The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I've received one rumour about the launch box via WhatsApp but it looks more wishlist than anything:

Stormcast:

- Lord Vigilant on Gryph
- Hero Knight - Like
- 5 liberators with Shields
- 5 liberators with hammers
- 3 reclusians y 2 memorians
- 3 prosecutors 

Skavens

- clawlord on mount
- revealed engineer
- 20 clanrats (all different)
- 3 jezzails 
- leaked ratling
- rat ogre 

Y 4 scenery elements

- ruined wall section
- ruined house frame
- watchtower with bell
- sigmarite statue with hammer

Well, at least that's SOMETHING.

If true, seems like a bit little for a starter box, but I guess those are AoS terms more than anything.

Alltho, the leak confirming the new machine is a ratling gun is my biggest no-no. Only a few people in the world know exactly wtf it is, and seems like the typical thing that GW could use to hunt their inner leakers.

Also, only 1 rat ogre? Not unexpected (I already specualted on it a few pages back) but it would be weird.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ok. This is a VERY important point. Hastings is a FAKE. They are pretending to be the old Hastings from before but they have a terrible track records. They got the launch of the old world completely wrong. They were the one that said Malerion's elves were on the way after silver tower. Don't believe a word they say. It's all just poorly informed guess work. Anything they get right is just a coincidence. 

For context, this is what they said about the old world. All complete nonsense. Screenshot_20240509-180012.png.09dae2587b8d87d94f36f5a80b326509.png

Yes , He canned totally the TOW starter box while Valrak was totally right about the two boxes and heroes (Nobody believed at the bone dragon)

But Hastings posted also this in June and October 2022 and Noboby belived him because everybody was expecting brand new box with brand new miniatures Kisliev vs Norsca.

Spoiler

0BF0A03F-6308-4F49-8B88-BDE62F56F945.jpe

So let wait for our seer @Whitefang to confirm or not the future of Underworlds and Warcry  🤞

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, at least that's SOMETHING.

If true, seems like a bit little for a starter box, but I guess those are AoS terms more than anything.

Alltho, the leak confirming the new machine is a ratling gun is my biggest no-no. Only a few people in the world know exactly wtf it is, and seems like the typical thing that GW could use to hunt their inner leakers.

Oh, forget about the names. I received it in Spanish and put the ratling wording from my own. I have included the original text for you:

Spoiler

Stormcast:

- Héroe en grifo-cuervo
- Héroe tipo Knight (nuevo o de la primera gama renovada). Fijaos que apuesto por un Knight alado. 
- 5 liberators con escudo 
- 5 liberators con dos martillos 
- 3 reclusians y 2 servidores 
- 3 prosecutors 

Skavens

- clawlord en rata gigante 
- ingeniero con mosquete 
- 20 clanrats (todos diferentes)
- 3 jezzails 
- amerratadora móvil 
- rata ogro 

Y 4 elementos de esceno

- sección de muralla en ruinas
- armazón de casa en ruinas 
- torre de vigilancia con campana
- estatua sigmarita con martillo

Also, it could feel a bit little, but think it is quite heavy in terms of terrain. It has almost the same content as the Thondian strongpoint minus the Incarnate. 

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , He canned totally the TOW starter box while Valrak was totally right about the two boxes and heroes (Nobody believed at the bone dragon)

But Hastings posted also this in June and October 2022 and Noboby belived him because everybody was expecting brand new box with brand new miniatures Kisliev vs Norsca.

Hide contents

0BF0A03F-6308-4F49-8B88-BDE62F56F945.jpe

So let wait for our seer @Whitefang to confirm or not the future of Underworlds and Warcry  🤞

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

As for the launch box contents, I'd be surprised to see just one rat ogre. They're trying to do legal units in the box sets these days and it would be odd to have rat ogres in smaller units than stormfiends. We've also heard rumours about a grey seer. I'd expect a minimum of three heroes per side. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Hastings posted also this in June and October 2022

This "Hastings" is indeed a FAKE - completly out of the loop and guessing, which ends up the same. 

War of Sigmar was well informed in 2015 with Lady Atia as a resident rumormonger, but with Bob (nice chap but no rumormonger himself) running the site alone, it hasn't been in years a reliable source of informations, only rumor reverb. 

