The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, tkt32583 said:

Honestly it sucks, and feels bad for other ranges which I guarantee will get the same treatment.

I feel any post I make seems v doom and gloom, but it's such a hugely missed opportunity. I have thought for a long while now  that updating units feels way more impactful than a hero model.

From what I heard it expensive to create a new mold and when it comes to redoing existing units they are more hesitant to do it unless they are absolutely sure they can sell enough of their initial production line to make a profit

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

From what I heard it expensive to create a new mold and when it comes to redoing existing units they are more hesitant to do it unless they are absolutely sure they can sell enough of their initial production line to make a profit

I honestly thought they would bet more on skavens, given the fame they've gained from Total War

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean that may be so, and I don't doubt that, but we are talking about some models that are up to 20+ years old.

I would be getting into Skaven instantly if they had a refresh, but seeing models that are massively outdated just puts me off.

But hey, I'm not working there, so I don't know the inner workings, so can't hate too much.

Well those of us hoping that COS would stay metropolitan are going to be extremely disappointed... Eddie basically confirmed that the COS Revamp-by-Dawnbringers is going to be about "regular humans" after the teaser trailer.

edit: "this isn't going to be the Empire from the Old World" ok that sounds great, but these bitz they're showing off still look 100% medieval European just like the Empire... could've fooled me.

image.png.bf621594ec61a4484ee0aea01af6c361.png

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Very interesting that the Ogroids were originally allied with/"in" the Destruction Alliance 🤔 So at least one Destruction race can be corrupted by Chaos.

We know that Chaos general loves corrupting races that are supposedly incorruptible, such as the Plague Ogres from Throne of Chaos, and the much beloved Chorfs, but these guys were generally a minority in comparison. I personally can't wait to see what GW does with S2D and other chaos factions in the future.

At least the Sylvaneth tome cover is really good, so I'm glad they didn't give them am ugly one, like they did with Maggotkin.

Sylvaneth models are really cool, maybe except the Lady of Vines. She might look cooler with different colors though

And I'm genuinely sad for all you rat fans atound here. I personally never liked Skaven very much but you really, really deserved some love from GW. 

So there’s gonna be SOME representation for non-humans? Um? No? That’s not how CoS work? Their whole thing is being made up of numerous mini factions. Trying to turn them into Empire 2.0 (with gothic aesthetics too even though they were based off of enlightenment stuff lmao) doesn’t bode well for this rework imo

Edited by JustAsPlanned
  • Sad 2