz, subterranean Grots emerging to bring the horror and lunacy under the Bad Moon, with obvious and fitting squig & troggoth assistance.

They've already stretched this neat idea by keeping the Spiderfang in the same book (though the aesthetic would put them right next to the Bonespitterz). Now comes the Gitmob, and I can't help but imagine the new book being a mess similar to Orruk Warclans, but with four semi-separate factions.

Edited by Flippy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I think it's bad that the last armies only have half a year of play with a battletome written for that edition. This is a problem of GW's own making.

I'd say a battletome in the first two years of the edition, and extra models (more than just another infantry hero that didn't make the cut before) in the next four Warscroll in box and downloadable, plus books that give extra options without being a requirement to play the original battletome if you want. Yes four, a three year edition rotation is nonsense.

Note that I don't play AoS because of a few different reasons, and book depreciation speed is a significant part of that.

I think you misunderstood what I was responding to (or else I wasn't clear).  I was asking what good faction update pace would be if they don't count books/"infantry heroes".  It seems like actual updates (currently) outside of that happen for the average faction every 4-5 years, with that average being pulled down by stormcast a bit.  

EDIT: Battletome updates are one of my favorite parts of this game.  I guess I'd prefer they be free digital updates in an app instead of a physical book, but beyond that I love them.  It's a bit hard for me to understand those who are only in it for the hobby side of things, but I respect you guys!

Edited by willange

12 minutes ago, EntMan said:

It is noted they can go that direction(not dissimilar to the Cursed City Ogor preferring to eat the undead than the living because he prefers the flavor of rotten bones and wispy spirits)

image.png.80c3da4ee2a2eb0a16a9b74f76ac9e1f.png

“FORBIDDEN TASTES
An ogor’s single-minded craving makes them particularly susceptible to the temptations of Slaanesh, God of Excess. Many are drawn to the illicit pleasures of flesh-bazaars and sensatoriums erected by Hedonites of the Dark Prince. Within their perfume-shrouded depths, these ogors become addicted to all manner of forbidden tastes. Such decadent sadists can be found at the forefront of many Slaaneshi armies, their fleshy bodies scrawled with tattoos and pierced with hooked chains, their skin slick with unguent oils.”

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

They’ll be fine as long as they keep it Snarlfang themed. They howl at Da Bad Moon(as even shown in their trailer) and are venomous so fit with the spider-grot tribes.

Snarlfang hero(hopefully something gnarly like it has two heads to really stand out), chariot and a super-sized Snarlfang centerpiece would do it. 🐺 

On Chaos warbands they have been doing a good job subverting expectations.

Hashite Humans, speedy guerilla leech doctors, stone-bodied Jade masons.

Slaanesh tanky gluttons would fit right in.

And we all know how badass Khorne’s crazed librarian spellcasters can be.

As much as I think Fat Slaanesh worshippers would be cool (they could even use them to bring back even more chaos Ogors), I'm really hoping for chaos acrobats. I'm basing this hope on lore blurbs from BOTH versions of the battle tome, and the fact that of the Warhammer Underworlds Slaanesh warband (which has proven to be a somewhat accurate way to predict GW releases), we still don't have a model/unit for the female spear bearer to fit in/represent.Unknown.jpeg.9a7c547a3212283cf1a36d8d9c99ca89.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Do you have Dominion? It fits perfectly, and buying both means the only Thunderstrike models you're missing are Bastian, Knight Judicator, and the chariot :D I love it!!

Got mine at an LGS so a little cheaper and it helps keep a local store alive.

Got 2 lots of dominion (painted) and the Judicator and chariot in my pile of opportunity. 

Going to be a stormy Christmas!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, willange said:

I think you misunderstood what I was responding to (or else I wasn't clear).  I was asking what good faction update pace would be if they don't count books/"infantry heroes".  It seems like actual updates (currently) outside of that happen for the average faction every 4-5 years, with that average being pulled down by stormcast a bit.  

EDIT: Battletome updates are one of my favorite parts of this game.  I guess I'd prefer they be free digital updates in an app instead of a physical book, but beyond that I love them.  It's a bit hard for me to understand those who are only in it for the hobby side of things, but I respect you guys!

So one wave with at least one unit, preferably 2-3 (including a hero if need be) every six years. This is in addition to replacement of old kits in factions that need that to happen. This would mean factions like Kharadron, Fyreslayers, FEC, Ironjawz, Savage orcs etc would have a few extra sets by now.

