The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I personally think these are part of a new flesh eater expansion as well, and I personally can’t wait to see what GW does with them. Soulblight are Nagash’s strategists/bureaucrats, the OBR have become his heavy hitters, and Nighthaunt are the shock troopers, therefore the freshwater courts are the ones who need a new purpose in life besides being canon fodder.

Sorry @Neverchosen, but I hope it’s not Ushoran. If they do bring him back (preferably as a Mortarch), then it’ll probably be some kind of huge daemon prince tier kit. This could be a new hero/part of his retinue though.

Did said artist have any Tomb Kings or Araby concepts? And if so where can I find them? Jokes aside I do wonder how GW is gonna evolve the range, so far the new (underworlds and Arch Regent) FEC models are just ghouls with one piece of armor and bones, it doesn’t really sell the “deluded nobility” aspect if they aren’t wearing some sort of skin cloak.

Every Grand Alliance has a Faction I cannot wait to see updated. For Death its definately FEC. I hope we get cavlary, a more elite troop, a Hero and a large Monster.

Theres so much that can be done with the Deluded Nobility its rife for potential.

Chaos is either Beasts of Chaos or Skaven.

Order is Seraphon and Duardin.

Destruction is literally everything.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

On the topic of Beasts of Chaos rumours, what are the latest whispers from around the herdstone? 

Unfortunately nothing as of yet. Which is both good and bad. If they arent the Autumn Chaos Tome it means theres a chance of a significant update.

The Horn in the Rumour Engine that seems to belong to Terrain is a good sign that perhaps BOC will at least get a Warcry Warband!!

59 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Sorry @Neverchosen, but I hope it’s not Ushoran. If they do bring him back (preferably as a Mortarch), then it’ll probably be some kind of huge daemon prince tier kit. This could be a new hero/part of his retinue though.

Between Katakross, Glutos, and the Silent King I imagine the Carrion King to be on a large display base surrounded by mad courtiers. 

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Unfortunately nothing as of yet. Which is both good and bad. If they arent the Autumn Chaos Tome it means theres a chance of a significant update.

The Horn in the Rumour Engine that seems to belong to Terrain is a good sign that perhaps BOC will at least get a Warcry Warband!!

I feel like BoC are set up for a massive release this edition and will narratively function similarly to OBR last edition as a Major threat with hints throughout. Maybe I am just naive but the Morghur references just feel a little special. 

• LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Every Grand Alliance has a Faction I cannot wait to see updated. For Death its definately FEC. I hope we get cavlary, a more elite troop, a Hero and a large Monster.

Theres so much that can be done with the Deluded Nobility its rife for potential.

Chaos is either Beasts of Chaos or Skaven.

Order is Seraphon and Duardin.

Destruction is literally everything.

Skaven definitely need to be updated, they’re arguably the most Warhammer faction GW has and they’ve been left to rot! Unless the rats are getting a boatload of models when TOW drops then I see no reason for this to happen.

duardin definitely need an expansion throughout the ranges (fyreslayer calvary, kharadron ships, dispossessed EVERYTHING).

Id argue only Ogors, Spiderfang, and bonesplittaz really need an update…. But that’s nearly Alf the range so I’ll concede your point.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Between Katakross, Glutos, and the Silent King I imagine the Carrion King to be on a large display base surrounded by mad courtiers. 

I feel like BoC are set up for a massive release this edition and will narratively function similarly to OBR last edition as a Major threat with hints throughout. Maybe I am just naive but the Morghur references just feel a little special. 

YES. A massive Iron Throne style model with Ushoran seated on too with 'Hounds' at the base!!

10 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

A fine motto to live by if there ever was one!

WAAAGH!!

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Skaven definitely need to be updated, they’re arguably the most Warhammer faction GW has and they’ve been left to rot! Unless the rats are getting a boatload of models when TOW drops then I see no reason for this to happen.

duardin definitely need an expansion throughout the ranges (fyreslayer calvary, kharadron ships, dispossessed EVERYTHING).

Id argue only Ogors, Spiderfang, and bonesplittaz really need an update…. But that’s nearly Alf the range so I’ll concede your point.

Ogors only need dynamic posing on Gluttons, 2 characters, Plastic Butcher/Slaughtermaster, Yehtees and Gorgers and they are perfect.

Spiderfang need updated Spider Riders, an inbetween Spider Rider and Arachnarok Siege Machine Spider and foot troop option.

Bonesplitterz could do with updated foot troops and a chariot, bring back chariots GW!! An Elite foot troop and a few new hero models. Id also love to see another unit added to Ironjawz.

TROGGOTH HERO, SULPHUR TROGGOTH AND SOUR BREATH TROGGOTH.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

YES. A massive Iron Throne style model with Ushoran seated on too with 'Hounds' at the base!!

Give that ghoul a BONE THRONE! I'd love to see ghoulified wolves or something, those could look very cool. Otherwise I'd expect it to be a horde of regular ghouls with collars and chains attached to the throne or something.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Spiderfang need updated Spider Riders, an inbetween Spider Rider and Arachnarok Siege Machine Spider and foot troop option.

Throw in Spider-Mutants/daemons and that’s a perfect release.

