The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

I am very curious how they are going to handle new stormcast. They did a battletome, then a mini battletome,  then a third battletome that brings it all together. Are they going to do another mini battletome,  and if so will they introduce new battleline units to make it viable or reprint some of the warscrolls from the main book or something else? 

Miniature wise each subsequent version of the stormcast has got  better, so, despite the inevitable cries of despair at more Stormcast and more Order, I am looking forward to seeing them.

I'm curious about this too. I wander if there will be a mini battletome with new allegiance abilities/artefacts for stormcast armies that take one of the new wizards or something? that would keep both the old book in circulation as well as the new one

a lot of things in chat:

- Roll for first turn

- New stormcasts

- New ghosts - battletome ''p**s off ghosts''

- Starter set June 30th

- AoS 'Battle Magic'

- Command points to use command abilities

- Combat changes - like 40k

Edited by LLV
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LLV said:

a lot of things in chat:

- Roll for first turn

- New stormcasts

- Starter set June 30th

- AoS 'Battle Magic'

Wow that's great changes. Roll for first turn (even without removing rolling for every turn) is awesome, Command Points for CA as well as some armies are just overusing it (Changehost) I would love 40k rules that charging units activate first in CC. 

Also those kind of changes nerfs some stupid builds like Clown Car or Changehost. 

6 minutes ago, LLV said:

(...)

- New stormcasts

- Starter set June 30th

(...)

I've read the exact same thing on French warfo. So kinda trusting that. And surely Rob & Co. still have connexions inside GW ;) 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LLV said:

Ugh... please no.

Having swapped from playing 40k 8th ed, to knocking the dust off of my old Fantasy stuff and finally getting around to Age of Sigmar, I prefer the way Age of Sigmar handles this stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

Wow that's great changes. Roll for first turn (even without removing rolling for every turn) is awesome, Command Points for CA as well as some armies are just overusing it (Changehost) I would love 40k rules that charging units activate first in CC. 

Also those kind of changes nerfs some stupid builds like Clown Car or Changehost. 

The combat is apparently going like 40k - so each combat resolved and charges going first rather than picking combats in turn.

• Like 1

Just now, LLV said:

The combat is apparently going like 40k - so each combat resolved and charges going first rather than picking combats in turn.

Can units still pile in during the opponents turn if they are close enough?  I like that part of Age of Sigmar compared to current 40k combat.

Oooh a big one I missed..... Im waiting for this to be confirmed fully but it seems like the priority roll is either majorly changing or going away completely. This is currently speculation but everything else I've seen and heard so far so its highly likely true.

Edited by LLV
  • Like 2

That's great I love those kind of changes much I'd rather have them cut double turn as well as it swings games too much but rolling for first turn is  great. 

@LLV so no double turns? Wow all those news sound like a dream all I hoped for AoS - cutting one drop alpha strikey list, Wh40k combat and no double turn. And my DoK isn't build around any of it. I love it, I love it. 

Edited by DantePQ

Just now, Skabnoze said:

Can units still pile in during the opponents turn if they are close enough?  I like that part of Age of Sigmar compared to current 40k combat.

Im not 100% sure how 40k works as I dont play it but I heard combat will be changed to be like 40k as its cleaner

Having played both systems, I'd say it is cleaner in some aspects but not others.  There are some things, such as the ability to pile-in during the opponents turn (sort of like a counter-charge) that I think serves to make Age of Sigmar stand out as different.

Oh well...

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Why introduce Command Points/Stratagems when the Malign Portents are the same thing but better?

I have not looked into Malign Portents yet, but I like the concept of Command Points & Stratagems - but I really do not care for how they have been implemented in 40k at all.  How did Malign Portents do it differently?

17 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Ugh... please no.

Having swapped from playing 40k 8th ed, to knocking the dust off of my old Fantasy stuff and finally getting around to Age of Sigmar, I prefer the way Age of Sigmar handles this stuff.

Me too this sucks so much. *sigh* We’ll time to use my GW models in another game system. 8th edition is blob central and alpha strike. That’s it. Whoever goes first tends to win. Whoever blobs the most and spams the most wins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Why introduce Command Points/Stratagems when the Malign Portents are the same thing but better?

The CP/S system for AOS2.0 may just be a generalization of the MP system, but working with the general instead of the Harbingers.

I'm sure the changes won't be to drastic.

1 minute ago, LLV said:

Stratagems havent been mentioned - the CP was for using the command abilities.

Oh, that's... interesting. Does this imply that you can use more than one command ability per turn? Can non-generals use their abilities?

So many questions.

Just now, PJetski said:

Oh, that's... interesting. Does this imply that you can use more than one command ability per turn? Can non-generals use their abilities?

So many questions.

Not sure- just that you get command points to use command abilities. 

3 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Me too this sucks so much. *sigh* We’ll time to use my GW models in another game system. 8th edition is blob central and alpha strike. That’s it. Whoever goes first tends to win. Whoever blobs the most and spams the most wins. 

I mostly play friendly games at my house.  In almost 100% of my games so far the game is over by top of turn-2 or early in turn 3.  The vast majority of the board is dead by then. I don't hate the game, but every time i play it just feels anti-climactic and a bit disappointing. 

It is a game where a colossal amount of stuff happens - and yet nothing really happens.  There is rarely a struggle over objectives, hardly any positioning or manuevering, just a small handful of movements, lots of people that appear out of nowhere for whatever reason, and then a ton of stuff that dies. 

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The CP/S system for AOS2.0 may just be a generalization of the MP system, but working with the general instead of the Harbingers.

I'm sure the changes won't be to drastic.

Well, as long it is not the exploitable army-construction absolute mess that the 40k system is then I could get on board with it.

• Like 1