The Rumour Thread

Just now, Dreadmund said:

Yup, but with this Merc group I can also grant them a free 6" move. Depending on how much extra it costs to do that, it could be a nice little bonus to us.

The move is D6", so could be 1" ! Giving up allies? HARD Pass for that!

Just now, Charlo said:

The move is D6", so could be 1" ! Giving up allies? HARD Pass for that!

Oh I missed that in my skim read. Shame.

The problem with allies for Nurgle is that unless they already have the Nurgle Keyword lots of our abilities hurt or hinder them so for the most part we only take Pestilens or StD units. We'll have the same problem with mercenaries...

As someone who has been holding out for a darkoath release since Malign Portents, this is a little worrying.

Can someone please talk to the dark whisperings in my head that GW might tease out Warcry releases for a few months then have a Xmas release for darkoath?

If I don’t get my hands on new models soon I’m going to have to start painting landscapes...

2 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

As someone who has been holding out for a darkoath release since Malign Portents, this is a little worrying.

Can someone please talk to the dark whisperings in my head that GW might tease out Warcry releases for a few months then have a Xmas release for darkoath?

If I don’t get my hands on new models soon I’m going to have to start painting landscapes...

Slaves to Darkness have expanded allegiance abilities in the new GHB, so I'm afraid that Darkoath is probably a fair way away yet.

1 minute ago, Dreadmund said:

The problem with allies for Nurgle is that unless they already have the Nurgle Keyword lots of our abilities hurt or hinder them so for the most part we only take Pestilens or StD units. We'll have the same problem with mercenaries...

I don't want to be harsh but maybe your lads should have thought about that before eternally dedicating their souls to an insane god of plague and becoming a load of shambling, bloated, puss dripping, pox ridden nightmares. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

That's not a bad thing - when you finish it Darkoath will definitely be in stores.

And @Charlo - as some people already said, Brayherd had Abilities in GHB2018 and still got a battletome  shortly.

Just now, michu said:

That's not a bad thing - when you finish it Darkoath will definitely be in stores.

And @Charlo - as some people already said, Brayherd had Abilities in GHB2018 and still got a battletome  shortly.

Oh yeah! Cool stuff then :) thought there was one example of that but couldn't put my finger on it.

3 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I don't want to be harsh but maybe your lads should have thought about that before eternally dedicating their souls to an insane god of plague and becoming a load of shambling, bloated, puss dripping, pox ridden nightmares. 

Don't try to talk sense at me about my weirdo, scab cult. We don't get Disgustingly Resilient saves against emotional damage :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Most interesting thing they mentioned is the digital version of the booklet with the pitched profiles for free.

Most disarming thing they mentioned is the reason why there is a digital version: they finished the GHB before Gloomspite was completed so the points for them and all other books afterwards are not included.

Everything else is already mentioned somewhere else, they put emphasis on the small format games so here hoping the 1000pt games on a dining table will actually be strategically relevant 

I find it hard to believe the GHB was finished before Gloomspite. Especially since they were asking for points feedback for the GHB in December when Gloomspite would have already gone to print. If anything I think having the points as a separate booklet would allow them to hold off on finishing points adjustments for a bit longer.

As for the cut off-I'd think about 3 months before the GHB was released so March-ish. I think FEC and Skaven will be the big question since they're probably close to the cut off and major over performers (especially FEC). Unless they give out massive points reductions for most factions I think they're going to get major push back if they don't touch FEC.

I'm curious about Maggotkin of Nurgle, Nighthaunt, and Gloomspite as they are AoS 2 battletomes that seem to be behind the power curve of the other new edition battletomes. 

12 minutes ago, michu said:

Do you think that Snot Green and Vomit Brown  are funny names for paint? Now we can create our own hilarious colours!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/10/citadel-paints-whats-in-a-namegw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-2/

(I got Chaos Armour - nothing too special :( )

I got Extremely-stressful Eggplant

I am not even sure what this paint would look like, but it sounds worthy of being the base color of an army for sure.

12 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I find it hard to believe the GHB was finished before Gloomspite. Especially since they were asking for points feedback for the GHB in December when Gloomspite would have already gone to print. If anything I think having the points as a separate booklet would allow them to hold off on finishing points adjustments for a bit longer.

That’s what was said in the video that then disappeared, as it was mentioned also by other users in this forum it’s not me misunderstanding... 

However the recording may be old or outdated and one of the reasons it has been removed.

Here's the list of factions for the new Mercenary system:

• Deathrattle
  • Gargants + Chaos Gargant
  • Soulblight
  • Freeguild
  • Dispossessed
  • StD (Darkoath)
  • Gutbusters

Except for Gargants, that looks suspiciously like a list of the factions that are missing a battletome or that we suspect will get a their own battletome before too long. No Aelves though. Could be a list of upcoming Battletomes (the other two mercenary factions are FEC and Fyreslayers), or it could be just a little gifts for the players who own these armies but won't field them because their rules sucks. Or it could be a coincidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1