The Rumour Thread

BTW, I know it got lost in the doubleturn thing, but they HEAVILY imply that not every hero will be able to use every command ability every turn. Sorry anyone who wanted to do the Nagash/Arkhan combo or whatever else crazy is out there.

1 minute ago, BURF1 said:

I have. It's not super common but against low shooting armies or armies that rely on the doubleturn themselves(death) it can win you the game. Set up a wayback deployment, buff up as much as you can and force your opponent to DT 1-2 and either deny them the DT for the rest of the game or take the DT yourself the next turn for a 2-3 hammerblow.

Its something I did quite a lot with my KO as well.  Sit back and let you come in to my gun line for 2 turns, I dont care if you double turn me on 1/2 if you're not Murderhost.

12 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

BTW, I know it got lost in the doubleturn thing, but they HEAVILY imply that not every hero will be able to use every command ability every turn. Sorry anyone who wanted to do the Nagash/Arkhan combo or whatever else crazy is out there.

Where do you read that

3 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Where do you read that

In the slaves to darkness article they said that Archaon's command ability isn't going to change and is still going to be one of the most powerful in the game.

To me that implies that, while each hero can use their unique command abilities, only some limited number will be able to do so per hero phase.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Burf said:

In the slaves to darkness article they said that Archaon's command ability isn't going to change and is still going to be one of the most powerful in the game.

To me that implies that, while each hero can use their unique command abilities, only some limited number will be able to do so per hero phase.

Not for myself it only says that there are no big change on his and it's one of the best not more

13 hours ago, Burf said:

Has there been rumour-mongering that it'd be a command ability free-for-all?

I'd just taken GWs preview on that to mean you don't need to choose your commander every hero phase. Just one ability from any hero with a command ability in your army.

Maybe it'll be more than that though.

Info is scarce but I'm enjoying a lot of what's being teased!

Edited by Turragor

6 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Not for myself it only says that there are no big change on his and it's one of the best not more

His command ability enables everyone else to use their command abilities.  If it is still powerful(or one of the best) that means that the core mechanism they are adding to enable all heroes to use command abilities isnt going to be free, there will be some drawback or cost associated with it or it will be limited in another way.

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Sometimes people don't take a double turn when they could, but had anyone ever chosen to give their opponents a double turn?

Sometimes people might choose to be black in chess, that doesn't make it a good idea just because you have the choice. 

7 minutes ago, lolwut said:

Sometimes people might choose to be black in chess, that doesn't make it a good idea just because you have the choice. 

I dont want to keep droning on about the double turn in the rumors thread, but maybe go take a look at all the other threads on the topic to get an idea of how others use it strategically.  There are plenty of instances where it IS a good idea and its obviously here to stay for the time being.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-contents-of-2nd-edition-starter.html

If the picture is true some weird sized units but maybe that pic is not accurate since it is just from the previews on community website.

Rumor about content of new starter box. Personally I am hoping they give full size units so you aren’t stuck with three retributors or the like. 

082C018F-46F1-438B-9D06-5F68F376F0EE.jpeg

Edited by Caladancid

5 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

If the picture is true some weird sized units but maybe that pic is not accurate since it is just from the previews on community website.

Rumor about content of new starter box. Personally I am hoping they give full size units so you aren’t stuck with three retributors or the like. 

I think the lady wizard with the crystal on left hand will come on the new starter. They released her warscroll and there's only one Stormcast hero on that picture vs three on nighthaunt...

Said that I hope they release full units, I hate that 3 retributors issue 

15 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

This doesn't look to be anything more substantial than the guessturbating people(myself included) are doing around here.

Edited by bsharitt

35 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

This doesn't look to be anything more substantial than the guessturbating people(myself included) are doing around here.

This is a comment on lady atia's blog speculating on the boxed set contents that got hijacked by someone and fed to faeir as rumors.

A safer bet would be that all the stuff in the previews is what's in the starter set.

2 hours ago, Ahn-ket said:

There could be a slight change to his ability that you can use all abilities twice

That's not a slight change, that's a cataclysmic upheaval. Seriously look at the command abilities available to all factions and ask yourself if you'd want to have to deal with the type of nonsense stacking 6 of them would create.

Then imagine them going of twice. There is NO way they're doing unlimites command abilities.

9 minutes ago, Burf said:

This is a comment on lady atia's blog speculating on the boxed set contents that got hijacked by someone and fed to faeir as rumors.

A safer bet would be that all the stuff in the previews is what's in the starter set.

I’m confused. The stuff in the pic is exactly what has been in the previews. 

I think it is highly likely that the starter set will be the previewed minis including the two wizards. The dark imperium box set had two identical sprues for the primaris and death guard. This box looks like it will be the same. If you look at the sequitors, castigators, chainmail horde and not undead Skaven,  they are all made up of pairs of identical miniatures.

Also in the Warhammerfest displays there were alternative sculpts of most of the minis. There was an alternative nighthaunt wizard with the same mask but a different lantern. There was an alternative lord executioner, a male knight Incantor and alternative version of all the stormcast units including the warmarchine with different crew. 

The only models without duplicates are the two big mounted guys.

Unfortunately that does mean we will get a couple of understrength units. I think GW will probably do some easy to build sets to fill out these units.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BURF1 said:

I have. It's not super common but against low shooting armies or armies that rely on the doubleturn themselves(death) it can win you the game. Set up a wayback deployment, buff up as much as you can and force your opponent to DT 1-2 and either deny them the DT for the rest of the game or take the DT yourself the next turn for a 2-3 hammerblow.

The last game I played against change host I was playing skyborne slayers.  I put everything in the sky except the three non battalion units which I put way way back in my deployment zone.  I had to go first and I did nothing.  Change host player couldn't figure out a way to advance very far while protecting his whole back line against a sky drop, so just kind of shuffled forward and spread out.  I won priority roll and gave it back to him.  He had no idea what to do.  Move forward onto the central objectives and expose himself? Shuffle forward a bit more? (what he ended up doing).  

I came down from the sky and wrecked his day.  It was fun watching him try to make decisions that do not present themselves under normal circumstances.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Caladancid said:

That's an image somebody put together for 4chan. It's just an educated guess