The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

According to todays honest wargamer show, the rumour is that there will be no new battletomes in 2022 after Sylvaneth & Skaven. 

That surprising, I would have expected at least two more in the Fall.

then again Rob sources are sometimes right (Kragnos new warscroll rewrite) and sometimes off ( Foxes getting their movement ability rewrite). But generally he can get real information 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

According to todays honest wargamer show, the rumour is that there will be no new battletomes in 2022 after Sylvaneth & Skaven. 

If that is supposed to mean no releases for AoS from September onward, I don't think I can believe it. I could maybe buy only other, non-battletome releases in Autumn, though.

• Like 1

I am guess he not counting if Warcry, Cursed city or Harrowdeep Pt2 as AoS releases since it be weird if it there was absolutely no AoS release. Unless the combination of imperial guard, world eaters, Chaos Daemon, and squats basically jam pack the Fall quarter

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I find that hard to believe, or should I say I just dont want to. If that's the case then AOS has been seriously nerfed for 2022 and all the 3.0 hype and Era of the Beast is but gone...but I digress!! I shan't believe it!!

• Like 3

Sadly I have no cause to doubt Rob here, since he got insider info on the Dragon production problem weeks before GW addressed it and he also got accurate leaks on Kragnos warscroll change. He also an ex GW employee who lives in Nottingham so if anyone who can get accurate info it would be him. 

2 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

thats just because the skaven and sylvaneth releases are just that massive right

well according to some of Whitefang reaction it either the same amount as other releases or Sylvaneath is the luck release

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sadly I have no cause to doubt Rob here, since he got insider info on the Dragon production problem weeks before GW addressed it and he also got accurate leaks on Kragnos warscroll change. He also an ex GW employee who lives in Nottingham so if anyone who can get accurate info it would be him. 

well according to some of Whitefang reaction it either the same amount as other releases or Sylvaneath is the luck release

Well that's no fun at all. So we may end up with 6 months of nothing for mainline AOS? I hope they plan on extending the Edition because that means we are gunna have to steamroller out Battletomes in 2023.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Well that's no fun at all. So we may end up with 6 months of nothing for mainline AOS? I hope they plan on extending the Edition because that means we are gunna have to steamroller out Battletomes in 2023.

not it will end like DLC or yearly versions of Video games .. Fifa or Call of Duty or Battlefield (not yearly but 3-4 years of beta test and when everything is release you change version)

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I was thinking the same thing. If there are really no releases after Slyvaneth/Skaven this year, then that must be because of global shipping and production issues. There is no way that GW wants to release just 6 battletomes this year. They want to move models. But if it happens, then the prospect of rushing into 4th edition in 2024 is not especially enticing. It's not exactly like the potential of 3rd edition has really been unlocked yet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

From what I hear it’s because Sylvaneth is going to be *ahem* controversial, to say the least 👀👀👀

I could live with a Lumineth-style Sylvaneth focus for a bit, if that's what is being implied here. And Sylvaneth are not even in my top 5 of Order armies.

But maybe they lean into the insect theme with the new book and it turns out the Silent People were an Order army all along.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I could live with a Lumineth-style Sylvaneth focus for a bit, if that's what is being implied here. And Sylvaneth are not even in my top 5 of Order armies.

But maybe they lean into the insect theme with the new book and it turns out the Silent People were an Order army all along.

Kurnothi but they look like Beastmen but are not beastmen and gives the BoC crowd more things to moan about

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Aprox. where in the video is he talking about this? Haven't got the time to watch 2 hours of twitch right now unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Ok....i know you can't explain but how it could be more controversial than the fact is another elgi army and probably we'll get only an hero?

In fairness they are mostly not really elgi but more like Ents 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Hello,

new member here! Could someone tell me which are the main sources about the rumors on Sylvaneth/ skavens releases? Getting pretty hyped here! 
And where do you get the infos about possible BoC style minis for Sylvaneth? I try to read as much as possible over here but getting lost sometimes as a really new member of this hobby..

cheers!!

• Like 1