What you posted about hastings is the most guesswork-y things ever. We knew by then by warcom (and the TOW map icons and artwork) that TK, Bret and O&G were amongst the first reworked factions. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

quite heavy in terms of terrain

Right, which makes me doubtful, BUT if this is true then it means - going by the names you received - that some of them MAY be Intact Azyrite Buildings* of a sort 🥲

* At least those two : 

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

This "Hastings" is indeed a FAKE - completly out of the loop and guessing, which ends up the same. 

War of Sigmar was well informed in 2015 with Lady Atia as a resident rumormonger, but with Bob (nice chap but no rumormonger himself) running the site alone, it hasn't been in years a reliable source of informations, only rumor reverb. 

What you posted about hastings is the most guesswork-y things ever. We knew by then by warcom (and the TOW map icons and artwork) that TK, Bret and O&G were amongst the first reworked factions. 

It was months before any TK, Brets and O&G artworks . At the time people was expecting Kislev , Norsca and Cathay brand new miniatures for TOW.

6 hours ago, novakai said:

Well we shouldn’t be banking that they will get a refresh this edition either way. But it already a big task just to redo Gluttons, Leadbelcher, and Ironguts while also having room to redo every single resin unit (especially since most of them are on the BCR side)

there also a possibility they sunset the whole range and reimagined them into a new range like what happen to Freeguild , High elves to LRL, or TK to OBR.

It ~10 kits while seraphon, Cities, S2D and Sylvaneth through 3 manage to do so

There no way their redoing Ogre like CoS or lumineth because they're not a core race that require a different Faction to seperate range. That would cause far more effort and trouble to do so for not altrantive reason. It just another seraphon or skaven refresh

Who was it that said we were getting new Orc Boyz and a plastic Wyvern? I was disappointed that those didn't appear, I have no desire to build and paint those ancient Orc Boyz again, had my fill of them over 20 years ago lol. The old Wyvern they released looks awful too IMO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

It was months before any TK, Brets and O&G artworks . At the time people was expecting Kislev , Norsca and Cathay brand new miniatures for TOW.

I'm still waiting for that kits 

10 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Right, which makes me doubtful, BUT if this is true then it means - going by the names you received - that some of them MAY be Intact Azyrite Buildings* of a sort 🥲

* At least those two : 

Yep, but as I said, this looks more like a Whislist to me.

You said : 

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Hastings posted also this in June and October 2022

The Artwork article is also October 2022, so not "month befores" :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/14/warhammer-the-old-world-orcs-bretonnians-tomb-kings-arrive/ 

And the Map's Icons are older (there was almost a year in between, with only Cathay for TTW previewed during this time).

Trust me, at the start of AOS I went daily to War Of Sigmar (even before TGA existed), and I've eagerly read "hastings" comments there. I did not recognize his writing style from the Warseer years. And he was constantly wrong (whereas on Warseer he was - with Harry - a trustable source).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Who was it that said we were getting new Orc Boyz and a plastic Wyvern? I was disappointed that those didn't appear, I have no desire to build and paint those ancient Orc Boyz again, had my fill of them over 20 years ago lol. The old Wyvern they released looks awful too IMO.

Found it: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/6654

Looks like a load of nonsense now!

Edited by Gareth 🍄

25 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

You said : 

The Artwork article is also October 2022, so not "month befores" :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/14/warhammer-the-old-world-orcs-bretonnians-tomb-kings-arrive/ 

And the Map's Icons are older (there was almost a year in between, with only Cathay for TTW previewed during this time).

Trust me, at the start of AOS I went daily to War Of Sigmar (even before TGA existed), and I've eagerly read "hastings" comments there. I did not recognize his writing style from the Warseer years. And he was constantly wrong (whereas on Warseer he was - with Harry - a trustable source).

This is from beginning of May 2022 at Warhammer fest : months before the first artwork of Tomb Kings and Bretonnia.

Most people laughed at him : relaunching Old world with the least selled fantasy armies.

NAPSSQ7.jpeg

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

This is from beginning of May 2022 at Warhammer fest : months before the first artwork of Tomb Kings and Bretonnia.

