The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I definitely don't think the fins match any AoS army, much less one of those still waiting for a 3rd edition tome. My guess would be they are from one of the side games. Since they look kinda techy, maybe Necromunda.

I’d prefer grotbag scuttles, but I think it might be new Necromunda spyrers:

9B3B72DA-BD5B-4D9D-B284-60150B951C6B.jpeg

Edited by Bog_Goblin
Missed text
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Maybe AoS will get an Eldritch Omen boxset around January (which two army get models idk). Seem like plenty of AoSish RE and I can’t see all of them tied to side games like Warcry or Underworlds.

means that there would be two hefty release in April and May before 10th edition 40K or that my Hopium response.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I didnt even realize there was a thumbs up option  ===jumps over to GW community site === Oh shoot, I guess there is! Ill start clicking on those for AoS articles. Good idea CommissarRotke

Not entirely sure when they added it, before COVID at least? For better or worse it is hanging out away from where you're drawn to look for sure 😅

22 minutes ago, novakai said:

It probably because their battletome release have had minimum changes that they can only drum up one lore article and one rule preview article per AoS release.

not like I think their thumb up mechanic does much for them

Yeah I'm not saying this is a cure-all or even a bandaid solution, just that if GW spent money implementing this then at some level *someone* is using that data; other sites can use it to plan future content. I would hope warcom operates in a similar logical way.

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Not entirely sure when they added it, before COVID at least? For better or worse it is hanging out away from where you're drawn to look for sure

It was added right when the Lumineth teasers hit the scene in early 2020. 

But yeah, I hit the thumbs up on every article and even go to private mode to do it again just in case. 😅

Also it’s on all the old articles too. Probably some interns confused why all the Forbidden Power & Malign Portents articles now having thumbs up pressed on them too since I auto-push on every past AoS article I revisit for info.

Anyway I’m hoping Grotbag Scuttlers too if the rumor engine’s not Seraphon since those look like airship parts.

“Grotbag Scuttlers are Grots who vanished up to mountainside and then to the sky during the divergence of the Grot tribes. The Grotbag Scuttlers have armadas of airships and fought alongside the Gloomspite Gitz during the invasion of Barak-Khazzar.“

The recent Arkanaut’s Oath novel mentioned them too so they’re keeping the rivalry with battling over the skies. Hopefully a box set for both sides is in the works for a new aether wars. 🤞 ✈️ 

Though that Necromunda wing is a good shout. Could be that.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Anyway I’m hoping Grotbag Scuttlers too if the rumor engine’s not Seraphon since those look like airship parts.

“Grotbag Scuttlers are Grots who vanished up to mountainside and then to the sky during the divergence of the Grot tribes. The Grotbag Scuttlers have armadas of airships and fought alongside the Gloomspite Gitz during the invasion of Barak-Khazzar.“

The recent Arkanaut’s Oath novel mentioned them too so they’re keeping the rivalry with battling over the skies. Hopefully a box set for both sides is in the works for a new aether wars. 🤞 ✈️ 

Arkanaut's Oath had whole chapters with them, describing their appearance, what weapons they use, their different sky ships, and a variety of personal flying devices. I feel like Games Workshop doesn't give author's that much room without a miniature line to back it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

It was added right when the Lumineth teasers hit the scene in early 2020. 

But yeah, I hit the thumbs up on every article and even go to private mode to do it again just in case. 😅

Also it’s on all the old articles too. Probably some interns confused why all the Forbidden Power & Malign Portents articles now having thumbs up pressed on them too since I auto-push on every past AoS article I revisit for info.

Though that Necromunda wing is a good shout. Could be that.

I wont mind Grotbag Doomdivers at all. No need to launch them from the ground up when they can just jump down on a foe.

Edit: Wouldnt really like a fifth subfaction if it means its going to look like the warclans tome though. Also wouldnt really like them in their own tome. Guess i wouldnt know where to place them at all XD.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I wont mind Grotbag Doomdivers at all. No need to launch them from the ground up when they can just jump down on a foe.