I can't really comment on battletomes ghbs and campaign book because I don't play, but I would have the first out in the first two years, the second in summer and the third in the last four years of an edition.

In the infantry heroes GW presented this edition, it sort of feels like these were designs that didn't make the original cut that have been recycled, and they sell them for the price of 20 Frostgrave soldiers. I'm not into that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Snarlfang hero(hopefully something gnarly like it has two heads to really stand out), chariot and a super-sized Snarlfang centerpiece would do it. 🐺 🌙 

Edit: this guy had some good photoshop ideas.

Gitz already has a bunch of pretty big monsters, It would be cool in another direction and got a centerpiece chariot thing, like glutos, katakros or the triumph of St Catharine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flippy said:

I don't want to spoil the fun, but for now this Gitmob stuff looks like a mistake, a result of GW second-guessing their own stylistic choices. I really like the Snarlfang models - they would be great for WFB. But the army introduced into AoS was Gloompsite Gitz, subterranean Grots emerging to bring the horror and lunacy under the Bad Moon, with obvious and fitting squig & troggoth assistance.

They've already stretched this neat idea by keeping the Spiderfang in the same book (though the aesthetic would put them right next to the Bonespitterz). Now comes the Gitmob, and I can't help but imagine the new book being a mess similar to Orruk Warclans, but with four semi-separate factions.

Gitmob has been mentioned a lot in the lore. Its not like they came out of nowhere like Kragnos. 

I also think they sold a bunch of the Rippas Snarlfangs kit and it tasted like more money.

But for now we only have the 1 kit, i hope there is more to this to give it more substance.

Edit: I do agree that they feel a bit out of place in the Gloomspite Gitz tome by design.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Gitmob has been mentioned a lot in the lore. Its not like they came out of nowhere like Kragnos. 

I also think they sold a bunch of the Rippas Snarlfangs kit and it tasted like more money.

But for now we only have the 1 kit, i hope there is more to this to give it more substance.

Edit: I do agree that they feel a bit out of place in the Gloomspite Gitz tome by design.

Indeed. They never came out of completely nowhere as we had lore on Rippa’s warband, Gitmobs becoming tribes of grots that spread in the deserts of Ghur & Hysh that go for the sun and are hired out as scout mercenaries by the Loonking as his moonclan and spiderclans aren’t effective out about in the Suns of the Realms.

A merc faction that isn’t Bad Moon dependent to operate would fill some gaps.

I think this is a good way to draw on the gitmobs aesthetics too. Instead of just “regular grots” it’s those that thrive on the savage & hot places of the Realms becoming beast-riding bandits where-as Doom divers can evolve into Wingboyz under the Grotbag Scuttlers as sky & Mountain-top dwelling grot pirates that trouble the aether with flying machines and gunpowder.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Gitmob were still around when AoS launched but the models were ancient. im so very excited to see them coming back!! And im a fan of the artist work as it seems its the same human who did the kruleboyz grots. 

Day one purchases for me!!

Perhaps we'll see the return of the sourbreadth trogg or something new. Even if its only riders and a chariot hero or something, this fella is down to grot so hard!!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So there will be at least 2 kits released with the battletome. 

That's very optimistic of you: neither The Eyes of Nine, not the Kurnothi Wild Hunt were re-released for the Disciples of Tzeentch or Sylvaneth Battletomes. It wouldn't surprise me if Rippa's will also remain unavailable upon Gitz getting their new book.

Luckily I managed to find them from an online shop (last one they had). I've had no luck finding Mollog's Mob or Zarbag's Gitz.

33 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Interesting to note, Rippa isn't available to buy at the moment. 

Old Underworlds stuff is not buyable anymore, not just them. You can only get season 4 onwards models and snarlfangs are season 3.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Indeed. They never came out of completely nowhere as we had lore on Rippa’s warband, Gitmobs becoming tribes of grots that spread in the deserts of Ghur & Hysh that go for the sun and are hired out as scout mercenaries by the Loonking as his moonclan and spiderclans aren’t effective out about in the Suns of the Realms.

I get this; they could make a nice second grot army out of this stuff and introduce some alliance system with the existing one.

