The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Here is Sylvaneth insect cavalary xD

They could make some cool conversions for some sulvaneth allied calvary still!

1 minute ago, novakai said:

looks like special zombie, surprisingly not too frankenstein

image.png

The zombies looks surprisingly generic. The necromancer is cool, will be a good proxy for the generic necromancer or even a good base for some necromancer kitbashes.

• Like 2

Mad scientist necromancer wins over his crowd, “I have no mouth and I must scream” vibes. Probably part of his exilement by Nagash so he can’t spread his “forbidden tech” secrets.

pity about the bugs but dang will those make amazing Freeguild & Sylvaneth kit ashes for Ghyran insect armies. :D (Well maybe not, those legs might be too spikey for the smooth rumor engine one.)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

Oooh, that’s cool! I’m all for building on each Mortal Realm like this. The heavy Match & Narrative integration means they can keep going deeper into them unlike when they went really deep in 2018 but it was only narratives and too random to be a battlefield staple.

This is hype! :D 

I was actually wondering if the boat might appear. Was looking into possible sub-factions for their tome and the Downpour Spirits was the first named NightHaunt encounter with a flying ghost ship back in the 2016 Beastclaw tome. 2 years before the Necroquake unleashed them.

“ In the midst of the Spiritstorm Downpour, a pack of Beastclaw hunters pulled down the necrofugue sails of the Deathsong Queen. The ogors’ brutal assault shattered the queen’s spirit-webs and robbed her Nighthaunt armies of their ghostly energy.”

Fun to see they sailed in a full circle. :D 

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Wasn't expecting an Elden Ring crossover but here we are.

5246262.png

Just when I thought the scriptor mortis was the best Nighthaunt model so far they one up themselves. I love the creepier aesthetic of both this and the scriptor mortis. Also love the different spirit hosts for once.

• Like 4

So lots of thoughts but I have work early, so I will wrap them quickly:

Necromunda: Absolutely Amazing models, cool concept and might get me to try out Necromunda if I can convince any of my friends to get this or the main starter box and then the other can grab the other boxset. Flea Riders are the best 40k army!

Underworlds: Neat, I was hoping for something more directly influenced by Frankenstein. Although we got our mad scientist vampire so I am stoked

BloodBowl: If I were better at converting I would have found my marauders

40K: This is literally what I have been waiting for to get into 40K but with rising prices I feel like it isn’t to be.. it is heart breaking as I literally have always wanted to make a Chaos Knight army. CSM teaser was hilarious

30K: Space Marines the game… hooray… but if I get Knights, CSM or Custodes I will try it out even if the armours ‘aren’t technically canon’

AOS: Loved the campaign book, new beast, terrain and night haunt hero! My idea for nautical NightHaunt on a frozen sea is more tempting then ever. But can I afford Chaos Knights instead?

Overall I liked every single reveal! The Chaos Knights will have me going through work on a high note and their eventual cost will leave me destroyed. 

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1