The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

...also hilarious that Fyreslayers have still never got a battleforce.

Guy on Reddit made a note of the others too:

MrTzaangor
:legions-of-nagash:Legions of Nagash
3h

“Stats guy here to tell ya that the armies that still didn't have a battleforce are: Cities of Sigmar, Fyreslayers, Beasts of Chaos, Flesh Eater Courts and Maggotkin of Nurgle. See you next year when they probably still won't get one, sadly!”

Honestly surprised Maggotkin of all things didn’t get anything. At least with Fyreslayers they never really needed much their amazing SC didn’t offer but like Nurgle has a ton of shiny new options especially now after the update made things so infectiously good(plus TWW hype).

Fingers crossed for the years to come though. CoS and FEC will probably have to wait longer or even next edition than the others for a range refresh first but Fyreslayers, BoC & Maggotkin can always claim next year or after!(BoC would be great for Era of the Beast and a Fyreslayer hero assembly with Avatar-Gotrek at the forefront would be rad! Maybe even to herald the Aqshy Season of war. 🐐 🌋)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

Nurgle is surprising as they've got some nice toys in AoS and some fairly modern plastics that could easily make a good battleforce up for Christmas. 

Flesheaters don't have one because you already get the army in a bundle box. You don't "need" a christmas bundle when your army is already pretty much only sold in cheap battleforce sets. Fyreslayers are almost in the same boat, though they've at least a few more leader models that could make it more than just getting-started sets. 

Cities of Sigmar I can see why because its messy and I get the feeling that GW isn't even quite sure what they are doing with bits of it - eg there's almost the entire Dark Elf army in there; tiny bits of wood and light elves; a smattering of random humans nad dwarves. 

Beasts of Chaos might not have all the fancy new stuff, but you could certainly put a boxed set together. I think they suffer as the black-sheep of the Chaos Grand Alliance right now. Heck enough so that the most recent centaur model went to Slaves to Darkness and the second most recent went to Destruction. Then again with all 4 gods now pretty well done with a big chunky update and with Slaves to Darkness soon to be done, that means the only ones "left" in Chaos are Skaven who just need modernising but otherwise have a diverse roster; and Beasts of Chaos. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Guy on Reddit made a note of the others too:

MrTzaangor
:legions-of-nagash:Legions of Nagash
3h

“Stats guy here to tell ya that the armies that still didn't have a battleforce are: Cities of Sigmar, Fyreslayers, Beasts of Chaos, Flesh Eater Courts and Maggotkin of Nurgle. See you next year when they probably still won't get one, sadly!”

Honestly surprised Maggotkin of all things didn’t get anything. At least with Fyreslayers they never really needed much their amazing SC didn’t offer but like Nurgle has a ton of shiny new options especially now after the update made things so infectiously good(plus TWW hype).

Fingers crossed for the years to come though. CoS and FEC will probably have to wait longer or even next edition than the others for a range refresh first but Fyreslayers, BoC & Maggotkin can always claim next year or after!(BoC would be great for Era of the Beast and a Fyreslayer hero assembly with Avatar-Gotrek at the forefront would be rad! Maybe even to herald the Aqshy Season of war. 🐐 🌋)

I wouldn't expect a CoS battleforce before CoS are updated/rebooted!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If they release next year I could see one for Christmas 2024!!

Maybe, but Votann didn't get one this year remember. Personally think it is more likely the completely new armies will generally get a christmas box the year after they release, as the release boxes they get might be judged as enough of a high discounted option for a year. May well be wrong though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Maybe, but Votann didn't get one this year remember. Personally think it is more likely the completely new armies will generally get a christmas box the year after they release, as the release boxes they get might be judged as enough of a high discounted option for a year. May well be wrong though

Yeah mate thats what I mean, if COS repease 2023 then Christmas 2024 theyll get a box.

Remember its only 2022 😉

Latest Rumour Engine could be 40K or AOS? This extra bit makes me think a 40K Chaos Advent Calendar? I sure hope not I preferred 2020s mix of Images rather than 2021s Eldar Calendar. Also back to back 40K Advent Calendars and Christmas minis would be lame.