I am still holding out for a new Destruction faction. Grotbag Scuttlers would be great. People have wanted them for years.

Also makes it more likely that Silent People become a Death faction. ;)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Arkanaut's Oath had whole chapters with them, describing their appearance, what weapons they use, their different sky ships, and a variety of personal flying devices. I feel like Games Workshop doesn't give author's that much room without a miniature line to back it. 

Sorry to bother you but they describes something more "specific"?

Like something that could be units?

Imho the RE could be them..

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am still holding out for a new Destruction faction. Grotbag Scuttlers would be great. People have wanted them for years.

Also makes it more likely that Silent People become a Death faction. ;)

Would love Silent People as a death faction.

Would also love to see gitmob back at some point but i think there has been no mention of them in aos so far?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: Wouldnt really like a fifth subfaction if it means its going to look like the warclans tome though. Also wouldnt really like them in their own tome. Guess i wouldnt know where to place them at all XD.

I’ll always fight for seperate Tome releases. More of the faction gets fleshed out and individual culture selves into, can’t rely on older units to fill it out so they get more units and versatility to stand on their own than soup balance allows and better still they can help buff up the Gloomspite through coalitions.

Destruction and Death need the new standalone factions filling out their alliances too.(and yes all for Silent People, the bone armored Nagashites riding skeleton dragons supported by death-fire crossbows weapon teams with skeleton held paviaes, possible void entities enslaved by Nagash, Aetar eagle people & Realm animal people in general for Destruction to match Kragnos and a list that goes on and on for all of AoS’ potential)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Sorry to bother you but they describes something more "specific"?

Like something that could be units?

Imho the RE could be them..

So far they have described to the best of my recollection 

Grots, with striped shirts, baggy pants with cutlasses. 
 - Grots with bows and black arrows (nothing new)
 - Grots with black powder guns

Ramshackle airships held a loft with "gasbags" with two rows of grots operating the canvas wings
modified human ships
ships with steam engines
tamed flying beasts (I imagine flying squigs but they're not super descriptive
ships are all almost exclusively armed with black powder weapons

Grots flying with personal "gasbags" for boarding parties. 

I'll post more if I remember anything else. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

I been hoping for more flying armies like KO and i felt they been teasing Grotbag scuttler more so then other potential new armies beside Shadow Aelf/Malakith.

Then again, IF Grotbag scuttlers ever happen in this edition i would just assume they be a part of Gloomspite (despite the lore saying Gloomspite and Grotbag are separate tribes) only because of GW and how Kruleboyz was sort of part of Warclans despite being unique enough to be their own army.

but if they are a seperate army i do hope Gitz get their battletome first just for the sake of their community lol.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Would love Silent People as a death faction.

Would also love to see gitmob back at some point but i think there has been no mention of them in aos so far?

well there is the Ripper Snarlfang warband in Underworld (they are Gitmob) and they had a lore excerpt in the Gitz tome like Grotbag.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Looking back at these rumor engines, and the fact that Gitz haven't gotten a book yet and they were technically next in line based upon WD articles and other book. We could very well be getting Grotbag Scultters. I feel that would be a very educated guess. I don't know if it would be a big expansion, but maybe couple kits. The book may move toward Warclans and offer ways to play, Trolls, Squiggs, Grotbags and spiders more individually. I for one would love to see this.  

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

but if they are a seperate army i do hope Gitz get their battletome first just for the sake of their community lol.

On the otherhand if Grotbags happened first then it’d be easier to add coalitions & ally to Gloomspite afterwards. So that’s a possibility why they’d get held of a little longer for more advertising the big new faction and tome(IF they happen of course)

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

I been hoping for more flying armies like KO and i felt they been teasing Grotbag scuttler more so then other potential new armies beside Shadow Aelf/Malakith.

Yeah,

Order- Kharadron

Death- NightHaunt 

Chaos- Tzeentch 

Destruction’s the only Alliance missing a mainly all flying force.