Meanwhile, you have the modern GSG aesthetic which is (spiderfang excluded) based on “fairy tale horror from under the mountains” approach. The gitz come from below, emerge from their caves, wet and mouldy; their squish charge from rocky slopes, troggoths toss boulders - you get the idea. How could you possibly add steppe culture riders to the picture and keep it somewhat coherent? No idea.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Old Underworlds stuff is not buyable anymore, not just them. You can only get season 4 onwards models and snarlfangs are season 3.

Interestingly that's not quite true. You can still buy Thundrik's Profiteers and Ylthari's Guardians for some reason.

Also I expect the older warbands will come back as "made to order" at some point, to prey on peoples' fomo. I know I regret not buying some when they were announced as being retired.

Its tough to do multiple goblin books because of the factions stuck in the middle.
You could have moonclan in one book, and gitmob in another (possibly with some grotbag friends), but things like troggoths and spiderfang will still be stuck somewhere in the middle.
It might happen in the future too, but I suspect there isn't enough stuff coming to fill a second book properly.

Just now, JerekKruger said:

Interestingly that's not quite true. You can still buy Thundrik's Profiteers and Ylthari's Guardians for some reason.

Also I expect the older warbands will come back as "made to order" at some point, to prey on peoples' fomo. I know I regret not buying some when they were announced as being retired.

I don't think they were retired were they? Just put on range rotation.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Flippy said:

(spiderfang excluded)

49 minutes ago, Flippy said:

How could you possibly add steppe culture riders to the picture and keep it somewhat coherent? No idea.

You answered your own inquiry here because that's not THE gloomspite aesthetic, its all these different factions. 

Gloomspite Is an umbrella term of all things bad moon stirring around in the same cauldron, not just mushroom grots. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

The warbands are indeed on rotation so will come back in the future.

I imagine Kharadron and Sylvaneth were spared since this season doesn’t have replacements for them. So far many of the new warbands look like new flavorful spins on the old ones. It’ll probably be past the Gnarlwoods seasons before they have new armored sky-merchants and insect-boosted tree spirits ready.

25 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I get this; they could make a nice second grot army out of this stuff and introduce some alliance system with the existing one.

Meanwhile, you have the modern GSG aesthetic which is (spiderfang excluded) based on “fairy tale horror from under the mountains” approach. The gitz come from below, emerge from their caves, wet and mouldy; their squish charge from rocky slopes, troggoths toss boulders - you get the idea. How could you possibly add steppe culture riders to the picture and keep it somewhat coherent? No idea.

Realm flavor. Everything’s in Ghur right now so everyone’s got hairier beasts from vampires getting werewolf-hybrids, Stormcasts dragons with visible fur, a literal fur-tracker ogor and mega-Gargant beast-Hunter, Maggotkin got a guy going full animal fly form, StD got full monstrous Ogroid units, etc.

There’s a pretty consistent theme of animals, animal hybrids and animal hunters this Season in Ghur and the Era of the Beast.

Gloomspite there would be more dependent on their spider-clan empires and bestial Troggoth dens in the insect tunnels rather than the fairy tale horrors. Suitably the ones we’re seeing have to act as errant moon knights trying carve out a stronghold of their own in the stinkhorn.(heck, Ghur has half-eaten moons floating overhead the Realm tried to eat. Not like Da Bad Moon would want to stay there long)

I expect we’ll continue to see other odd match-ups as we go through the other Realms building off their aesthetics as well since infinite magic realities mean consistency can be shakey at best.

Like just imagine what the Freeguild would look like if they were fully realm-based between Aqshy, Ghyran and Chamon?

image.jpeg.bc18b3958a288f05817487059365f811.jpeg
image.png.d89153d1b760b053c04a9d8891ac2e09.png
image.png.908d8d4397cf3d24d0ccb66257978a74.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Interesting to note, Rippa isn't available to buy at the moment. 

All following kits/warbands moved out for "range rotation ":

Stormcast: Stormsire's Cursebreakers
Stormcast: Steelheart Champions
Stormcast: The Farstridres
Khorne Garrek's Reavers
Fyreslayers The Chosen Axes
Skaven Verminus Spiteclaw Swarm
Ironjawz Ironskull's Boyz
Gloomspite Gitz: Mollog's Mob
Gloomspite Gitz: Zarbag's Gtiz
Slaves to Darkness Godsworn Hunt
Tzeentch: Eyes of the Nine