Day 112: Several Rumour Engineers have reported hearing voices while close to the machine, although I’ve yet to confirm it myself. It’s unlikely the recent Chaos-related images have anything to do with it – current output seems fine.

XorLnwCdjZbcDT5C.jpg

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Latest Rumour Engine could be 40K or AOS? This extra bit makes me think a 40K Chaos Advent Calendar? I sure hope not I preferred 2020s mix of Images rather than 2021s Eldar Calendar. Also back to back 40K Advent Calendars and Christmas minis would be lame.

Day 112: Several Rumour Engineers have reported hearing voices while close to the machine, although I’ve yet to confirm it myself. It’s unlikely the recent Chaos-related images have anything to do with it – current output seems fine.

Is it the Gloomspite?!?!

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It's Leagues of Votann again.

DX63FVVG49Y.jpg?size=695x780&quality=95&sign=daccf95f55271f59284062b371d2a96e&type=album

Edited by Sarges
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Is it the Gloomspite?!?!

PLEAAAAASE GIVE US A GLOOMSPITE ADVENT CALENDAR.

13 minutes ago, Sarges said:

It's Leagues of Votann again.

DX63FVVG49Y.jpg?size=695x780&quality=95&sign=daccf95f55271f59284062b371d2a96e&type=album

Absolutely brilliant spot mate!! So LOV already have Wave 2 coming or is it a Killteam unit.

Actually astounded that you nailed it so quick!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Overread said:

Nurgle is surprising as they've got some nice toys in AoS and some fairly modern plastics that could easily make a good battleforce up for Christmas. 

Flesheaters don't have one because you already get the army in a bundle box. You don't "need" a christmas bundle when your army is already pretty much only sold in cheap battleforce sets. Fyreslayers are almost in the same boat, though they've at least a few more leader models that could make it more than just getting-started sets. 

Cities of Sigmar I can see why because its messy and I get the feeling that GW isn't even quite sure what they are doing with bits of it - eg there's almost the entire Dark Elf army in there; tiny bits of wood and light elves; a smattering of random humans nad dwarves. 

Beasts of Chaos might not have all the fancy new stuff, but you could certainly put a boxed set together. I think they suffer as the black-sheep of the Chaos Grand Alliance right now. Heck enough so that the most recent centaur model went to Slaves to Darkness and the second most recent went to Destruction. Then again with all 4 gods now pretty well done with a big chunky update and with Slaves to Darkness soon to be done, that means the only ones "left" in Chaos are Skaven who just need modernising but otherwise have a diverse roster; and Beasts of Chaos. 

Nurgle would make a super easy boxed set.
Fec would be pretty easy too, especially if you load up up with less monsters, 40 ghouls, 9 horrors/flayers and then a dragon. If you buy a bunch of SC you end up with more than enough dragons, but short on ghouls/flayers if you want to go into those builds.
Cities could make Wanderers work I think, a nomad prince, 2 boxes of eternal guard, 2 boxes of wild riders, and a treelord would make a good set. both guard and wild riders are dual kits, and the treelord would fit better here than the giant did in the ironjawz and ogor ones.
BoC would just need to have another bray shaman in it, but a thunderscorn or warherd based box could work. Bray shaman, ~3 units of bullgor/dragon ogors and 1-2 ghorgons. A full Tzaangor box would be a good choice too. a Tzaangor shaman 2 boxes of tzaangor with the 40k upgrade sprue and 2-3 boxes of enlightened/skyfires. Honestly I'm still a little shocked we don't have a start collecting, vanguard, or combat patrol: Tzaangor yet.

