The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Backfield heroes like Hag Queens will get absolutely wrecked with that spell.  They only have a 5+ save and you go with the unmodified characteristic. Even with a 5+ save after save they are probably dead or almost.

You roll 6 dice and they take 1 mortal wound for each roll less than their save characteristic, so 1-4  on a Hag queen which is 4 mortal wounds.  She'll save 1/3 of those so 2.667 or 2 to 3 wounds realistically.

Edit: I really don't like the mirror's Gaze Not into its Depths ability, its one of those balanced because its so random. Most of the time it does nothing but sometimes it does 24+ mortal wounds and kills any hero in the game (including Nagash statistically if you get the full 36).

Edited by Forrix

1 hour ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I missed the livestream due too work so hopefully someone else in this thread can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember people quoting them as having said "mortals are not in this book because we haven't figured out how we want to do slaanesh mortals yet" Obviously paraphrasing a secondhand source here so hopefully someone who saw the livestream can confirm the quote. Besides they probably won't do a full book if they do get around to it and do something like a supplement book akin to the shadowspear supplements for 40k  with just the new warscrolls and maybe command traits and artifacts specific to mortals. But if it does happen then it would definitely be much later down the line possibly as a foil to one of the major aelves releases for a dual box themed around a slaanesh jailbreak or something. Slaanesh being freed does sound like a good reason for a bunch of mortals to roll up on the aelves doorstep and for the aelves to get off their butts and start doing stuff in the lore so that all the bereaved high elf players can feed their addiction like the rest of us.

That’s how I see it happening (and hope tbh). Slaanesh jailbreak can be an event as big as the Necroquake and everything that came after, so I guess it could be the next big event in after the Death themed one running currently, and it could be the focal point of AoS 3 when we’ll actually get a proper book. Slaanesh freed and war with Aelves. It wouldn’t even hurt if the Order focal point in AoS 3 is not Stormcasts either.

Or again, that’s what I hope.

11 minutes ago, Forrix said:

You roll 6 dice and they take 1 mortal wound for each roll less than their save characteristic, so 1-4  on a Hag queen which is 4 mortal wounds.  She'll save 1/3 of those so 2.667 or 2 to 3 wounds realistically.

That’s only if it is a Hag Naar Queen. And in range of the generals buff. 

It’s a 6+ after save otherwise so it’d be 3-4 wounds on average 3.57 if we want accuracy.  And then will probably kill the same amount of witches as well. 6+ save will take average 5 out of six dice and they might save .86 of those, 1.78 if they are Hag Naar and possibly another .66 save with the reroll save prayer. So 3-5 dead witches and a nearly dead Hag Queen in the Hero phase. 

Edited by King Taloren

43 minutes ago, Austin said:

eah that’s my fear, that the Darkoath got canceled. Like I said we should know soon with all the previews. 

There is no way StD/Everchosen/Darkoath has been canceled. So many tips point out in that direction: chritmass battleforce, new mini here and there barbarian/darkoath look, persistant rumors (yet more or less previously confirmed: I don't remember the guy, but he gave an approximative shcedule for 2019 and it shows to be true for now), relatively big faction if "StD+Everchoosen+ something" (and numerous minis available), potentially synergizable with many things in Chaos (so, big train to lead to more sales)....

I'm convinced that there will be this battletome. The question is not IF but HOW (content)  (and eventually WHEN but seems to be this summer) 

55 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Backfield heroes like Hag Queens will get absolutely wrecked with that spell.  They only have a 5+ save and you go with the unmodified characteristic. Even with a 5+ save after save they are probably dead or almost.

most aelves and Khorne priests are just dead getting hit with those wheels.

Not really...  you will have a hard time one shot priest.

But with mirror you may dmg them and  control their movement

9 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Not really...  you will have a hard time one shot priest.