Most people laughed at him : relaunching Old world with the least selled fantasy armies.

NAPSSQ7.jpeg

That honestly read more like a lucky guess more then anything else 

Like we know TK & Bret was already know to be coming back since the initial announcement and just picked the two faction that got killed off post ET

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

That honestly read more like a lucky guess more then anything else 

Like we know TK & Bret was already know to be coming back since the initial announcement and just picked the two faction that got killed off post ET

100%. It was also guessed on Reddit and 4chan, maybe even here.

53 minutes ago, cyrus said:

May 2022 at Warhammer fest

Anyway, a lucky guess or a real info gleaned at a Designers' roundtable two years ago at WHFest still amounts to nothing next to his colossal (recent) track record of fake news. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Luperci said:

There will be 23 battletomes come aos 4, 24 if IJ and KB are split. The edition will have 12 quarters, leaving the last 2 or 3 free for end of edition campaign stuff then there should be at least 2 battletomes per quarter if they want to get them all out. I expect q3 this year to be skaven + stormcast. Q4 will probably only be 2 books also. But I think 2025 we'll see most of the books done by end of the year which is like 3 books per quarter. If we see a roadmap it'll be the first 4 books, and then they give us the grand alliance of the first book for next year or something. Maybe not at this showcase but whenever they show off the non launch box skaven and stormcast stuff.

Great stuff, yea this is 99% likely to be what happens i think

Should have specified in my post that I dont expect there to be any huge quarters like this one was with 40k having 5 codexes

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luperci said:

There will be 23 battletomes come aos 4, 24 if IJ and KB are split. The edition will have 12 quarters, leaving the last 2 or 3 free for end of edition campaign stuff then there should be at least 2 battletomes per quarter if they want to get them all out. I expect q3 this year to be skaven + stormcast. Q4 will probably only be 2 books also. But I think 2025 we'll see most of the books done by end of the year which is like 3 books per quarter. If we see a roadmap it'll be the first 4 books, and then they give us the grand alliance of the first book for next year or something. Maybe not at this showcase but whenever they show off the non launch box skaven and stormcast stuff.

I agree, I also think there is a good chance of a "new" army in Spring/Summer of 2025 such as Chaos Duardin or Malerion Elves. They seem to like to use the "middle year" of the edition to launch something new, but the timing varies based on what they are releasing for other systems. 

4 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

I agree, I also think there is a good chance of a "new" army in Spring/Summer of 2025 such as Chaos Duardin or Malerion Elves. They seem to like to use the "middle year" of the edition to launch something new, but the timing varies based on what they are releasing for other systems. 

Chorfs have been confirmed to be the 4th edition faction. I also think mid 2025 is their release date.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't care one way or the other about Hastings being the original or not but I concur, they aren't the original.

However, I would like to add for objectivity that I think judging anyone by pre-release Old World rumors isn't a great bar to measure with.
That project was rescoped and tumble dried a few times. Information and planning could very easily have been leaked to those who were in hindsight wrong (and there were a few rumour-mongers) and have been correct hearsay at the time (or some time before).
I would stick to judging them by other items like their AoS and 40K rumour reliability (which, is also provably a poor result). Seems a touch more reliable of a unit to measure one by.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

Generally they like releasing a new army in October/November but they have been doing these year long teasing of new armies before they release. Example would be Votann and CoS. (Edit: also Bonereapers)

that said it sounds like 2025 will be Emperor Children’s if Valrek new rumor is true (barring any internal problems)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Likewise I can see maneaters, firebelly, slaughtermaster and yhetees being canned.

Frost sabres could potentially be in that list too, but there's a cat in one of the underworlds warbands, so that could be a sign they're being revamped.

I'm not sure if they'll update gluttons/leadbelchers/ironguts either.

If they do, and the new designs look closer to the bloodpelt hunter, then they'd potentially have to redo the beastclaw stuff too, as the riders are quite similar to current gutbusters.

Hence why GW are probably not done canning models this edition, and it can still happen when one armies Battletome comes out.

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

There no way their redoing Ogre like CoS or lumineth because they're not a core race that require a different Faction to seperate range.

Just so I understand here you think they're not getting a big attention release because they're not important enough?