The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Veillotron said:

Well, here's a rumour (kind of) for those who might have missed it: at the end of the What's New in December article, GW wrote: "Make sure you come back to Warhammer Community on Saturday for a closer look at these releases and even more reveals – there’s one, in particular, you won’t want to miss".

From memory, wasn't Tzeentch previewed in December last year, saying that Tzaanuary was going to be a great month?

So I'm putting my thin foil hat, crossing my fingers and making the prediction that a new AoS set of models will be announced on Saturday. It's going to be BIG!

Re the new Lord-Celestant:

1) His face reminds me of Meatloaf (the singer). I am not a huge fan of the sculpt, but just to have Meatloaf in my team I might get him.

2) I'm actually looking forward to this new Lord-Celestant's war scroll - seems like he will have more of a defensive focus...

Interesting, but isn't the 40k open day this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just 40k stuff.  If memory serves the tzeentch stuff was teased nearer Christmas around the time they did the year end round up

On 11/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, BrownDog said:

Related to the long black library post, near the end it mentions a new AOS trilogy pend by Nick Horth, found some new info, Called Callis and Toll: Silvershard  extending the story of characters from City of Secrets. Found a blurb at http://www.hugendubel.de/de/buch/nick_horth-warhammer_age_of_sigmar_callis_und_tol-30496965-produkt-details.html (translated)

"Witch hunter Hanniver Toll and former release soldier Armand Callis are following Ortam Vermyre, the treacherous judge of the city of Excelsis. Together with dangerous corsair queen Arika Zenthe and ace fish treasure hunter Shev Arclis, they must brave the dangerous waters and jungles of the Claw Coast to stop Vermyre before he reaches the lost city of Xoantica. In their forgotten ruins lies the silver shard, an artifact from another world with the power to change reality itself. If she falls into the hands of the arch-traitor, the fate of Excelsis and perhaps even all of the great Sigmar towns in Ghur - the realm of the beasts - is at stake"

"Witch hunter Hanniver Toll and former freeguild soldier Armand Callis are following Ortam Vermyre, the treacherous judge of the city of Excelsis. Together with dangerous corsair queen Arika Zenthe and aelven treasure hunter Shev Arclis, they must brave the dangerous waters and jungles of the Claw Coast to stop Vermyre before he reaches the lost city of Xoantica. In its forgotten ruins lies the silver shard, an artifact from another world with the power to change reality itself. If it were to fall into the hands of the arch-traitor, the fate of Excelsis and perhaps even all of the great Sigmar towns in Ghur - the realm of the beasts - is at stake"

Cleaned up a few spots. :-)

• Like 1

On 23/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, Soldier of decay said:

December’s new release announcement is just another kick in the teeth to AOS players.

We get one new model, that we already have a model for, for the largest army already.

meanwhile 40k sees 11 new models and 2 more books. 

Just say it GW. AOS is an afterthought. 

If next year actually has any releases for AOS( main game, not one of the 12 alternatives) how much of you player base are you going to lose in the meantime. I think I’m about to just put it down. Sick of the disappointment. 

Then get out. You won't be missed.

Like seriously, and sorry if this does come as too negative/abrasive, how much of a spoiled brat  can you be? Oh god they didn't give us anything (aside from a ton of supplements) this latter half of the year, we are NOTHING TO THEM BOOHOOHOOHOO!!

Because nevermind that we dominated the first third of year, which is meant to be 40k's  30th birthday (you know, something that MAAAYBE could be viewed as an especial occasion and thus elicit special attention!) Or that back in 2016, 40k got nothing until june-july. Yeah, sure, all this  means that AoS is an after-thought. It certainly doesn't mean, AT ALL, that they are banking on a special occassion and thus giving extra attention to event game. 

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xking said:

Calm down, Both of you please. 

Oh yeah, I'm leaving this at that. No intent on really spewing bile (well, MORE bile, that is.)

5 minutes ago, Theslowcentury said:

After so much 40k and some strong hints from those in the know I strongly suspect that the first quarter of next year will be good for AoS releases! 

^_^

All that said, I think this has been a great year for GW hobby and the rumour engine has been maddening and fun.

I seem to recall that A) there were rumours about nurgle in february for sigmar B) deathrattle would be getting something in january. Plus malign portents.

1 minute ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

I seem to recall that A) there were rumours about nurgle in february for sigmar B) deathrattle would be getting something in january. Plus malign portents.

Caveat - I'm not in the know! However I do run a shop so have a chat with the trade team a lot and there have been some strong hints about AoS - some overt and some more subtle (like an awful lot of stuff coming off the trade list/module one list which normally hints at a rebox - Skaven and Nurgle hard to get at the moment for instance)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Theslowcentury said:

Caveat - I'm not in the know! However I do run a shop so have a chat with the trade team a lot and there have been some strong hints about AoS - some overt and some more subtle (like an awful lot of stuff coming off the trade list/module one list which normally hints at a rebox - Skaven and Nurgle hard to get at the moment for instance)

flat,800x800,075,t.jpg

Any  more specifics?

• Like 1

What would be cool is a shift away from Stormcast towards other new stuff, particularly those factions that have been ignored for ages. Like a new Empire versus Death box or something, with cool new magic / machiney human units, and whatever new skeleton/ghouls they could conjure up to fit the new world. 