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like Ushoran will have at least one retinue character holding a broken mirror, showing him his “true” face. Otherwise it seems that nearly every faction/alliance has at least one diorama type model nowadays. 
Beasts of Chaos are definitely going to be the big bad of 3rd. Morghur has been teased to be coming, and the one Broken Realms character they have continually appears outside the book he was introduced.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

BOC needs it the most IMO. 
Especially, in today’s modeling world. The things GW could do with them would be amazing. Plus it’s supposed to be the time of the beasts!!! 

The question is: if we know S2D is getting a slight revamp in winter would they do another chaos rework and if so when would it be?!?

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Don't know why people around here would assume that it's Beasts of Chaos coming around as the great antagonist of this edition when it's Slaves to Darkness who are receiving a massive range update that expands their already quite large tome with even more stuff. 

Of course I'd be happy to be in the wrong here since Beastmen of yonder had one of the most flavourful faction books ever written. I mean, it is supposed to be the Era of the Beast, but I find it hard to believe that they'll do two massive releases for Chaos.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Don't know why people around here would assume that it's Beasts of Chaos coming around as the great antagonist of this edition when it's Slaves to Darkness who are receiving a massive range update that expands their already quite large tome with even more stuff. 

Of course I'd be happy to be in the wrong here since Beastmen of yonder had one of the most flavourful faction books ever written. I mean, it is supposed to be the Era of the Beast, but I find it hard to believe that they'll do two massive releases for Chaos.

That’s TGA, everything is related to ogors, BoC and dwarves xD

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Give that ghoul a BONE THRONE! I'd love to see ghoulified wolves or something, those could look very cool. Otherwise I'd expect it to be a horde of regular ghouls with collars and chains attached to the throne or something.

Oh that would be awesome with Hunting Ghouls!! 

58 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Throw in Spider-Mutants/daemons and that’s a perfect release.

I feel like Ushoran will have at least one retinue character holding a broken mirror, showing him his “true” face. Otherwise it seems that nearly every faction/alliance has at least one diorama type model nowadays. 
Beasts of Chaos are definitely going to be the big bad of 3rd. Morghur has been teased to be coming, and the one Broken Realms character they have continually appears outside the book he was introduced.

I cannot wait to see the future of BOC!!

12 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I think its to do with the Edition. If Chaos is the big bad and its NOT Beasts of Chaos that is a lame villain. Chaos is the ever present big bad, it either has to be Destruction or BOC.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

That’s TGA, everything is related to ogors, BoC and dwarves xD

Dont forget Chaos Duardin and Vampirates!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I think of Slaves to Darkness as the over arching villains of the setting. We also know certain elements of their story and they are functioning as major antagonists in most of the realms. The reason we think of Beasts as being set up for a major role has to do with the references to the return of a major character and the setting of the realm of Beasts. I think that they will come out in force and add a major threat in Ghur and the Slaves to Darkness will be present but Archaon and Be'lakor's machinations seem focused elsewhere. Of course the tome will help to route the Slaves to Darkness into Ghur but I think Morghur and the Beasts will be a major faction at some point in this editions narrative.

I feel like the Orruks will get the Win in the end though and we will see them as the protagonists (not necessarily heroes) of the edition.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I don't think BoC will get a big release this year, but I do think there is some chance of them being a much larger antagonist rather than the NPC faction. The movements in Thondia would suggest BoC are moving towards something more grand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't think BoC will get a big release this year, but I do think there is some chance of them being a much larger antagonist rather than the NPC faction. The movements in Thondia would suggest BoC are moving towards something more grand.

Could they be the 4th edition starter army?

I could see them buying time and then hitting against the Dawnbringers/stormcast

What a wonderful thing to imagine lol

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Ogors only need dynamic posing on Gluttons, 2 characters, Plastic Butcher/Slaughtermaster, Yehtees and Gorgers and they are perfect.

Honestly, I'd keep the models we currently have if we got rules to make the models worth a damn. Gluttons literally don't work with the new coherency rules due to their base size and lack of reach on their weapons, not to mention they have zero rend in an edition of 2/3+ saves.

53 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

Honestly, I'd keep the models we currently have if we got rules to make the models worth a damn. Gluttons literally don't work with the new coherency rules due to their base size and lack of reach on their weapons, not to mention they have zero rend in an edition of 2/3+ saves.

I think we’ll see them this summer. Probably a new butcher and I’m sure they will get special rules for coherency like other armies have got in 3.0

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/26/outfox-your-opponents-with-teleporting-trees-thanks-to-vibrant-new-sylvaneth-rules/

Love the sound of these rules. Turning the board into a overgrown forest and dissappearing from combat is crazy powerful. 

Bring it on!! 

Teleporting out of combat is nuts, but it's a lot easier to deny the sylvaneth player teleports now since you just have to be within 3" of the overgrown terrain/wyldwood.

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Could they be the 4th edition starter army?

I could see them buying time and then hitting against the Dawnbringers/stormcast

What a wonderful thing to imagine lol

4th Edition is still at least 3 years away. I think it's a bit early to start speculating about it, considering that we'll probably be getting the first wave of Dawnbringers early-mid next year (revealed in the same way as World Eaters, who are pretty much confirmed to be coming around end of 2022 early 2023)

26 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

4th Edition is still at least 3 years away. I think it's a bit early to start speculating about it, considering that we'll probably be getting the first wave of Dawnbringers early-mid next year (revealed in the same way as World Eaters, who are pretty much confirmed to be coming around end of 2022 early 2023)

If the current edition cycle stays the same AoS 4th edition will be out in 2 years with 10th edition 40k out next year. 

• Like 1