The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

If the GHB gave a boon to armies deploying 3 different non-hero battlelines that'd be fantastic, I feel like rewarding variety is long overdue

This would be great if all armies could viably do this. It's a shame GWs approach so far for updated armies seems to have been adding a simple foot hero rather than plugging obvious roster gaps (fyreslayers). Granted NH and Syl got some nice additions though

52 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Stormcast Player:

"Your poverty is disgusting"

I still have some Cities, who could contend for "highest percentage battleline", but I have more points of Kharadron, and they only have one unconditional battleline. To have three different ones, you'd need to take a skyport that gives a battleline and use the loondrinmaster as general (or use the loondrinmaster as general with both types of balloon boys).

You can't do this with another general.

I think they need at least one extra unconditional battleline.

• Like 1

Okay some clarification on how the new battalions work.

There is a new keyword “Galletian Veterans” which is given to all battleline infantry (units without a mount) with 4 wounds or less.

Only units with GV can join the battalion to count as 3 models when scoring.

The second battalion is any troop (not leader, artillery or behemoth). Units in this battalion gain +1 melee damage vs any Galletian Veteran (and not only those in the x3 scoring).

As an example, Liberators gain the Veteran keyword. Battleline Stormdrake Guard can go in the +1 damage battalion and will benefit +1 damage when fighting the Liberators.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I have more points of Kharadron, and they only have one unconditional battleline. To have three different ones, you'd need to take a skyport that gives a battleline and use the loondrinmaster as general (or use the loondrinmaster as general with both types of balloon boys).

You can't do this with another general.

I think they need at least one extra unconditional battleline.

Definitely; this puts a lot of restriction on KO list building. Funnily enough, when I decide to field typical Ironjawz force (i.e. Bloodtoofs) everything is battleline. Why? Don't know.

• Like 1

+1 damage to any troop unit is crazy. I think they obviously included it assuming that they needed to make it reasonable to remove the units that are counting as 3 on objectives... but this sounds like a massive overcorrection that is asking to be abused. Sadly the units worst impacted will be the ones that are already suffering with poor survivability.

Way I read it, it only works against troops in the 'counts as 3' batallion, not troops in general. It's basically a way to make that batallion more risky, but it creates a weird rock/paper/scissors scenario where you can lose out massively depending on the choices you made in list building with no way of knowing that in advance until you see your opponent's list.

I'm just hoping these are Veteran abilities for PtG instead and leakers got them mixed up.

Edited by Vastus

1 minute ago, Vastus said:

Way I read it, it only works against troops in the 'counts as 3' batallion, not troops in general. It's basically a way to make that batallion more risky, but it creates a weird rock/paper/scissors scenario where you can lose out massively depending on the choices you made in list building with no way of knowing that in advance until you see your opponent's list.

I'm just hoping these are Veteran abilities for PtG instead and leakers got them mixed up.

No the extra damage is vs ALL troops.

Dont know how I could have made that clearer 🤣

So effectively, unless I'm actually wanting to take them in the counts as 3 models for scoring purposes batallion or one drop them, then I probably don't actually want to take battleline infantry that are <5 wounds and/or without a mount since they'll be at risk of getting slaughtered in melee?

Meaning units like Gore-gruntas (in Bloodtoofs) and Mournfang Packs (in BCR) are stonks?

Edited by Jarminiatures
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jarminiatures said:

So effectively, unless I'm actually wanting to take them in the counts as 3 models for scoring purposes batallion or one drop them, then I probably don't actually want to take battleline infantry that are <5 wounds and/or without a mount since they'll be at risk of getting slaughtered in melee?

Meaning units like Gore-gruntas (in Bloodtoofs) and Mournfang Packs (in BCR) are stonks?

There are 6 battle tactics which need infantry, and player going second picks an objective that can only be contested by infantry.

• Like 1

It seems very strong but before saying it is too strong, we'll have to see how many units can be in the battalion giving +1 damage vs all troops, same thing about the one to count as 3 models when scoring. And that also means we'll have to do choices between the number of poses, the second artefact, thoses battalions, etc.

3 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

There are 6 battle tactics which need infantry, and player going second picks an objective that can only be contested by infantry.

Ahh of course ... so probably take some Veterans in the scoring batallion for objectives and battle tactics and then push everything else into the hunter batallion(s) to slice and dice might be a sensible approach?

Edited by Jarminiatures
  • Like 1