Honestly  back when I started playing the two new death releases this year plus the new generals handbook rules would have been it for at least three years. My old wood elves had two whole editions without an update. I'm not saying that death/aelves and others couldn't do with some love, but these projects take time to do properly, especially if you're doing something original and not just updating a few old sculpts. We all have plenty of other stuff to paint and play with in the meantime.

Whilst we're on the subject of Stormcast, let's clear one thing up - GW pursue the golden child model when it comes to flagship armies because it works. More than two thirds of all 40k players have a marine army, so you can sell a new squad or character to any of them. The percentage collecting Eldar is in single figures, so any new release requires the same amount of effort for much lower returns. To build sales for smaller ranges you need to generate enough excitement to get players to start whole new armies, which generally means a full range update. That's a massive resource sink. 

Could GW be more imaginative with this? Sure. Create a non-Stormcast character who can ally with any order faction and you'd get the same effect, but as a small one off release another Stormcast is still an extra option for every order player.

20 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

What would be cool is a shift away from Stormcast towards other new stuff, particularly those factions that have been ignored for ages. Like a new Empire versus Death box or something, with cool new magic / machiney human units, and whatever new skeleton/ghouls they could conjure up to fit the new world. 

You forgot to mention Grots. O.o Everytime I read a post from you, you always also mention Grots. I hope this does not mean that you have given up on them getting new releases. O.o I would also hope for Grots. 

4 minutes ago, Infeston said:

You forgot to mention Grots. O.o Everytime I read a post from you, you always also mention Grots. I hope this does not mean that you have given up on them getting new releases. O.o I would also hope for Grots. 

Well of course thats my wishful thinking. I'm also realistic that there are other neglected factions! humans, skeletons, goblins, dark elfs, light elfs. All seem in a similar position. 

I'm fine with the existing grots models tbh, would just like battalions and allegiances abilities for them. 

I dont know much about 40k, but I have read through the article and it seems like most of their december releases are not customizable easy to build variants of some existing models. Is it really something we should be interested in? I mean, its nice to have some cheap alternatives but its definitely not something we should be angry not getting right now. I dont like new Lord Celestant model much, but given the fact I plan to field my SCEs as Ogres in KoW too, he actually fits pretty well :-D 

6 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

So what do you guys think will be the reveal in particularly that, to quote warhammer community's announcements' article, "we won't want to miss"?

This and "soon" should be forbidden for them to use. Those statesments from them usually create disappointment and overrated hype. Hope next year will give them the chance to improve in this field ;) waiting for you, new AoS, not necessarily Stormcast, releases ;)

• Like 1

“Warhammer Quest fans are particularly well-served by this month’s White Dwarf, with the beginnings of a whole new adventure in Shadows over Hammerhal to get stuck into using the 12 free cards as well as new rules for mercenary allies. Combined with the new Chaos Adversary Cards, it’s a great time to return to Hammerhal…”

So... bright news for the Warhammer Quest side of things. 12 free cards... and mercenary Allies. A bunch of new content cards (hopefully covering the new heroes that have been released but don’t have cards ... like Naeve ...)

Maybe covering some of the Shadespire models? ... that would be the bees knees ...

While not “mainline AoS” it’s a very nice expansion to the Warhammer Quest side of the hobby. :)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Is warhammer quest suitable for a 5 year old? Like playing with his dad. I want to get him into warhammer but not sure how. Xmas seems an opportunity. 

That’s a tough one. 

The basic game would work with you and your son and reading the story elements to him could be a nice version of story time. 

Though I’m not sure if the content of the stories are suitable for a 5 year old . . . Best way to answer would be if you read some of he story part of the book to see if it’s appropriate.

1 hour ago, Charles said:

That’s a tough one. 

The basic game would work with you and your son and reading the story elements to him could be a nice version of story time. 

Though I’m not sure if the content of the stories are suitable for a 5 year old . . . Best way to answer would be if you read some of he story part of the book to see if it’s appropriate.

Maybe shadespire would be better. Even if he's just playing soldiers with the models I'll be happy. 

Truth is that its ME that wants hero quest. 

• Like 2

Open Day reveals are posted at Warhammer Community, without so much as a mention of AoS:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

Says "that's it" at the end, so I don't think there is more coming from Open Day. Looks like we won't get any news on AoS until 2018, barring maybe a New Years Teaser like they did at the end of 2016.

2 hours ago, Sheriff said:

Is warhammer quest suitable for a 5 year old? Like playing with his dad. I want to get him into warhammer but not sure how. Xmas seems an opportunity. 

I have found with my 5-year-old that he gets excited to roll dice and kill the bad guys, so I don't even bother with the story side for him. Essentially I made the decisions and let him just roll the dice -- he is, after all, only 5. He has enjoyed it though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Open Day reveals are posted at Warhammer Community, without so much as a mention of AoS:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

Says "that's it" at the end, so I don't think there is more coming from Open Day. Looks like we won't get any news on AoS until 2018, barring maybe a New Years Teaser like they did at the end of 2016.

Well, it is 40k Open Day.*

So that can't come as too much of a disappointment.

*I know some Necromunda and 30k was also revealed, but those are all in-universe games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1