But with mirror you may dmg them and  control their movement

Not really. Average he is taking at least 4 mortal wounds. 5 is quite likely and he has no save after save without another unit close by. Might have to combo another spell to finish him off. Hit he is nearly dead with no heal.

though on the other side of things that is four to five depravity points you aren’t getting so probably better to hit chaff with it.

Edited by King Taloren

Just a note GW did NOT  say that Slaanesh was getting a separate mortals book. 

The rules guy only said it in passing as one of many possible options for how they might release mortals in the future; depending on the situation then and on how much the miniatures team made. Ergo there is NO plan for it. Furthermore if AoS 3.0 were out chances are they'd be rolled into it; or it would be an expansion book rather like hte recent one Chaos got for 40K wherein its just rules and updates not a full functional army on its own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azmodan said:

The lack of mortals is being discused for over 15 pages now. Can we stop with the "disapointed with no new mortals" , "missed oportunity", "i switch to another army"

Alright. Though the big thing here is that for the food things. Which are good, I almost feel like Slaanesh was made for my playstyle almost perfectly I love the shenanigans that can be put together with what we’ve seen.

Its that compared to every other Chaos God Who had major releases their first battletome into AoS.

Khorne launches the game with Stormcast and gets a ton of new units to play with to he point they have the problem Stormcast should be, so many good heroes and units and not enough space to play them all.

Tzeentch comes out and everyone talks about the dread skyfires. He also gets a lot of new heroes and units. More focus was on 40k with Magus the Red making his comeback into real space but Tzeentch has a really good showing in AoS  too.

Nurgle had Bilepiper, Horticultus, all the new bugs and first good summon mechanics of Sigmar 1.0. A lot of new units and heroes. Also was a big event about Nurgle invading Hyish for AoS and Deathguard making a return in 40k.

Slaanesh.... five heroes, endless spells and terrain. Oh and we cut out the only mortals in the actual faction. And there isn’t anything big happening either, Nagash is the Gaarosh Hellscream for 2.0 and we don’t want to detract from that right now. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

Furthermore if AoS 3.0 were out chances are they'd be rolled into it; or it would be an expansion book rather like hte recent one Chaos got for 40K wherein its just rules and updates not a full functional army on its own. 

I've been suggesting something similar, do a shadowspear and roll them into a dual box with aelves or something. Just have it be a suppliment booklet with warscrolls and maybe some command traits and artifacts specific to mortals.

8 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Slaanesh.... five heroes, endless spells and terrain. Oh and we cut out the only mortals in the actual faction. And there isn’t anything big happening either, Nagash is the Gaarosh Hellscream for 2.0 and we don’t want to detract from that right now. 

I'll play devils advocate and say that at least we are getting banger rules out the gate whereas most of the larger armies have either bad rules or useless units. So perhaps roster bloat is a bad thing, especially considering khorne effectively went through 3 books to get to the point their at now.

Just now, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I'll play devils advocate and say that at least we are getting banger rules out the gate whereas most of the larger armies have either bad rules or useless units. So perhaps roster bloat is a bad thing, especially considering khorne effectively went through 3 books to get to the point their at now.

I agree with your point, but to play devils advocate to your devils advocate; Most Slaanesh players (unproven statement, requires backup), aren't going to prioritize rules over models/lore anytime soon, and it is in that regard that the disappointment exists. I'd be surprised if anyone claims that the new rules are terrible (heck, I think they're pretty good based on what we've seen so far), but that's not where the issue lies either :)

• Like 1

Just now, Mayple said:

I agree with your point, but to play devils advocate to your devils advocate; Most Slaanesh players (unproven statement, requires backup), aren't going to prioritize rules over models/lore anytime soon, and it is in that regard that the disappointment exists. I'd be surprised if anyone claims that the new rules are terrible (heck, I think they're pretty good based on what we've seen so far), but that's not where the issue lies either :)

As a slaaneh player I am quite disappointed but I also don't want to drag on complaining when geedubs has clearly dropped the ball and isn't prepared to pick it up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

As a slaaneh player I am quite disappointed but I also don't want to drag on complaining when geedubs has clearly dropped the ball and isn't prepared to pick it up.

