The Rumour Thread

I never understood why daemons of the ruinstorm never got an AOS warscroll. Literally all FW needed to do was write a scroll and they could sell those models to aos players in addition to heresy ones. Literally Leaving money on the table by not doing a very small amount of work, but that seems to be FW's MO at times, they did nearly the same thing by not bothering to put army keywords on the Fantasy/AOS warscrolls.

• Like 6

Mainly because it a strictly a Horus heresy unit and only in that game system 

other is that narratively both setting have not really established undivided daemons as a thing yet. Ruinstorm daemons are a rare occurance in 40K and AoS has not truly acknowledge their existence just yet. Only thing establish so far is Belekor.

as for leaving money on the table, given the price of those of model maybe it a good thing they are not that intergral to any of the main system from a consumer standpoints 

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Speaking of FW I wonder when AOS will just leave? Id love for plastic versions of all those sculpts.

Probably when Old world comes back, it suppose to be FW main operation once HH get converted to plastic.

expecting everything to go into plastic is another issue as most of the time old fantasy model just get discontinued 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh and what are the chances of Seasons of War Gallet* being announced this weekend? Or would that be better suited to a mainline Preview?

*Or wherever they decide to go.

There would have been an AoS banner on preview page if it was going to happen

1 minute ago, novakai said:

There would have been an AoS banner on preview page if it was going to happen

Thanks mate.

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

Probably when Old world comes back, it suppose to be FW main operation once HH get converted to plastic.

expecting everything to go into plastic is another issue as most of the time old fantasy model just get discontinued 

Very true. I just want the Troggoth Hag converted or updated.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Tzeentch herald on disc & blue scribes are resin too.
In a potential daemon release they could also expand on "undivided" daemons a bit more, which would be an interesting direction. Furies already play in that space a little bit.

It seems from dakka dakka leaks that furies have been removed from new demons codex.

So furies will still exist only in AoS 

According to @Norray there will be daemon brutes in upcoming khorne Underworlds warband.

Just now, novakai said:

Mainly because it a strictly a Horus heresy unit and only in that game system 

other is that narratively both setting have not really established undivided daemons as a thing yet. Ruinstorm daemons are a rare occurance in 40K and AoS has not truly acknowledge their existence just yet. Only thing establish so far is Belekor.

as for leaving money on the table, given the price of those of model maybe it a good thing they are not that intergral to any of the main system from a consumer standpoints 

Furies have been undivided daemons for ages. In some older editions they could even take marks IIRC.

AoS lore still has plenty of room to fit the daemons of the ruinstorm in, you could easily rename it and reflavor it a bit for the aos scroll and they wouldn't need to be undivided. You could flavor them as half-princes, Champions who went mad during the final step to daemonhood, but they also look a bit like big bloodletters so you could flavor it as a unit of hard hitting khorne daemons. 
What I'm getting at is I could write an aos warscroll for those guys with a small lore blurb in an afternoon, so surely FW could too, and just the existence of that warscroll will increase the sales of that kit. The idea that they want to keep it "HH only" is what I mean by leaving money on the table, There aren't really any benefits of it.

None of the aos FW models have ever been particularly meta, and I think thats a good thing, but there's a difference between "suboptimal but cool model", and making the models nearly impossible to play with by the game's rules. That difference is why things like the colossal squig and mourngul sell well enough to keep around, and why stuff like the magmawyrm and merwyrm didn't.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Furies have been undivided daemons for ages. In some older editions they could even take marks IIRC.

AoS lore still has plenty of room to fit the daemons of the ruinstorm in, you could easily rename it and reflavor it a bit for the aos scroll and they wouldn't need to be undivided. You could flavor them as half-princes, Champions who went mad during the final step to daemonhood, but they also look a bit like big bloodletters so you could flavor it as a unit of hard hitting khorne daemons. 
What I'm getting at is I could write an aos warscroll for those guys with a small lore blurb in an afternoon, so surely FW could too, and just the existence of that warscroll will increase the sales of that kit. The idea that they want to keep it "HH only" is what I mean by leaving money on the table, There aren't really any benefits of it.

