The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Last year we ran a Mordheim campaign at my club. The problem we had was not about balance (we policed ourselves a lot) but about the incentives structure about the game: consequences are brutal so you don't want to risk your leaders (I *could* charge jumping down a building but why would I??) + "winning" a scenario is not that beneficial compared to just surviving it, so basically our games were just a little scrap among our henchmen until one side had the option to withdraw and inevitably took it.

The parts before and after the games were the best part of our experience, so ultimately most people lost interest in actually playing.

Yes, that's one of the core problems of Mordheim. Core scenarios really lack incentive to play them, too few of them actually give you enough rewards that's worth risking your heroes and (more generally) the well being of your warband on long term.

Some scenarios made after in expansions or players did try to adress that problem in being more generous in its rewards, or give more options in the campaign system to cater to that (one of my groups did change the way to gain money afterward by allowing surviving heroes that were out of action during the game to still roll for exploration - helps a lot to involve more your heroes in dangerous actions). But sometimes, you indeed still want to rout voluntarily rather than going full out. That problem doesn't exist at all in Warcry. Even if some people here don't want to aknowledge it as Mordheim's spiritual successor, the reasons why its campaign system is so "light" and forgiving is directly because of Mordheim's own - and Sam Pearson himself said so in the interview he made. Warcry designers did want to make a Mordheim-like game, but better. And IMHO...they kinda succeeded (Warcry is a damn great game, easy to learn and fast to play) even though it's not replacing Mordheim at all.

Frostgrave is often seen as another of those Mordheim's spiritual successors - and one of its greatest mechanisms is to tie the money each band gains afterwards directly to the treasures you get during the game : thus giving a hell of an incentive to actually play them and get those treasures.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Speaking of characters getting their dues hopefully Destruction can get a proper win for once as well. 

Proper win ? What do you mean by that ?

They have already quite great named characters so far (I mean, at least litterally given their size).

6 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Nagash being the one to thwart the Skaven's 4th edition plot at the last moment would be amazing.

Bone Pope revenge tour.

How confident are we that Nagash will be back again for the 4th edition? Maybe it is time to get the Mortarchs to the main scene.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

We need to stop using "good game" and "bad game". 

Just say what you like and what you don't, it's better than talk about absolutes.

I absolutely agree with you. That was a good post.

Jokes aside, I think whenever something is said to be good or bad, it is always implied that it comes from the POV of the writer.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Speaking of characters getting their dues hopefully Destruction can get a proper win for once as well. 

Maybe we get a proper resolution for Kragnos in Dawnbringers 6?

I was listening yesterday to a summary about DB 5 and at the end the guy was throwing hypotheses for the last book, and one that was pretty interesting was the following:

What if Kragnos is the one going to Aqshy and just smashes over Blight City? The rats' buildings doesn't look to firm, a little earthquake and problem solved. Bring the 5th edition, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully ogors actually get a big named character soon that can stomp around and get some Ws

3 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Proper win ? What do you mean by that ?

They have already quite great named characters so far (I mean, at least litterally given their size).

As of now Ogors have no named character minis. They need some. Also they need a presence in the narrative as of now we are seeing them more prevelant in COS than their own Faction.

26 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Hopefully ogors actually get a big named character soon that can stomp around and get some Ws

Absolutely agree mate. I have a very strong inkling that Globb Glittermaw will be getting a model in 4th. And I hope he's glorious.

23 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

We know Warcry is this week because someone accidentally revealed their video review for Pyre and Flood a few days ago. 

Finally! The long wait is over!!

Then today's gotta be Kill Team + Warcry. Would GW surprise us by releasing both pending Warcry/Kill Team boxes?

Edited by Ejecutor

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As of now Ogors have no named character minis. They need some. Also they need a presence in the narrative as of now we are seeing them more prevelant in COS than their own Faction.

Maybe that's a sign... welcome to your new faction.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Lol imgaine if GW actually know how to write destruction ..idk about you, but Era of Beast was ment to be all about them..lul

So dont get your hopes up in next edition,because its all about Rats and chaos this time

Edited by Baron I_oyd
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Lol imgaine if GW actually know how to write destruction ..idk about you, but Era of Beast was ment to be all about them..lul

Actually, GW doesn't know how to write Nagash too ^^ I mean, yes, the Necroqake and the skaven thing is perfect because Nagash is too megalomaniac to change his plan. Yes, but after that ? Nothing and he die from the magicals and dirty hands of a Elf ! And I don't speak for Arkhan.

One day may be Arkhan would recreate the friendship between Nagash and Sigmar

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Actually, GW doesn't know how to write Nagash too ^^ I mean, yes, the Necroqake and the skaven thing is perfect because Nagash is too megalomaniac to change his plan. Yes, but after that ? Nothing and he die from the magicals and dirty hands of a Elf ! And I don't speak for Arkhan.

One day may be Arkhan would recreate the friendship between Nagash and Sigmar

Thats true, but keep in mind that Teclis won, because of power of friendship..we all read that book..Teclis was about to die, but then GW realizie they cant kill Teclis so earlier, so they pulled deux ex machina luminarks out of their ass

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe we get a proper resolution for Kragnos in Dawnbringers 6?…

Still hoping Kragnos evolves into a chaos character. I can’t look at it and not see BoC. Biggest miss by far for me in the whole Destruction line. Give me something that aligns to the Destruction aesthetic.

• Like 1