The Rumour Thread

The mortar range change doesn't make sense to me. I get the change in which models can take which weapons (though, my goodness those are pretty @Thomas Lyons).

1 hour ago, Bjarni St. said:

Another significant side-effect is that the unit now synergises extremely poorly with the Chemist buff that grants one weapon profile +1 Attack.

Not if they all go rifle. The new special rules seem to emphasize mixed units, though.

• Like 1

I think the change is good for the future, but very badly communicated to the community. It is one thing to change points values or to nerf a rule, but if GW want to make a change that effects the way someone builds a unit it is extremely important to communicate this quickly to prevent people like Tom from wasting their time and money.

If I was you Tom, I would contact GW customer service on Monday with a polite but strongly worded email including a picture of your new illegal unit.

I hope GW is able to do the right thing and sort this problem out quickly. 

It may not effect many people but it is a serious issue that needs addressing. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

As a final note regarding these Thunderer changes, I've created a poll in the Order forum hoping to gather some initial data that I want to pass on to GW to get an idea of how the forthcoming changes to Thunderers are both felt and perceived by the community.  If you want to participate in that feedback or discuss these changes further, I would encourage you to jump over there.  I don't want to clog up the Rumor Thread with a discussion of this change. 

You can find that thread here.

• Like 2

Here's stuff: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2333

Pulled out some not-spoiled info.

-Seraphon, fireslayer, ironjaws got extra Warscrolls Battalions with really nice background.

-No 40k update (shooting hero...)
-Allies in 400pt for 2000pt, can't be generals, no keywords added (in case you were wondering ^^), don't count toward min units (so no using them for Battleline - me) but count for max.

-Compendium units are not in the book anymore

-70% of the units have points change, there is a little sun showing a change (very nice idea)

http://i.imgur.com/RW68Ub4.jpg

E94UEMV.jpg

JjVbRzg.jpg

qkkj0A1.jpg

g6DDuRn.jpg

oh8243c.jpg

5nsu1Pg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ybSfvyN.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdkinker said:

The picture of the Pitched Battle Profiles with red suns next to the names marks units that have had their points values changed, iirc. Apparently the majority of units have received some point changes (based on a review, not just that pic).

Yep.  One reviewer said approximately 70% of the units received points adjustments.

Actually a huge change to shooting. Thunderers have been hit with a big nerf - no 5 Cannons or 5 Thunderers - a great change in my view. This makes Khemist Spam far less efficient (as a 50% buff to pure rifles, not a 100% buff to pure Cannons). Also deletes Mortar spam! A great change.

4 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So despite all the debate their has been, it appears that no changes has been made to shooting? Are we then to expect most shooters will become more expensive? Or did they just decide that shooting is as fair is supossed to be?

Well they havent teased it yet. And a change to the rules wouldn't have to be more than changing a paragraph in the four pages of rules. 

On the other hand... I don't expect it. I'm not a tournament player and for casual games shooting isn't broken in my experience. Non of us have the models to spam anything ?

But we'll see

44 minutes ago, Nico said:

Brayherd buffs look good. I really hope that the anti-cover debuff aura counters Staunch Defender too! Gors look appropriately cheap too.

Pointwise it seems good, but soooo many Modells to move (~100 Modells per 1k Points if pure Brayherd) ? 

but the ambush rule is odd, just first turn, 6" in one edge (easy to deny with the 9" distance from enemy units), no movement afterwords - i would have preferred 9" distance and ambush from all sides not edges. 

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Yep.  One reviewer said approximately 70% of the units received points adjustments.

I think you'll find it's a lot less than that. They seem to be starring stuff that got Massive Regiment bonus as well (Gors, Bestigors and Ungors all didn't change in points, but got Massive Regiment bonus). So it is a change... but not necessarily a straight up change to points.

Also what's interesting is that Skirmish predictions keep on track. Great Bray Shaman dropped to 90 points, which is what Skirmish Renown was back calculated as... Sorry Sylvaneth fans, it's looking more and more likely your Kurnoths are going up!

7 hours ago, Professor Clio said:

Honestly it was simply silly that you could pick 10 of the best weapons for free like that. Sucks you bought 10 boxes but frankly that kind of cheese is bad for the game so I'm happy they're making the change.  Great paint job on those guys though, very impressive. I especially love the basing.

Well my heart bleeds for you Tom? But i have to agree, seems a bit cheesy

4 hours ago, Johann said:

but the ambush rule is odd, just first turn, 6" in one edge (easy to deny with the 9" distance from enemy units), no movement afterwords - i would have preferred 9" distance and ambush from all sides not edges. 

It's any board edge, so pretty good without being OP. Plus, with the one artefact, you can bring on half of them in the second turn. 

True, it's relatively easy to mitigate against, but I like it!?

• Like 1