None of the aos FW models have ever been particularly meta, and I think thats a good thing, but there's a difference between "suboptimal but cool model", and making the models nearly impossible to play with by the game's rules. That difference is why things like the colossal squig and mourngul sell well enough to keep around, and why stuff like the magmawyrm and merwyrm didn't.

I think is they are not ready or don’t want to put them into either setting until they know what they want to do with Undivided daemon hence why they are only in HH. If you write a half a$$ lore blurb about them it means your committed into putting them in the game.

as for FW majority of their profits for a long time has been Horus Heresy, they probably make enough from that game itself they haven’t needed to keep the other section as update for profit reason. It also probably FW models from both AoS and FW have been slowly disconnected without any new release from either line

33 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The Mourngul was totely broken during first edition. First thay trid to up the points to 400 and they hadd to rewrit the warscroll so forgeworld has made som mistaks for aos

• Like 1

Just now, novakai said:

I think is they are not ready or don’t want to put them into either setting until they know what they want to do with Undivided daemon hence why they are only in HH. If you write a half a$$ lore blurb about them it means your committed into putting them in the game.

as for FW majority of their profits for a long time has been Horus Heresy, they probably make enough from that game itself they haven’t needed to keep the other section as update for profit reason. It also probably FW models from both AoS and FW have been slowly disconnected without any new release from either line

writing lore blurbs for stuff didn't save any of the forces/models that were squatted.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

writing lore blurbs for stuff didn't save any of the forces/models that were squatted.

Yeah but things like Fimirs and Basalisk are lower outliers then say Undivided daemons that have only ever appear in the Horus Heresy because of a freaky condition in the Warp. So having them in the other game is a bigger deal.

then again a good chunk of stuff in Horus Heresy  outside of like Custode units are not usable in 40K either so they do keep a degree of separation. It not like this one situation of Ruinstorm daemon not in Sigmar is appalling  or wasting potential.

Edited by novakai

4 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Love to see the Ruinstorm Deamon Brutes from Forgeworld make a transition to plastic and appear in AoS. 

I would be so down for this, Undivided is my favourite form of chaos and I think a unit of Ogor sized heavies, the soulgrinder and our Furries would make a fantastic base for an undived demon force. I think that if they gave Raptoryx' the demonic keyword we'd really be in a good spot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Giving them aos stats would require forge world to remember that aos exists... Given that they are slowly discontinuing all their aos models I think we can conclude that that's not likely to happen any time soon...

Yeah, I would be surprised if they make anything for AoS from 4th onward. Not terribly surprised, maybe it takes another edition for molds to wear out, break, get lots or just scrapped, but the pattern is quite clear.

FW offers no benefit over GW, higher prices, harder to get, harder to work with, worse quality control, worse customer service and barely any attention to rules.

They do make nice Necromunda models though, and GW mainly price jumps made infantry heroes about the same price. Not really worth the price, like all infantry heroes.

They also sell nice Admech stuff from HH, but that's a space marine game, so far outside my interest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Brutes are easier to writte for AoS than HH, because they were not undivided nor had a mark (they had a "discipline", "reign", and a lot of "traits").

They would have to actually write them into AoS first, I am only guessing they don’t feel the need to or it something they need to plan it out with the 40K universe given that they like to make daemons parallel with both universe.

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

They would have to actually write them into AoS first, I am only guessing they don’t feel the need to or it something they need to plan it out with the 40K universe given that they like to make daemons parallel with both universe.

Yeah, completely agree. They need the will to do it, and I'm not sure that they want.

I'm not a fan of moving Brutes to 40k, it's the same setting afterall, it follows the same rules:
Brutes in HH are basic/generic Daemons because the humanity didn't have enough knowledge of Chaos powers to understand their form, so their elite units appear as Brutes in to the eyes of the Imperium, unless the Daemon itself had enough will to manifest with their most accurate true form, but that's exclusive to a Greater Daemons.
In 40k, it's easy for daemons to enter reality with a more accurate manifestation.

It would be a bit weird (from a Lore PoV) to see brutes with the same miniatures in 40k.