The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

There is Stormcast news though but intriguingly it’s at the end of the Soulbound Blackened Earth Rpg:

”From among the caravans arriving from the free cities, those from Excelsis also bring rumours of a great evil stirring in the Realm of Amber that could threaten all of the Mortal Realms. Strange and twisted creatures have begun to emerge from a stretch of wild Ghur known as the Gnarlwood; rumours say that the Astral Templars of Valourhall seek assistance in solving this mystery, but are reluctant to ask for it directly. (For more on adventures in the realm of Ghur and the city of Excelsis, see the upcoming Soulbound supplement Era of the Beast.)”

"Strange and twisted creatures"? Emerging from a forest? Well that sounds like Morghur! Beast of Chaos revamp hype train all aboard!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

"Strange and twisted creatures"? Emerging from a forest? Well that sounds like Morghur! Beast of Chaos revamp hype train all aboard!!!!

I really want to see a big Beasts release before the edition is over. The faction has so much potential, but has been narratively directionless and stuck with old, bad models since I can remember. All those faithful Beasts players really deserves a break.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I really want to see a big Beasts release before the edition is over. The faction has so much potential, but has been narratively directionless and stuck with old, bad models since I can remember. All those faithful Beasts players really deserves a break.

Ive said it once Ive said it a thousand times that Era of the Beast was a misunderstanding by us thinking that it meant Destructions time in the spotlight but really it is the rise of the Beasts of Chaos!! I could see them coming either after COS or as the atagonist in the new Edition boxed set.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see their update actually get the loreful Gor-kin shaped by the Realms.

Soul-eating lionmen of Shyish.

Hulking Mammothmen of Ghur.

Mantismen of Ghyran.

Sharkmen of various oceans.

That said, Beasts of Chaos seem pretty absent from the Gnarlwoods themselves. All the hazards in them have been from feral Seraphon monsters and eldritch flora & fauna to including Ghurian Magmadroths hiding there.(the Realmshaper engine and Seraphon magic might be pushing the actual chaos beasts out)

Like maybe the “Tooth and Claw” warband will change that but so far the Beast threat seems back near the Krondspine than Gallet.

Twisted creatures could be something else.🤔

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, MitGas said:

On Reddit it got like 950 likes or something, which is really good. Shows that people love the classic stuff. They're IMO even better than the already great Ulfenkarn skeletons... Soulblight are one sexy faction.

The ulfenkarn skeletons are absolutely amazing, especially the ones from the Cursed City box and not based off of them. The leader with the death-mask alone…. Personally, I hope we get more skeletons and Vyrkos style vampires. The only thing that disappointed me about Cursed City was that we didn’t get the undead Ogres it promised us as a proper unit, though that could change this time around.
Perhaps in an upcoming expansion they could add some more Egyptian stylistic choices to the range? So I don’t have to kitbash them with tzeentch’s mortal range and scour eBay for spare Tomb Kings bits? That’d be nice.

16 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

If Soulblight lean into more Monsters and start getting proper Werewolves and other beasties I will be hard pressed to not start a Death Faction.

Matter of fact Im a huge Vampire fan, though oddly enough more so in modern settings than Fantasy and love the more monstrous Vampire than the charming aristocrats. Hence why Flesh Eater Courts are a range refresh away from me buying into the Faction.

I agree @KingBrodd, the idea of running The Universal Monsters as a faction sounds incredible, it’s why my two favorite death kits are the Undead Blood Bowl teams. Personally, if GW does decide to introduce more classical monsters to the range, I want to see mummies before werewolves (for obvious reasons).

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Citiea of Sigmar?

MOb6SEjR2BPHteSk.jpg

New Graveguard confirmed, that or vampire/mortal death infantry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

It would be nice to see their update actually get the loreful Gor-kin shaped by the Realms.

Soul-eating lionmen of Shyish.

Hulking Mammothmen of Ghur.

Mantismen of Ghyran.

Sharkmen of various oceans.

That said, Beasts of Chaos seem pretty absent from the Gnarlwoods themselves. All the hazards in them have been from feral Seraphon monsters and eldritch flora & fauna to including Ghurian Magmadroths hiding there.(the Realmshaper engine and Seraphon magic might be pushing the actual chaos beasts out)

Like maybe the “Tooth and Claw” warband will change that but so far the Beast threat seems back near the Krondspine than Gallet.

Twisted creatures could be something else.🤔

Man-Moth!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love this for at least the Warcry Warband!! Im concerned that GWs love for Kruelboyz will mean they will be the Orruk Warclans Warbands for either Warcry or Underworlds.

If they really loved kruleboys they wouldn't have written the rules they did 😅

They could get a warcry warband, but I doubt they'll see an underworlds one since they had one last season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I wouldn’t mind an updated Wight King, especially if it leads to an expansion of the deathrattle range.

I suppose if they also take it as an opportunity to rewrite the Wight King's rules, because otherwise it will never see the table. The old foot Wight King holds up OK, though. I'd rather see a completely new hero. Or just, you know, the updated Grave Guard everyone really wants.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I wouldn’t mind an updated Wight King, especially if it leads to an expansion of the deathrattle range.

