The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

The statue of Khaine from the cauldron of blood kit seems to be freestanding in the background of the oracle photo, confirms what the older WHC article said. There's mist added but look like it might have its own base? It will be interesting to see if this is a 40k-style walking battle construct or a scenery piece like the gnarlmaw. You can build the cauldron kit as a cauldron without the statue easily enough, so maybe that will be an option too.

They already confirmed that it's its own thing

2 hours ago, Swooper said:

Today's warhammer-community offerings: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/

The Iron Heart  of Khaine ability is interesting. So is the fact that her monstrous form doesn't have a command ability, while her elf form does.

28055788_352906981785471_2602873968300325931_n.jpg.a820c87d84bc1fabc533ce3e1fa67264.jpg

This makes Morathi the most resilient creature in the mortal realms by far. Nagash, Archaon, treelord ancient, lord celestant on Stardrake - all are children made of candy wearing tissue paper in her iron presence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burf said:

They already confirmed that it's its own thing

Yeah, just wondering if by fielding it "as a separate unit, representing an iron Avatar of Khaine" they mean it to be a moving fighting statue, like the 40k Eldar one, or a fixed immovable piece of scenery like the Feculent Gnarlmaw. It's about twice the height of the 40k dude and would make a great centrepiece if it weren't overshadowed by the much taller cauldron of blood version and Morathi.

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Nope she can easily die in 2 battlerounds of combat. 

Sure, but there's no need to take damage in your own turn (she retreats if in an unfavorable combat), so if you want to keep her alive all game there's not much the opponent can do about it. I'm not saying thats overpowered - we won't know until we see other rules and points. But its certainly quite powerful.

16 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I don't think it will, she'll have 6 and then transforms to 12. If she takes 3 wounds and transforms she may just be replenished and must use the new warscroll. It says it takes a minimum of 4 turns to kill her, which wouldn't be true if she takes 3 transforms and only has 6 wounds left as that would be 3 turns? 

We don't know her exact ruling on how she transforms. She can lose control. I would assume that unloess you chose to transform her she would transform when she suffers he last wound as the Oracle. So  3 wounds a round. 4 rounds of combat. 2 battlerounds. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

We don't know her exact ruling on how she transforms. She can lose control. I would assume that unloess you chose to transform her she would transform when she suffers he last wound as the Oracle. So  3 wounds a round. 4 rounds of combat. 2 battlerounds. 

With good placement and ample witch elf bubble wrap she should be free from turn 1 charges. She should also have some pretty good magical defensive so maybe she can dispel most spells except from nagash and at a push arkhan? 

I can see he surviving a lot longer than two battle rounds except maybe skyfires spam. In your turn if she's in a crappy combat you know she'll lose her last 3 wounds in, just pull out and block her off. 

And on the warscroll cards we can make out most of the spells, enfeebling foe and the writhing are one there so if they are anything like there old lore of shadow fantasy equivalents she should be able to hold her own :P

Just like my ironjaws I've only ever lost my mawcrusha once haha! 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 3

I do agree she can die in 2 battle rounds. 

However if you are using her like that then you are most likely using her wrong. 

It's like people charging the glottkin or archaon forward alone and then  being surprised when they can't stand up to concentrated punishment. 

Unfortunately you have to pick your fights with big baddies. 

With the heart if Khaine ability this makes it even easier as you can be certain you won't lose her, depending where the double turn lies. 

Really interested to see how she plays out on the table. I will be getting her regardless of whether it's a good mechanic or not. There will always be ways to make her work.

Plus I do think she be worth her weight in gold in duality of death. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxPounder said:

I do agree she can die in 2 battle rounds. 

However if you are using her like that then you are most likely using her wrong. 

It's like people charging the glottkin or archaon forward alone and then  being surprised when they can't stand up to concentrated punishment. 

Unfortunately you have to pick your fights with big baddies. 