For sure. I'm with you on that one. 

Just figured it'd be worth pointing out (in general, not that I think you had it wrong) that the issue is very much the model/lore part of the release, and not at all the rules part of it. A bit interesting, really, as it exemplifies  "Do people care more about rules, lore, or models?" pretty well. 

5 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Not sure where is "clear" dropping of the ball is. To me, this new book looks like a major home run.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Not sure where is "clear" dropping of the ball is. To me, this new book looks like a major home run.

The balldropping is basically that for a first time Chaos God release there is significant less fanfare compared to the other three. We don’t even get like a “Slaanesh’s demons invade Ulgu!!!11!1!1 Daughters vs Slaanesh. Hints of Malarion elves incoming...”

just alittle recognition that thris is supposed to be one of the biggest threats to the mortal realms.

Edited by King Taloren
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

The balldropping is basically that for a first time Chaos God release there is significant less fanfare compared to the other three. We don’t even get like a “Slaanesh’s demons invade Ulgu!!!11!1!1 Daughters vs Slaanesh. Hints of Malarion elves incoming...”

It's always been like that, innit? The Chaos gods are not at all created equal, with Khorne as the major poster-demons and main antagonist towards the Stormcast. Slaanesh has always been playing second fiddle.

Furthermore, I don't think this is the final form of the Hedonites - Slaanesh is still in chains in the Gloaming, and the hunt is still on. GW is probably waiting until Malerion and Tyrion's aelven factions are ready for release to advance the storyline further. A wise choice, in my opinion.

Edited by Yokai
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mayple said:

For sure. I'm with you on that one. 

Just figured it'd be worth pointing out (in general, not that I think you had it wrong) that the issue is very much the model/lore part of the release, and not at all the rules part of it. A bit interesting, really, as it exemplifies  "Do people care more about rules, lore, or models?" pretty well. 

I do wonder how many people put models as their main draw to GW during the community survey. I have a feeling a lot of people choice models over rules, books, and other stuff since that seem the most obvious answer to most people.

• Like 1

Slaanesh is still not free, their servants are just more active now, so it's normal it didn't have as much fanfare as other gods. Hey, we skaven got only book, endless spells and terrain and there was no big event for GHR,  the greatest Chaos god of them all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, novakai said:

I do wonder how many people put models as their main draw to GW during the community survey. I have a feeling a lot of people choice models over rules, books, and other stuff since that seem the most obvious answer to most people.

I put models. Rules are important but I've played other miniature games that were pretty good. What makes Warhammer (40k and AoS) really stand out are their miniatures. Personally, I'll iffy on the Slaanesh release since I'm not sold on daemonettes and it seems to require a ton of them. Time will tell though, the new Keeper and Fiend models are both excellent and I've always like Hellstriders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Slaanesh is still not free, their servants are just more active now, so it's normal it didn't have as much fanfare as other gods. Hey, we skaven got only book, endless spells and terrain and there was no big event for GHR,  the greatest Chaos god of them all.

I think that’s partly because you guys did blow up Morrsleibb so they might not have forgotten about that.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I'll make the assumptious statement that most people are probably always going to prioritize the models, but will be on either side of the lore/rules fence. Only when the rules actively hinder the enjoyment of the models (Current aelf range, BCR, etc) do people start looking at the rules first, and models second.

Any views that go against what I just said are most welcome :) It's an interesting topic. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

I think that’s partly because you guys did blow up Morrsleibb so they might not have forgotten about that.

That was just one moon, now we have so much more-more. You man-things should be thankful, thanks to our cunning schemes-plans you have not one but 8 worlds.

Damn,

Wanted to stop this topic, but I just added fuel to fire. Learn how to Internet :p.

Anyway after preview, slaanesh look like A unique army with many interesting abilities. And your opponnent may react to them somehow. I really like it,i imagine I will have a lot of fun playing with plastic soldiers yay :)