A mini expansion like Sylvaneth would b3 cool, with new Wight King, Grave Guard and Black Knights + maybe something actually new.

Replacing that Black Knight kit is paramount to me because it means we are also likely to see the back of the absolutely vile Hexwraiths as well, but that's more being selfish as a Nighthaunt player.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

A mini expansion like Sylvaneth would b3 cool, with new Wight King, Grave Guard and Black Knights + maybe something actually new.

Replacing that Black Knight kit is paramount to me because it means we are also likely to see the back of the absolutely vile Hexwraiths as well, but that's more being selfish as a Nighthaunt player.

Oh yes please give us new Hexwraiths. They look horrible next to all the newer models.

• Like 3

I'd appreciate a deathrattle expansion. Their little bit of loreis cool. Like how they have their own little kingdoms and do not like nighthaunt. A little inner alliance conflict and animosity helps give bones to a setting. Like iirc kruleboyz dont like SoB. 

Id like a new grave guard kit with three options, sword and board, great weapon and ranged. They're the elite of deathrattle. 

A New black knight with a ranged option would also be cool imo. 

Pertaing to the new Grave guard Underworlds kit, i wonder if the big fella is an ogor body guard. If so thats cool to see them sprinkled in like that across death. 

Keep the fantastical with obr but keep the classics with deathrattle. 

🤞

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

That would probably make me start a second Deathrattle army on top of the one I currently have.

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd appreciate a deathrattle expansion expansion. Their little bit of loreis cool. Like how they have their own little kingdoms and do not like nighthaunt. A little inner alliance conflict and animosity helps give bones to a setting. Like iirc kruleboyz dont like SoB. 

Deathrattle vs OBR is also a really interesting pairing.

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Pertaing to the new Grave guard Underworlds kit, i wonder if the big fella is an ogor body guard. If so thats cool to see them sprinkled in like that across death. 

The  preview makes it seem like all the Grave Guard are the sons of that Wight King boss. I guess the big boy just drank a lot of milk growing up.I

+1 for more undead Ogors, though. Still kinda miffed that Radukar is not an Ogor vampire.

25 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Deathrattle vs OBR is also a really interesting pairing

Obr is such an aesthetic failure for me. The idea behind it is soo cool though. Theres bits and pieces of their design that are excellent like that big fella from their Underworlds band. THAT thing screams ages old, elite of the elite bone soldier construct to a death god filled with many souls of warriors past. THAT should of been the mortek guard. If their direction had been that, a low larger model elite force I'd of been all over them but instead they dropped teensy weensy joker faced Saturday morning cartoon villain models. O_o

All subjective of course but I think they were done very wrong. 

But yes, a DR vs OBR kerfluffle would be epic! Bone on bone bloodsh...er marrow 🤔 shed!!

I think a nighthaunt vs deathrattle battlebox with new hexs and Black knights and a new Deathrattle hero would be spectacular!!!! 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

+1 for more undead Ogors, though. Still kinda miffed that Radukar is not an Ogor vampire.

Ogor vampires would be the most broken thing in existence and I am all for it. 

42 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd appreciate a deathrattle expansion. Their little bit of loreis cool. Like how they have their own little kingdoms and do not like nighthaunt. A little inner alliance conflict and animosity helps give bones to a setting. Like iirc kruleboyz dont like SoB. 

Id like a new grave guard kit with three options, sword and board, great weapon and ranged. They're the elite of deathrattle. 

A New black knight with a ranged option would also be cool imo. 

Keep the fantastical with obr but keep the classics with deathrattle. 

🤞

I would love new skeleton archers, nothing too fancy but something that allows us to snipe back at Order Factions and their guns. One thing I think would be really interesting is if we got something like a mix between a tomb and siege tower, repairing and summoning skeletons back to unlife as they fall in battle. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Obr is such an aesthetic failure for me. The idea behind it is soo cool though. Theres bits and pieces of their design that are excellent like that big fella from their Underworlds band. THAT thing screams ages old, elite of the elite bone soldier construct to a death god filled with many souls of warriors past. THAT should of been the mortek guard. If their direction had been that, a low larger model elite force I'd of been all over them but instead they dropped teensy weensy joker faced Saturday morning cartoon villain models. O_o

All subjective of course but I think they were done very wrong. 

But yes, a DR vs OBR kerfluffle would be epic! Bone on bone bloodsh...er marrow 🤔 shed!!

I think a nighthaunt vs deathrattle battlebox with new hexs and Black knights and a new Deathrattle hero would be spectacular!!!! 

I'm in agreement. I think their lore and the aesthetic of most of the range is great. The only ones I don't like are the mortek guard and cavalry and it's a shame because it's most of what you see. An unusual miss from GW on these. It doesn't  help they look like they'd rank up for WFB as well.

Edit: right now I e gone back and looked at them. They would rank, 20 to a box, when they came out they already looked behind GWs usual curve. These were designed before AoS! (My conspiracy anyway!)

Edited by CDM
Conspiratorial
  • Thanks 1