With the heart if Khaine ability this makes it even easier as you can be certain you won't lose her, depending where the double turn lies. 

Really interested to see how she plays out on the table. I will be getting her regardless of whether it's a good mechanic or not. There will always be ways to make her work.

Plus I do think she be worth her weight in gold in duality of death. 

Personally, I don't think you should even bother trying to transform her until turn 2 or 3. Oracle Morathi's command ability is arguably the best in the entire game and who knows how good her magic is going to be. I think waiting until power from pain gives you some rerolls to go full snake god a better idea.

• Like 1

Just now, BURF1 said:

Personally, I don't think you should even bother trying to transform her until turn 2 or 3. Oracle Morathi's command ability is arguably the best in the entire game and who knows how good her magic is going to be. I think waiting until power from pain gives you some rerolls to go full snake god a better idea.

Yeah, Gordrakk would love it if his command ability worked every turn! ;)

Just now, BURF1 said:

Very good point and I will be stealing this tactic immediately and shamelessly.

2 hours ago, MaxPounder said:

Very good point and I will be stealing this tactic immediately and shamelessly.

Pretty sure Nagash's CA is the best in the game. 

And if you wait to transform her till turn 3 she will be dead for sure. Any smart oppenent with shooting will take her out with a double turn. She may only take 3 wounds a battle round but she has 6 

35 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

And if you wait to transform her till turn 3 she will be dead for sure. Any smart oppenent with shooting will take her out with a double turn. She may only take 3 wounds a battle round but she has 6 

Agree about Nagash's CA, but the second part is just not true.  So many people trot out the old "dead to shooting turn 1/2" when the reality is that an extreme minority of lists you face in a tournament are capable of that, and of those that are, you play accordingly.    You might as well say "if I play poorly my opponent kills my models" 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Killax said:

Well yes, but that is because narratively speaking both Nagash and Gork and Mork split their ways completely with Sigmar. Where other gods have done this less so. This doesn't mean that they are in direct compliance to Sigmar but it still means that they will fight and unite for Order, instead of not.

If we would link it directly if anything I'd say a Grand Allegiance could be called more like a political believe even. But again I think that real life politics don't need to be blended here.

What I can say is that pretty much all Daughters of Khaine models can look great in mixed Order armies also, it just depends how you paint the rest of your army really. I mean I've seen amazing dark and gritty painted Stormcast which easily would fit GW's DoK paint scheme 'vibe'. At the same time there is also nothing stopping you from painting up the Daughters of Khaine in human fleshtones and golden armour :D I mean the difference between the snake ladies and mermaids isn't even that big sculpt wise...

I think you can make it work again! Paint schemes decide all.

Lastly it's also only the western world who sees snakes or snake beings as less good and more evil. When we look into mythology it's linked to fertility, rebith (like the phoenix), guardianship (like the lions), poison AND medicine and vindictiveness. These are all atributes that easily fit the norm of Order for multiple armies...

Oh no!! This is poison to my wallet!!!!! :(:(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Don't have her derped out in the dead center of the board. Problem solved. Even skyfires only have a 40" range. Add on to that the fact that she can change spontaneously and even if your opponent COULD shoot her off like that, they'e basically gambled the entire game on going after her. Good players won't even go after her most of the time. It's more efficient to kill everything around her first.

Oracle Morathi isn't that much bigger than a witch elf, LoS shouldn't be hard.

Basically if you lose her on a double turn after choosing not to transform her, that's your fault.

I will concede that stormcast lists will be anathema to this strat. Deepstriking judicators turn one, Rain of stars turn two, cry into beer turn 3.

Edited by Burf

19 minutes ago, Burf said:

I will concede that stormcast lists will be anathema to this strat. Deepstriking judicators turn one, Rain of stars turn two, cry into beer turn 3.

Remember that there is a very good chance that she will absorb one of the 3 allocated wounds with fanatical faith, so the chance that she dies in two turns is actually rather small.

• Like 2