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I was laughting like a maniac reading that chapters!!  Just one name: KAPTIN BLACKHEART!!
Imagine what a joy could be to see a game of two fleets, one full of grots and the other full of duardins. Shooting, screaming, swashbuckling and boarding enemies ships.

29 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Ramshackle airships held a loft with "gasbags" with two rows of grots operating the canvas wings
modified human ships
ships with steam engines
tamed flying beasts (I imagine flying squigs but they're not super descriptive
ships are all almost exclusively armed with black powder weapons

Just to add another point, Kaptin Blackheart's flagship (no name given yet) had catapult throwing squigs and doom divers, and the whole ship (descrived as 3 times the Aesling, that's 3 frigattes large, smaller than a khrundal battle class ship but bigger than an Ironclad) was pushed by TWO MAWCRUSHAS (common Forgeworld, give me that 400$ resin ship that I can't play because it costs 1500p!!!).
The whole ship uses a big squig to fly (it remind a Zeppelin), and it had a tatoo depicting the Jolly Orruk, that's a big deal for Grots and Orruks.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

On the otherhand if Grotbags happened first then it’d be easier to add coalitions & ally to Gloomspite afterwards. So that’s a possibility why they’d get held of a little longer for more advertising the big new faction and tome(IF they happen of course)

Yeah,

Order- Kharadron

Death- NightHaunt 

Chaos- Tzeentch 

The squigs do have a lot of flying options.

Would love to see gitz riding batsquigs.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Order- Kharadron

Death- NightHaunt 

Chaos- Tzeentch 

well i meant more like Airship vehicle armies that used mechanics like garrison and transporting troops around similar to KO. 

some of my biggest dreams where like they develop armies and units like Grotbag scuttlers, Vampire coast esque Wraithfleet, the Ironjawz Skybashas, more Deepkins, and Freeguild floating Cogforts)

and maybe eventually they have a spin-off game system simlar to Dreadfleet (like Age of Sigmar: Skyfleet - Aerial Battles in the Mortal Realms)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, novakai said:

well i meant more like Airship vehicle armies that used mechanics like garrison and transporting troops around similar to KO. 

some of my biggest dreams where like they develop armies and units like Grotbag scuttlers, Vampire coast esque Wraithfleet, the Ironjawz Skybashas, more Deepkins, and Freeguild floating Cogforts)

and maybe eventually they have a spin-off game system simlar to Dreadfleet (like Age of Sigmar: Skyfleet - Aerial Battles in the Mortal Realms)

I've had the same thoughts. Dreadfleet style game but in the air.

Kharadron Vs grotbag scutlers starter set. Quick expansion for tzeentch and swifthawk agents

• LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Bog_Goblin said:

I’d prefer grotbag scuttles, but I think it might be new Necromunda spyrers:

9B3B72DA-BD5B-4D9D-B284-60150B951C6B.jpeg

Talk about a deep dive! 

COnsidering how different the RE "metallic wings/fins" are from any current AoS and 40K aesthetic, I think Bog_Goblin hit it right on the head. Flying units for Necromunda ash wastes. 

• Like 1

As a Destruction-lover, my #1 desire (other than the release of the damn mawtribe book) is for a brand new Destruction faction. Something that isn't the standard orcs/gobbos/giants/ogres/etc that we've had for decades. Every grand allegiance has had one or more entirely new species except for Destruction. And Kruelboyz don't count, they're just orcs again.

There's so much creative opportunity here, whether they're the titular "Silent People" or not.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I for one would also love to see Grotbag Scuttlers!! I must read Arkanauts Oath now as it sounds incredible.

Definitely do. Just how it sets up a sub-realm of floating continent “planets” via exploding turtle god-beast sucking up all the oceans into a void is worth it for how AoS does such a great job at world building these bizarre realmscapes.

On rumor notes I wonder if this unsolved rumor engine could help Grotbags case any.

image.jpeg.2f530a808f5e11d1714c06886d277cc7.jpeg

• Like 1