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Nurgle would make a super easy boxed set.
Fec would be pretty easy too, especially if you load up up with less monsters, 40 ghouls, 9 horrors/flayers and then a dragon. If you buy a bunch of SC you end up with more than enough dragons, but short on ghouls/flayers if you want to go into those builds.
Cities could make Wanderers work I think, a nomad prince, 2 boxes of eternal guard, 2 boxes of wild riders, and a treelord would make a good set. both guard and wild riders are dual kits, and the treelord would fit better here than the giant did in the ironjawz and ogor ones.
BoC would just need to have another bray shaman in it, but a thunderscorn or warherd based box could work. Bray shaman, ~3 units of bullgor/dragon ogors and 1-2 ghorgons. A full Tzaangor box would be a good choice too. a Tzaangor shaman 2 boxes of tzaangor with the 40k upgrade sprue and 2-3 boxes of enlightened/skyfires. Honestly I'm still a little shocked we don't have a start collecting, vanguard, or combat patrol: Tzaangor yet.

I would love a Wanderers set, dont think it will ever happen though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Necromunda continues to pump out humans perfect for a Realm of Metal AoS force.

image.jpeg.c05f57eb48578eb18c9d749b31bda438.jpeg

Here we have a Vindicarum Relictor squire accompanied by a Chamonite storm cherub, a Scourge Privateer beast smuggler to get non-clockwork animals in to a city or sky-port and a Gun-Smyth accounted by the Artycles to keep the local populace armed in the face of Chaos threats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

XorLnwCdjZbcDT5C.jpg

Yea this is 100% more votann... I'm feeling a Lumineth treatment here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yea this is 100% more votann... I'm feeling a Lumineth treatment here

Yeah I was a bit surprised when the first wave was only 11 kits. I would expect a second wave much like the sisters got, especially with 10th edition around the corner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Yeah I was a bit surprised when the first wave was only 11 kits. I would expect a second wave much like the sisters got, especially with 10th edition around the corner. 

I think its pretty much proven that first and second waves for new armies really really help them sell better. 

One and done kind of works, but forever ends up with people wanting more. Just look at AoS for a case study in this! 

• Like 3

The rumour engine is specifically a holser from the biker scouts but upright, so I'm going to go one further and say that its from pioneers on foot, since they are one of the gaps in the first wave, the bikers have a very distinct look, but the duster coats etc aren't seen much in other units. I think this is a sign that that whole subfaction will be expanded on.

• Like 5

Anyone else looking at the Astra Militarum update today and wondering if that might be worked into new CoS?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/08/mix-your-favourite-regiments-in-the-new-codex-astra-militarum/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=warhammer-40,000&utm_content=cadiaarticle08112022

FhDNUbZXEAEtTUy?format=jpg&name=medium

There are 15 doctrines making 93 different combinations, allowing you to build an iconic regiment from the lore, or cook up a custom force with its own history and home world.”

I could see AoS achieving something close to that with the Cities as sub-factions and 4 roles to choose from(Freeguild, Ironweld, Collegiate, Order of Azyr) so you can mix-and-match stuff like Greywater traits + Collegiate to make the Mage-engineers that helped Vindicarum’s siege defense in “Broken Realms” or Excelsis traits + Order of Azyr to create some crack shot monster hunters and witch hunters happy to go charging in with runic great weapons.

Do it for Her, GW:

bvfhvwirs9j91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a
(hopefully some aelf heads come with new Freeguild kits to complement the city aelves taking up human army positions & jobs.)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Well I try not to bother with 40k but I am now also wondering 😭

Same but there’s always ideas worth looking at to share with another system. Just look at how 40k 8th edition got a huge second wind by revamping to copy AoS’ keyword, weakening damage profile and streamline rules system. ;)

Edit: I wonder if adding specifics to human, duardin and aelf keywords in cities would be too much or just enough rules flavor?

Like a Ironweld + Hammerhal + Aelf keyword combo means a unit is great around warmachines, giving commands and accurate shooting so become a elite sniper unit that’s good at defending artillery or fighting alongside steamtanks/copters to take objectives.

Edited by Baron Klatz

Always fun to take a step back and consider we’re at a point in time where we can say “There’s too much Squat releases”. xD 

@acr0ssth3p0nd

Hey I saw you mention that WiP battleplans piece in Warhammer Weekly, why don’t you post it on the warhammer news thread or general hobby chatter?

(Or better yet a new post so it can get a spotlight)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3